Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Listen up you lazy sods!  (Read 6340 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Listen up you lazy sods!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 10:04:40 pm »

if you drop a single tile of rock down the tube, every magma beast will fall unconscious and drop out of the world, even if they aren't hit. somehow the dust cloud can permeate magma and smash their heads.

wow, how very broken. I'll be sure to try it during my next game. :D

(but wouldn't reccomend it for this story, too much cheating, and fire imp blasts are fun)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 08:18:29 am »

Seth
Male dwarf
Weaponsmith

A tiny stone castle with a magma moat and four caged fire imps as lighting, if possible.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 06:02:20 pm »

*Woos1 I'd like to know more about the shack you want. Do you want your dwarf living there or would you prefer just for when your dwarf fishes. Also I'm thinking I can either dig out your own personal pond out, yay or nay? And finally do you want it to be surrounded by a wall and link to the fort via a personal passage way leading to your room to keep Crazy joe safe from goblins later on or do you want to just him to rely on the stink to keep the goblins away.  ;D
Sorry for not replying for so long.

Crazy joe requires a hole in his cabin to fish through, a personal stockpile of food and ale, and for now no defences are required for old joe's humble cabin. I do not want a stinking personal passageway! AHHHG!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 06:37:05 pm »

I do not want a stinking personal passageway! AHHHG!

With an emphasis on the "stinking" bit. ;)
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 07:06:05 pm »

I do not want a stinking personal passageway! AHHHG!
With an emphasis on the "stinking" bit. ;)
Dont listen my preeties.. they are out to eat you!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 08:59:59 pm »

Wok would be happy to work at mechanicing and the crafting of bone or stone. All he requsts is an amazing tomb to be dug out underneath his room, with a small (forbidden) stockpile underneath, with a couple seeds and a small plot of farm in the tomb. And a lever down there that can seal up his tomb if need be.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 07:44:58 pm »

Wok would be happy to work at mechanicing and the crafting of bone or stone. All he requsts is an amazing tomb to be dug out underneath his room, with a small (forbidden) stockpile underneath, with a couple seeds and a small plot of farm in the tomb. And a lever down there that can seal up his tomb if need be.
Is that ALLL?

Splendiferous

• Bay Watcher
  • Psychotic. Primate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 09:24:37 pm »

and I want a cathedral made entirely of platinum! ;D
*sarcasm*
"He returns once every thousand years! Or if the stars align! Or whenever he's bored."

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 09:43:54 pm »

Is that ALLL?

It's basically what Legolord requests every time he's in a fort and there are no hateful eyes towards him. All I want is a 2x1 plot, a lever attached to the door to my tomb, a barrel of booze, and some seeds.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 10:07:53 pm »

Is that ALLL?
It's basically what Legolord requests every time he's in a fort and there are no hateful eyes towards him. All I want is a 2x1 plot, a lever attached to the door to my tomb, a barrel of booze, and some seeds.
Well I want my shack, so we may have to compromize.

Tell you what, i'l do my fishing in your tomb, and we will share the food.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2009, 11:26:23 pm »

Excellent plan to me. We can survive on our food alone and a perpetual desalinization pump that will feed a well for us. We will survive forever, until such a time as we sit fit to ascend to the surface in the year 2040, where rapidly breeding elves will have killed every other life form. 2 dwarves against 8 billion elves. I'll handle those two on the left.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 12:48:20 am »

Rofl, and you could even have an underground greenhouse so that you could grow an even greater variety of plants! and It could help reduce cave adaption.

unless,of course, you want to just flood the elven empire with a tidal wave of Dwarf Puke.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 05:03:56 pm »

Huh.

This got me wondering about Fallout in DF's world.

"YES! We have finally rea-BLECHHHHHHHHHHH"
Urist, vault 101 member, has drowned.

xpCynic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2009, 01:40:08 am »

Hi there! I haven't posted in a while, but I think I'd like in on this.
For the next migration, give me a gem setter (or, if none are available, mason), and name him Youryst.

Youryst doesn't much like his mother. She was going through an "elfy" phase when she gave birth to him and decided that he needed a different sort of name. Oh, how the other little dwarves would tease him! Having a generally embarrassing sort of family didn't help matters much either. Now, finally, he's ready to get out from under the oppressive roof of his family and find a fortress where he can lay his gems in peace. He only requests an area to be set aside for a statue garden which he can fill with wonderful gem-encrusted statues. (If he's a mason, give him a big front gate monument with a mouth that spouts magma - for defensive purposes.)

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 01:41:05 pm »

Id like a character, I want a peasent named monk! He  (notice the he) has always wanted to be a marksdwarf. all he requests is his oen personal tower made of all some colouful stone, i dont care which (preferably blue) he will live in this tower to always be ready for the goblin atack.
(in his spare time he bone carves(in  his tower))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4