Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3636973 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #10470 on: January 16, 2010, 02:22:10 pm »

well, magma is in essence fixed_temp but can react with water in two ways...

Also...those ethics like [MURDER:ACCEPTABLE]? Are in civ definitions presently...

Well, presently, yes large groups together...do consider nomadic civs that aren't in yet.

Unfortunately it seems we will not be seeing "Kobold Diplomat" anytime soon in vanilla.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10471 on: January 16, 2010, 02:23:53 pm »

What is that?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: January 16, 2010, 02:28:09 pm »

(A Kobold Diplomat, wearing a Toga, bearing a Scroll and a Sceptre)
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10473 on: January 16, 2010, 02:56:57 pm »

That said, my most anticipated goal in the new version - aside from the usual wonders - will be modding in my Cactusmen. Their brains will be a gooey honey-like substance with hallucinogenic properties, that will bleed out of their eyes if you bash them properly. I will make an adventurer and try to live off said honey, becoming a thing of horror and legend.
Nice to see Carlos Castenada still continues to inspire to this day.

sproingie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10474 on: January 16, 2010, 03:17:52 pm »

That said, my most anticipated goal in the new version - aside from the usual wonders - will be modding in my Cactusmen.

Will they have a "1000 needles" attack?  That would be interesting to simulate on the level of individual needles. 

On that note, first trader I hear saying "Kupo" gets the magma.

As for FATAL, I remember reading some of it a way back, and yeah, aside from being tremendously vile, it wasn't really all that as mechanics go.  Toady's existing materials and layers system is overwhelmingly superior to any existing tabletop system, let alone one as arbitrary as that bad joke of an RPG.
Toady is the man who Peter Molyneux wishes he was

Quote from: ToadyOne
dragon pus was like creamy gold. Infect and collect!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: January 16, 2010, 03:36:04 pm »

"kupko" is human for "chop". "kupe" means "pregnant". Both are things you could feasibly hear in an idle conversation among traders. ;)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: January 16, 2010, 03:54:29 pm »

Still good reasons for magmaing them.  And Sean having just read the last few pages, you're now on my list of All Time Worst Distraction Posters.  Good God man, have you no shame?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: January 16, 2010, 03:58:55 pm »

"kupko" is human for "chop". "kupe" means "pregnant". Both are things you could feasibly hear in an idle conversation among traders. ;)

Not getting why those would be good reasons for magmafying them.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: January 16, 2010, 04:14:01 pm »

Still good reasons for magmaing them.  And Sean having just read the last few pages, you're now on my list of All Time Worst Distraction Posters.  Good God man, have you no shame?
You mean The Game That Must Not Be Named, or just my general manner of posting? I'm distracted myself, so it's easy for me to be distracting.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: January 16, 2010, 04:25:51 pm »

Anyhow Toady isn't close to being finished so keep your pants, skirt, kilt, underpants, skin on
Why you say that? As a good estimate he seems 1-2 months off from a release, if that. Barring any unforseen major bugs or anything, of course.

Underground features is darkblue, the rope shouldn't be too much of a problem, all the tests shouldn't take too long (if there isn't any major issues). Other than bugs coming up in the tests, the only thing I see taking more time is the 40d# integration

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10480 on: January 16, 2010, 05:09:35 pm »

Yeah, I think we probably only have a couple weeks until the initial release, then a week or two until bugfixing is done.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10481 on: January 16, 2010, 05:23:36 pm »

Anyhow Toady isn't close to being finished so keep your pants, skirt, kilt, underpants, skin on
Why you say that? As a good estimate he seems 1-2 months off from a release, if that. Barring any unforseen major bugs or anything, of course.

Underground features is darkblue, the rope shouldn't be too much of a problem, all the tests shouldn't take too long (if there isn't any major issues). Other than bugs coming up in the tests, the only thing I see taking more time is the 40d# integration

The person I was responding to said 1-2 days

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: January 16, 2010, 05:30:32 pm »

The person I was responding to said 1-2 days
Thought you were responding to the overall consensus of "Release is going to be soon(finally!)", not just a specific timeframe

Granted Soon in terms of this new release technically could be another 3-5 months >_>, or 1-2 years in DNF time.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10483 on: January 16, 2010, 07:23:00 pm »

Nice to see Carlos Castenada still continues to inspire to this day.

Alas, I've never heard of the gent. I just put too much effort into thinking up new and horrible ways for things to die.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #10484 on: January 16, 2010, 07:33:03 pm »

Thought you were responding to the overall consensus of "Release is going to be soon(finally!)", not just a specific timeframe

Granted Soon in terms of this new release technically could be another 3-5 months >_>, or 1-2 years in DNF time.

Soon in DNF time is within your lifetime. There are people who paid for pre-orders of DNF over 15 years ago.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1065