Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [MATRIACHY] [PATRIARCHY]  (Read 5814 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: [MATRIACHY] [PATRIARCHY]
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 09:06:00 am »

And after a few years of living under such an unusual leadership system, the peasants will rise up and replace it with a system of plutocracy, thus making everybody feel better.

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 09:57:00 am »

"Plutoarchy": rule by the Overlords of Hades, alternatively, by cartoon dogs of undefined race.
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 11:19:00 am »

I can't really tell if you actually misunderstood what Kagus said or were just being silly, but for the record, a plutocracy is rule by the rich.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 01:03:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by JT:
<STRONG>Eunucharchy actually does sound like an interesting concept for a culture -- figures in a certain voluntary position could be required to forego sex the hard way...</STRONG>

It'd also keep the morons out of office, and if they were a moron, well, we did just remove them from the gene pool.

Pages: 1 2 [3]