Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3631481 times)

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #13140 on: February 25, 2010, 01:02:49 pm »

war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!

AWESOME1!

Fixed that up

:'(

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13141 on: February 25, 2010, 01:03:02 pm »

got appropriate wilderness creatures to enter the map from liquid/air edges properly
If this means what I think it does (fish can arrive from the edges) then yay!
Though my dwarfs doesn't seem to agree...
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13142 on: February 25, 2010, 01:07:32 pm »

got appropriate wilderness creatures to enter the map from liquid/air edges properly
If this means what I think it does (fish can arrive from the edges) then yay!
Though my dwarfs doesn't seem to agree...

...but can they leave?
I'd really like to have item theif fishies. Kobolds of the Sea, I'd call them, and they'd remove all the goods that currently lie on the ocean floor for all eternity, dragging it off to Davey Shipshoots' locker (where it will cease to trouble my fps).
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13143 on: February 25, 2010, 01:09:37 pm »

Nope, you can't nest templates yet, although Toady's conscious that it'd be useful.

Are you sure about this one?  Toady said that creature templates couldn't be nested, but the way he phrased it didn't seem make a statement one way or another on material templates.  My understanding is that creature templates are problematic because of all the jumping around they do, but material templates are pretty straightforward: just read the list and overwrite the tags.

Yep, I'm sure, although unfortunately I don't have a quote for it.

Chrispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13144 on: February 25, 2010, 01:10:17 pm »

Well, it's not without precedent to use coal as a precious stone...
http://images.google.ca/images?&q=coal+sculptures

Plus, it would make the game more fun.  :)  oooh, look, an !!Anthracite Carving!!, I should pick it up!  (And yes, I know anthracite isn't in the game, but it's the pretty coal)
Quote from: Toady
"This suggestion is very broad."
≡«+large yellow diamond+»≡
On the item is an exceptionally designed image of a diamond in yellow diamond.

Tonren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13145 on: February 25, 2010, 03:06:08 pm »

Hey Toady, out of curiosity, do you write unit tests for any of your code?  (Sorry if this has been asked before; I searched the forums but nothing came up.)

Pathos

« Reply #13146 on: February 25, 2010, 03:27:14 pm »

Toady, would it be possible for us to get an early sample of the RAWs so we can have a nice start on modding?

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13147 on: February 25, 2010, 03:28:18 pm »

war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!

AWESOME1!

Fixed that up

:'(

Remember, bears are supposed to put out fires...

"Only YOU can prevent forest fires!"

about the coal gems... that's cool, dorfs should be the first to figure out how to synthesize diamonds from carbon! too bad it's being fixed.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13148 on: February 25, 2010, 04:10:41 pm »

I suddenly remembered Toph from Avatar. No, not the one with blue catgirls.
I wonder if we'll ever be able to mod in Benders... that would be cool. Roleplay as an avatar with rather loose morals

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13149 on: February 25, 2010, 04:31:46 pm »

Toady, would it be possible for us to get an early sample of the RAWs so we can have a nice start on modding?

I'm sure there are more than this, but these were number 7 on the forum's own search.  I don't have a clue where all these were, but I'm pretty sure some of them were earlier in the thread.  Footkerchief can probably point you at the relevant posts.  OR you could go searching yourself.  Ya know, being proactive and not relying on other people to do things for you ;)

Sample weapon raws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sample creature raws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I forget which other samples were offered, so I will keep poking around. Hope this helped.

And here is a giant link.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/spoilers/raws-12-18-08/index.html
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

LordZorintrhox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13150 on: February 25, 2010, 04:49:11 pm »

I suddenly remembered Toph from Avatar. No, not the one with blue catgirls.
I wonder if we'll ever be able to mod in Benders... that would be cool. Roleplay as an avatar with rather loose morals

As in the robot?  Or The Last Air-Bender? (I have no specifics on that show, so I wouldn't know...)  I'd clarify what you meant there, because that could be read in a VERY bad manner if one is not aware of Futurama or Avatar: TLAB.
...but their muscles would also end up looking like someone wrapped pink steel bridge-cables around a fire hydrant and then shrink-wrapped it in a bearskin.

HEY, you should try my Dwarfletter tileset...it's pretty.
I make games, too

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13151 on: February 25, 2010, 05:08:50 pm »

Seemed pretty obvious to me.

How loose morals are we talking, here?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Pathos

« Reply #13152 on: February 25, 2010, 05:09:27 pm »

I'm sure there are more than this, but these were number 7 on the forum's own search.  I don't have a clue where all these were, but I'm pretty sure some of them were earlier in the thread.  Footkerchief can probably point you at the relevant posts.  OR you could go searching yourself.  Ya know, being proactive and not relying on other people to do things for you ;)

Ooh, they're great thank you. I just really want a COMPLETE list of new TAGS, replaced TAGS and removed TAGS, so I can start modding a few creatures for the next version from scratch. =p The full RAWs would be the best thing, of course, since then I'd know what creatures were in and what ones were not.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #13153 on: February 25, 2010, 05:28:27 pm »

Ooh, they're great thank you. I just really want a COMPLETE list of new TAGS, replaced TAGS and removed TAGS, so I can start modding a few creatures for the next version from scratch. =p The full RAWs would be the best thing, of course, since then I'd know what creatures were in and what ones were not.

Well, since he in the middle (or beginning, or end) of bug testing, their probably in a state of flux. So any information would be tenacious, and also there is the spoilers for spiffy stuff he tried hard to not let the community in on, no matter individual preferences.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13154 on: February 25, 2010, 05:28:41 pm »

In addition to what Rockphed posted, there are links to tons more sample raws at the bottom of this post.
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 1065