Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3575621 times)

Campabl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #11400 on: January 27, 2010, 10:01:34 pm »

Ya know what would be tight? Is if they added mutiny and rebellion and what if there could be civil wars and stuff? Like what if your fortress spilt up and one half (the ones that are against you) leave the fortress and start they're own fortress to fight yours, unless you destroy them before they get completely off the map!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11401 on: January 27, 2010, 10:10:32 pm »

? Um thats in the bloats and actually you are in the worng subforum.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11402 on: January 27, 2010, 10:17:17 pm »

There was talk earlier about metabolisms, etc. Right now, I know increasing the speed just decreases the amount of frames it takes for them to do something and doesn't actually change the rate that they sleep, eat, etc. In fact, they'll eat, sleep, and drink at normal speed. Really, I'm just wondering if doing something like that would actually affect metabolisms since we will have a bunch of metabolic stuff in the next release.

I had the thought as I've had my dwarves on speed 0 for a while as I'm moving a huge pile of stone inside my fort proper.
[/quote]

I've noticed that their food/drink/sleep timers don't go up any faster, but they take about half a second to finish meals. Drinking doesn't seem to be done faster, though, and not sure about sleeping. But eating meals has always been fast, so it might be handled differently.

jamoecw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11403 on: January 27, 2010, 10:22:23 pm »

When i hear plate i think of a breastplate size. not the strips that lorica segmentata uses.

ya, the whole plate misconception thing, the earliest plate armor that i know of is sort of a trauma plate worn in the middle of the chest.

what about the sheet vs. plate thing?  i haven't found much difference between them, but i haven't really looked.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11404 on: January 27, 2010, 10:57:17 pm »

I think there was a mention of stuck-in weapons having more effect in the wound. If you twist a stuck-in battleaxe, I expect you'd do some damage, and loosen the axe.

if you look at how axes are attached the their handles it is unlikely to loosen it, break it maybe.

I think when he said "loosen the axe," he meant "loosen the axehead with respect to the wound it's stuck in."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11405 on: January 27, 2010, 11:15:34 pm »

There was talk earlier about metabolisms, etc. Right now, I know increasing the speed just decreases the amount of frames it takes for them to do something and doesn't actually change the rate that they sleep, eat, etc. In fact, they'll eat, sleep, and drink at normal speed. Really, I'm just wondering if doing something like that would actually affect metabolisms since we will have a bunch of metabolic stuff in the next release.

I had the thought as I've had my dwarves on speed 0 for a while as I'm moving a huge pile of stone inside my fort proper.

I've noticed that their food/drink/sleep timers don't go up any faster, but they take about half a second to finish meals. Drinking doesn't seem to be done faster, though, and not sure about sleeping. But eating meals has always been fast, so it might be handled differently.

It probably seems quicker because they take less time getting to the food and sitting down to eat.

Sleeping definetly seems to be about the normal rate even if they are set to speed 0.

To put my question into a better context, will increasing their speed make them burn energy faster or something metabolism wise since they will now actually be burning fat.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:10:50 am by smjjames »

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11406 on: January 28, 2010, 12:37:19 am »

You know what would be neat?

The ability to either resize cloth and leather clothing, or to revert it back to "cloth" (same penalties as melting metal stuff, maybe?) so it can be reused.

Then I won't need to mod my goblins to be naked.

BradB

• Bay Watcher
  • I hate this site, it keeps me from playing!
    • View Profile
    • An awesome gaming news ticker, woweee!
« Reply #11407 on: January 28, 2010, 12:49:26 am »

You know what would be neat?

The ability to either resize cloth and leather clothing, or to revert it back to "cloth" (same penalties as melting metal stuff, maybe?) so it can be reused.

Then I won't need to mod my goblins to be naked.

Yeah, great idea. The ability to unstitch clothing and leather armout back into cloth rags and leather scaps would be handy.  The more recycling/reusing/reclaiming the better. Each clothing item should give out a certain amount of scraps according to size, but modified by the skill of the clothier/leatherworker (crap skill = few usable pieces, legendary = more pieces than normal).  From this, rags/scaps should be able to be converted into poor quality material (unless highly skilled).

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11408 on: January 28, 2010, 12:51:05 am »

For the record, suggestions should probably be going into the Suggestions forum, in their own threads.

That's a pretty good one, though.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #11410 on: January 28, 2010, 01:06:58 am »

A couple of questions regarding surgeons:

Will there be immigrant surgeons?

and

If injuries are rare at my fort, is it possible for my expert surgeon's skill to decay to the point that my next few injured dwarves are screwed?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11411 on: January 28, 2010, 01:12:55 am »

In Arena Mode when placing a creature can you choose it's size?  So you can place slightly larger horses to battle regular sized horses etc.

Can you designate an items quality in arena mode/make it of artifact quality?

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11412 on: January 28, 2010, 01:14:55 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8GxPOb1XKU

Skip to 5:40, that is what this conversation reminds me of.

. . .

In fact, I feel the whole movie perfectly describes any in depth DF discussion.

the bowling ball will hit the ground first due to air resistance (weight is a minor factor as well), and both will bounce, due to the compressibility of the ground, as it contains air.  the baby will bounce more than the cannon ball because the ground will break less on impact resulting in better retention of kinetic energy.

I seriously doubt that the baby would bounce, as I would suspect that it's structural integrity would be rendered void.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11413 on: January 28, 2010, 01:36:47 am »

In Arena Mode when placing a creature can you choose it's size?  So you can place slightly larger horses to battle regular sized horses etc.

Can you designate an items quality in arena mode/make it of artifact quality?

Between the lack of any such options in the arena mode screenshots, and Toady's statement that "You can't set attributes in any way [in the arena]," I'm going to guess no.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11414 on: January 28, 2010, 03:33:19 am »

If injuries are rare at my fort, is it possible for my expert surgeon's skill to decay to the point that my next few injured dwarves are screwed?[/color]

That's why Armok created retracting bridges at Z+4.
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 1065