Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Potential future megaproject - waterpark  (Read 834 times)

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
Potential future megaproject - waterpark
« on: January 18, 2009, 10:20:09 pm »

If someone were to pump water to the top z level and pump it down a marble block series of ramps and flat land, and with  two levers on top (one for the slider to pull to shoot water at himself to slide down, and one to reset the water to let someone else slide.

It would be cool and pointless. ;D

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Potential future megaproject - waterpark
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 11:11:05 pm »

Pointless? I think not. Awesome? Yes. Especially if you can come visit it in adventure mode.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:28:46 pm »

It'd be even more awesome if you could weaponise it to drown invaders or nobles.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 11:46:01 pm »

So I cut off all other entrances for the map, leaving a large ramp structure to go up (wagons) and ramps down on the slide, whick leads to the ocean, where there would be a drawbridge thats raised for gobbo/noble and down for migrants.

sounds fun.

shadowedintent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 12:55:11 am »

I am so doing that. You could make your training area/barracks on top of a hill where the reservoir would be with slides going to different locations guided by floodgates and levers so you could scramble your dwarves like fighter jets to anywhere in your base in a flash.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 01:01:02 am »

And rig it to pressure plates that would slide the military to the breached entrance.

ZergSpartan

• Bay Watcher
  • OH GOD BEES
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 04:34:00 am »

I am so doing that. You could make your training area/barracks on top of a hill where the reservoir would be with slides going to different locations guided by floodgates and levers so you could scramble your dwarves like fighter jets to anywhere in your base in a FLUSH.

Fixed it for you.
"Yeah. My plan was to drop some kittens into the siege, and have my dwarves freefall into battle, landing on top of the kittens. The plan was kinda dumb though because the kittens were standing on grates, and the goblins killed them with arrows just as I was releasing the freefalling dwarves. So the dwarves weren't able to land on kittens and just fell and died."

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 04:35:42 am »

Also make a giant toilet where you dump trash in and flush it down to the sewers.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.