Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: Treasure sounds a lot like Treachery - Over, Everybody wins!  (Read 45261 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure sounds a lot like Treachery.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 10:37:12 pm »

Begin conniving. Anyone who's up for some sort of collusion, PM me.

Oh yeah, also, what about a movement penalty for carrying the artifact?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:11:36 pm by inaluct »

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure sounds a lot like Treachery - Still recruiting
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 04:44:12 am »

Good idea, how about the player holding the artifact moves one less square then he/she usually would.

One problem I've noticed: What if a person attacks a person who hasn't yet moved (Loss is assumed)? They obviously can't move back to their starting point, so what happens?
I see what you mean, to stop this from happening I will make it that players who are killed before they make their actions will still be sent back to the starting point but be no longer be able to move for the remainder of that turn. If this is not what you meant then please explain.
Like, the very start? Because that's just a long ways. Maybe they should be allowed to defend if they are attacked at a bonus, and failing that, are moved one tile in a direction and stunned for the remainder of the turn.
Not quite the direction I wanted this game to go in as it. Because if this were the case then the players that are late to make their move will be severely disadvantaged. I will try to make the map small to reduce the distance players are sent back. Also note that if you are killed and someone is making a break for it with the artifact then you may actually be advantaged as the exit will probably be near the starting points.

I have also updated the player list, please check that your on it if playing and that I haven't missed out any details.

Edit= It has occurred to me that players will also be able to cheat by editing their posts. I have added a new rule on the first post to stop this from happening.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:59:13 am by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 11:52:21 am »

Editing my info before game-start is possible, then? I'd like to camelcase my last name to Ace McSpade, if you please.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 03:10:32 pm »

Good idea, how about the player holding the artifact moves one less square then he/she usually would.

One problem I've noticed: What if a person attacks a person who hasn't yet moved (Loss is assumed)? They obviously can't move back to their starting point, so what happens?
I see what you mean, to stop this from happening I will make it that players who are killed before they make their actions will still be sent back to the starting point but be no longer be able to move for the remainder of that turn. If this is not what you meant then please explain.
Like, the very start? Because that's just a long ways. Maybe they should be allowed to defend if they are attacked at a bonus, and failing that, are moved one tile in a direction and stunned for the remainder of the turn.
Not quite the direction I wanted this game to go in as it. Because if this were the case then the players that are late to make their move will be severely disadvantaged. I will try to make the map small to reduce the distance players are sent back. Also note that if you are killed and someone is making a break for it with the artifact then you may actually be advantaged as the exit will probably be near the starting points.

I have also updated the player list, please check that your on it if playing and that I haven't missed out any details.

Edit= It has occurred to me that players will also be able to cheat by editing their posts. I have added a new rule on the first post to stop this from happening.
Well, the way it stands now, the people who move first are severely disadvantaged, since they have to risk being attacked right after they move AND they have no idea what anyone else will do. So, it's better for people to just wait 'til the last second to move.

Secondly, how would a person move when they re sent back BEFORE they move? Their moves wouldn't correspond with where they were versus where they are.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 03:22:14 pm »

Well, the way it stands now, the people who move first are severely disadvantaged, since they have to risk being attacked right after they move AND they have no idea what anyone else will do. So, it's better for people to just wait 'til the last second to move.
I suppose you are right but there is an advantage in moving first, you can attack and kill others before they get a chance to move.

Secondly, how would a person move when they re sent back BEFORE they move? Their moves wouldn't correspond with where they were versus where they are.
When players are re sent back before they move the will lose the rest of their turn which is also another disadvantage to those who wait. As I have shown in the example, players are free to use 'if' when they post their action:
e.g
DwarfMcDwarf: if Urist is killed his combat then I will move 3 squares south and one square west facing west. If Urist is not killed in his combat then I will move two squares north and attack him.

This is the first forum game of this type I have made. I have a feeling that this may be a complete failure as it is kind of a test run for the game. If it does fail then feel free to lynch me for wasting your time.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 03:24:15 pm »

Okay, that makes sense now.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 05:20:49 pm »

Admiral Fishhook
Sword
¿

He used to be a Captain Fishhook, but he found an admiral's hat so now he's an admiral.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure sounds a lot like Treachery - Need one more player
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 09:02:27 pm »

I figure that 12 players is enough so I have drawn up a map for 12. The game will start soon after the 12th player joins.
Map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure sounds a lot like Treachery - Needs one more player
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 09:07:52 pm »

So, is this the basic outline of movable area or will there be other features? Other features being a magma lake underneath the bridge which is their path, or monsters, or even other treasures?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 09:13:54 pm »

I assume it's just rock. Maybe a later version of the game with multiple hit points per life, jumping, and weapon knockback will have a use for magma, but it wouldn't be very exciting now.

Unless someone accidentally walks into it and can't edit their post, or something.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 09:20:47 pm »

I was just thinking for flavor.

Then there is the obligatory rolling boulder trap.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 09:22:47 pm »

Of course. Everybody loves boulders. :P

Anyway, I might change my weapon to an axe if the next player to join doesn't pick one. Maybe. I'm not really in this to win, so almost any weapon is okay.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 09:31:13 pm »

If this game is successful then I will probably end up spicing it up for the next. Maybe add an inventory, merchants and monsters. However for now this is just a test run and you are all my test subjects. That doesn't necessarily mean it won't be fun. Have fun dammit.
About editing posts, if you say something stupid in your post like: "I walk three spaces north" when all that is north is a wall and then you realize a second after you hit the post button. Just double post.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 09:47:24 pm »

Or edit it really quickly after after you make the post.

This sentence here was edited in.

Sir_Geo

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 09:47:43 pm »

I would like to join!
A guy wearing a monocle
Hammer!
This is an awesome idea!

My symbol will be a *

I should probably use fewer exclamation marks.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:49:21 pm by Sir_Geo »
The logistical problems dealing with a private space colony are at least as bad as dealing with the zombies.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-5403-fortressdipped
Fortressdipped, my ice castle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41