Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odd Message: Warning or Bug?  (Read 749 times)

shengii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Odd Message: Warning or Bug?
« on: January 19, 2009, 04:47:06 pm »

One of my dwarves, Mosus Oddomesmul, Miner, started throwing a tantrum then became possessed.
Shortly after, I saw this message:
"OVERWROTE JOB: Strange Mood BY Start Fist Fight"

Mosus is shown as "Starting a fist fight!" when I try to [v]iew, but shows up twice on the [j]ob list, once as Start Fist Fight, and once as Strange Mood.
I couldn't find anything in the forums about it, but I'm not sure whether it's actually a bug.
My game is still paused currently.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Message: Warning or Bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 06:46:29 pm »

Save it, and post it in the bugs forum and upload the save to the Dwarf Fortress File Depot. After you upload the save and back it up on your own computer by copying it to somewhere else, run it and see what happens.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 06:47:40 pm »

"OVERWROTE JOB:"?  In all caps like that?  Sounds like some internal thing Toady never caught.  Definitely a bug, if a minor one.  Post it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 07:02:18 pm »

The [j]ob menu thing isn't a bug.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones