Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3573813 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #11130 on: January 25, 2010, 05:58:54 am »

First post updated, cat bug fixed :D

Also, I've only been following DF for the last couple of months but, why exactly was it decided to do one long major update instead of normal updates?

Toady posted this a long while back, but it's still relevant:

Spoiler: long quote (click to show/hide)

Also, that cat bug got fixed suspiciously fast.  I bet he just removed cats.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:01:19 am by Footkerchief »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11131 on: January 25, 2010, 06:08:45 am »

and added pigs ;D so much more loveable

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: January 25, 2010, 06:20:49 am »

Also, that cat bug got fixed suspiciously fast.  I bet he just removed cats.
My hypothesis: adding specialcase for [verminhunter] to the code for carrying vermin.

Or  the job cancel code,since it presently works (cats carry vermin), just makes a false error. Where'er the problem part is.

Probably smarter than my thoughts though.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #11133 on: January 25, 2010, 06:25:50 am »

The cat bug was strange.  I looked and the relevant part of the code was already fixed, and I have no idea when I did that.  I remember I fixed it in the 40d# series, but I used a different more hackish fix there.  I must have just gotten tired of the announcements and then forgotten about it.  It's green now, anyway!

There's also the matter of including adventurer skills/entities and improved sieges along with the top 10 in the next series of releases, and I haven't decided on the order yet.  But yeah, I'm definitely going to address that when I get there, and there isn't as far off as lots of other things.
Since Adv skills inexplicably has dropped to #11, y'know.

I'm not sure what you are getting at.  It probably dropped down because I said I'd be doing it and sieges along with the top 10 way back when, since people want their votes to matter.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: January 25, 2010, 06:44:53 am »

There's also the matter of including adventurer skills/entities and improved sieges along with the top 10 in the next series of releases, and I haven't decided on the order yet.  But yeah, I'm definitely going to address that when I get there, and there isn't as far off as lots of other things.
Since Adv skills inexplicably has dropped to #11, y'know.

I'm not sure what you are getting at.  It probably dropped down because I said I'd be doing it and sieges along with the top 10 way back when, since people want their votes to matter.
It was just sort of an aside, since I earlier thought you were doing it because of its position in the top 10

But now, I think, you wrote down the rankings...yeah, I'm confused/it's late.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #11135 on: January 25, 2010, 06:57:27 am »

The adv skills/entities and improved sieges stuff are sort of our personal ones (though hopefully people will appreciate them and I know they are reasonably popular).  Then, there's the top 10 stuff, and yeah, I took one snapshot of the rankings back when, and I'll take another look once the release is out, at which point we were going to do... something.  I'm not sure it's clear, though we've discussed it.  I'd have to look back at what was decided if anything.  Things that are doing fairly well and didn't crack the top ten might come up as well.  It depends on where everything fits, and nothing is set in stone, especially when the situation might just be totally different once a lot but not all of those things are completed.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11136 on: January 25, 2010, 06:59:29 am »

Toady, in the future will enemies come up with new ways to kill your dwarves other than sieges and ambush parties? Will they perhaps try to poison your water supply, or hide in trading wagons? And will they eventually be able to destroy constructions like walls and floors?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: January 25, 2010, 07:07:01 am »

Toady, in the future will enemies come up with new ways to kill your dwarves other than sieges and ambush parties? Will they perhaps try to poison your water supply, or hide in trading wagons? And will they eventually be able to destroy constructions like walls and floors?
From what I understand: yes, unknown, unknown, yes. IIRC, mobile seige engines will come when vehicles are done properly and I remember something said about letting them knock stuff down so one cannot just lock the door until enemies go away.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11138 on: January 25, 2010, 07:17:04 am »

^^^ Yeah, destroyable constructions are practically guaranteed when Toady does the siege improvements that he just mentioned.

Will they perhaps try to poison your water supply

# Bloat272, WATER POISONING, (Future): Malicious creatures might attempt to poison or otherwise taint your water supply.

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11139 on: January 25, 2010, 07:23:11 am »

^^^ Yeah, destroyable constructions are practically guaranteed when Toady does the siege improvements that he just mentioned.

Will they perhaps try to poison your water supply

# Bloat272, WATER POISONING, (Future): Malicious creatures might attempt to poison or otherwise taint your water supply.

Cool.

Also, this means that 5-tile thick steel walls will be more far more effective than wooden fences, right?

Bacu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11140 on: January 25, 2010, 07:25:48 am »

I wait in this thread and the dev_now page every morning about this time, waiting to see what the next update is.

I have no life.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11141 on: January 25, 2010, 07:38:50 am »

I have no life.

Sure you do! It's just that it's owned by Toady. I suppose that, strictly speaking, this means that it's not your life, but you get what I mean.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11142 on: January 25, 2010, 07:49:45 am »

Just out of curiosity...

Quote from: dev_now
I've organized all of the remaining notes... massive but contained.
[...]
Can you put it in numbers?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11143 on: January 25, 2010, 07:53:47 am »

I can

A >= 0

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11144 on: January 25, 2010, 07:55:33 am »

I've had a few suggestions that seem deceptively easy to implement.

Will it be possible to make the ITEMCORPSE tag multi-value, i.e. so that several items may be added, and one of them will be chosen at random at the creature's death?

How probable is the inclusion of an .ini tag to remove all default embark items and replace them with just a lot of points? Mods frequently make the default starting pack disbalancing - some races don't have access to anvils, and there may be more expensive default metals. Sometimes even in vanilla you can get more points if you have expensive meat or booze selected by default.

In the same vein, how probable is an option to be able to select the amount of starting dwarves? Maybe even in-game, through the same interface we use to stock up on animals?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 1065