Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41

Author Topic: Treasure sounds a lot like Treachery - Over, Everybody wins!  (Read 45376 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure sounds a lot like Treachery - Turn Eight
« Reply #270 on: February 02, 2009, 10:42:34 pm »

Crap, messed up Axe v. Spear. Oh well.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 02, 2009, 10:46:14 pm »

My fatigue induced mini-rant has opened a proper can of worms, hasn't it?  ;D
Even the avatars expire eventually.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 02, 2009, 10:47:31 pm »

Can someone get webadict to stop camping me? <_<

Hey, wait a minute...

N N E E, FACE NORTH! No defensive penalty for me now!
Also, can we change weapons between lives?
Fool! I shall still take the chance! AHA! I only have a 20% to fail... Kinda, it's actually about 20% + 10% (20%) = 22% + 1% (20%)... = 22.22% but it's still not as high as it could be!
E S S ATTACK!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 02, 2009, 10:48:12 pm »

The sword comes out better than the spear . . .

That isn't right. At all.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 02, 2009, 10:48:51 pm »

The top row is the attacking weapon, and the right column is the defending weapon. The chances are the probability that the fight will be a failure for the attacker. Yeah, I spent time doing that.
Don't you mean the left column?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 02, 2009, 10:50:05 pm »

The top row is the attacking weapon, and the right column is the defending weapon. The chances are the probability that the fight will be a failure for the attacker. Yeah, I spent time doing that.
Don't you mean the left column?
...Yes... yes, I do...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 02, 2009, 10:54:04 pm »

Look at the defense values.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 02, 2009, 10:59:23 pm »

Look at the defense values.
The Spear has a good defensive capability, followed only by the Hammer.

Also, The Hammer v. Spear is supposed to be 25% for head-on and side-on.

Yes, and the lower the number for the attacker, the better. The higher the defenders number, the better for them.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 02, 2009, 11:00:30 pm »

Hmm, the weapons really do need some balancing. Also I don't really like the idea of having lives, it seems sort of like it is just dragging the game on.
Maybe the sword's attacking bonus should be nerfed, also we really need to give the spear a bit more of an advantage considering it's movement penalty. How about, facing defenses gain an extra bonus but non-facing defenses get a penalty. I feel this makes sense due to the spear being awkward and thus making it difficult for the player to turn and defend.
Also the hammer is a little bit too weak, maybe I should also up the defense on it as well (then again it is the most used weapon so maybe I'm missing something).

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 02, 2009, 11:02:13 pm »

Also, give the crossbow some love.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 02, 2009, 11:08:35 pm »

The hammer is extremely weak, I'll give you that. The good defense sounds much better than it really is.

I think that making a spear have -0 to defend from the front and -3 to defend from both the back and sides would be good. However, it is still extremely effective in both attacking and defending, so making it more powerful might make it simply unbeatably strong.

If we do nerf the sword, I think we should give it 1d4+2. 1d5+1 is too weak for an offensive weapon.

I'm against rule changes in mid-game, though. I recall saying something about hitpoints a while ago. That might work out for the next game with weapons that do different amounts of damage.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 02, 2009, 11:09:14 pm »

Hmm, the weapons really do need some balancing. Also I don't really like the idea of having lives, it seems sort of like it is just dragging the game on.
Maybe the sword's attacking bonus should be nerfed, also we really need to give the spear a bit more of an advantage considering it's movement penalty. How about, facing defenses gain an extra bonus but non-facing defenses get a penalty. I feel this makes sense due to the spear being awkward and thus making it difficult for the player to turn and defend.
Also the hammer is a little bit too weak, maybe I should also up the defense on it as well (then again it is the most used weapon so maybe I'm missing something).
I disagree. I think a lot of the weapons are balanced. The spear itself is the best weapon in the game, combat respective. However, the movement penalty is a bit much. I think the defensive head-on defense getting a bonus isn't really helping it. It needs some way to help this.

I think that the Grate should not slow down the Spear user, though, and the Sword user should be slowed two steps, to make up for it. Good idea?

And the Hammer does need a little bit of a boost, but think of it this way: You're more likely to use the middle value of all the weapons than anything else, since you almost never get to attack anyone in the back.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 02, 2009, 11:10:01 pm »

Don't give the crossbow love!

We all hate it from DF, it's our chance to get back at it!
You'd best make a discision quickly though Fey, if we don't want to allow more extra-lives, you'd best stop me before I stab inaluct.

EDIT for inaluct: You also have to remembr that spear users took a move penalty too!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 02, 2009, 11:15:24 pm »

Don't give the crossbow love!

We all hate it from DF, it's our chance to get back at it!
You'd best make a discision quickly though Fey, if we don't want to allow more extra-lives, you'd best stop me before I stab inaluct.

EDIT for inaluct: You also have to remembr that spear users took a move penalty too!
Crossbows need a way to get better. However, they have a 33% chance of killing on hit, which means at close range, it is the most effective weapon, (especially when paralyzing, since it gets another attack.)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 02, 2009, 11:18:42 pm »

Well, I guess that we have to finish this game up fast, so that we can start anew!

CHARGE! Slowly (darn movement penalty)!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41