Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Imperium Nova (space opera browser game)  (Read 35783 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperium Nova (space opera browser game)
« Reply #315 on: April 26, 2011, 01:10:03 am »

Is there a way to change my title?

Overlord just sounds like I'm trying too hard to be cool.  ::)
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #316 on: April 26, 2011, 01:11:03 am »

Is there a way to change my title?

Overlord just sounds like I'm trying too hard to be cool.  ::)
Once you have finalized your dynasty, no. As far as I know you cannot change it. You could contact the GM I suppose and see if he can change it for you.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 26, 2011, 11:26:18 am »

Vote Xanatos(my house) for emperor! Whoo! Things are really strange in Draco currently.

Treebiter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 27, 2011, 03:15:57 pm »

Vote Xanatos(my house) for emperor! Whoo! Things are really strange in Draco currently.

Strange indeed. Shit's hit the fan of late. (Yeah I'm a DF'er  :D) - Duke Oreth

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 28, 2011, 01:43:14 am »

Oh hiya oreth. Sorry about not accepting you marriage proposal but I'd already worked something out with sevarcos long time ago.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 28, 2011, 01:45:35 am »

But of course the emperor is above the law apparently and repealed their renegade status.

Last Time On The Imperium Nova Space Opera Channel Series

The Emperor of Capricorn has been accused of violating Imperium laws after destroying a Tech House. The Emperor has said that since the Tech House has attacked the Emperor and destroyed one of his facilities, the Emperor has the right to destroy the House.

Opponents argue that the Emperor has gone above and beyond proportiante response, and that the proper thing to do is to destroy a second facility. It is likely the matter will be sent to trial. Servant will be the prosecuter, leading the allegation that the Emperor has violated the "Unwritten Law" by ignoring Feud Score and causing needless chaos. Arguments on the defense argue that the Emperor may have already been punished by being declared a "RENEGADE", and the fact that he was pardoned, by the Emperor, was perfectly legal.

The Unwritten Law must be upheld!
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Treebiter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 28, 2011, 09:09:49 am »

Oh hiya oreth. Sorry about not accepting you marriage proposal but I'd already worked something out with sevarcos long time ago.

No worries. To be honest, I'd happily take any eligable male from a matriarchal house! Still trying to organise something with Vandelhelm  ;)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 30, 2011, 10:08:42 pm »

Man, I am having a grand ol'time warring with Platinum. So much drama, so much roleplaying potential, so much fun!

Wheeee.

So what if I get all my facilities destroyed constantly, the important part is that I am hurting him oh so very much more than he is hurting me. :P

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2011, 08:39:38 am »

Welcome Iiteum

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2011, 09:23:00 pm »

Things have calmed down a bit in Gemini. Platinum's back was broken by the Citadel fleet; Glyph and I have been keeping them from resurfacing. Recently I was convinced to cease hostilities against them. Amusingly Platinum never attempted to negotiate or engage in any sort of diplomacy. Prior to the fighting he just responded with IC threats and OOC insults and barbs, and after he was beaten he just sulked in the OOC forums and ignored all messages we sent. Once he started moaning (for the second time) about having no fun and quitting the game (again) someone decided to pay me off to stop the fighting. The Emperor also saw fit to grant me governorship of Gomeisa again. Interesting times to be sure!

Once I confer a bit with Skaoi I'll coup the world (peacefully). Glyph was finally able to govern his home planet Wezen as well, which goes along with his backstory as a lost colony ship from decades ago. I do love the backstory and world building in this game.

Grantyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 02, 2011, 10:03:11 pm »

I've join Capricorn as the House Marcozzi. Do not impede my progress. Bwaha, and all that. Seriously though. Buy my stuff.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 02, 2011, 10:59:40 pm »

So you used Platinum as a punching bag to force greater players to give you stuff?

No wonder Platinum sulked. I too would consider quitting a game where players act like pampered and brutal feudal lords who have no morals and only care for themselves.  ::)

Keep us updated on the game. It's great to see someone rise from newbie status to beat up the rich and wealthy players. An inspiration to us all!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:01:38 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #327 on: June 02, 2011, 11:06:01 pm »

In Eridanus all we do is have petty political squabbles, because there are too many alliances for wars to start without burning the whole galaxy to the ground. >.>

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #328 on: June 02, 2011, 11:11:09 pm »

So you used Platinum as a punching bag to force greater players to give you stuff?

No wonder Platinum sulked. I too would consider quitting a game where players act like pampered and brutal feudal lords who have no morals and only care for themselves.  ::)

Keep us updated on the game. It's great to see someone rise from newbie status to beat up the rich and wealthy players. An inspiration to us all!

Not exactly. Platinum decided to go claiming worlds just because he happened to have explored them and placed silly demands on the houses operating there. They then started beating up on a new house pretty badly (glyph) because he tried to roleplay, and began hurling OOC insults at both of us. We didn't have the forces on hand to contest them but we tried anyway because why not. Later on Platinum made a complete idiot of himself by assassinating someone in cold blood in a grisly fashion. That someone happened to be the house in charge of the military arm of the Citadel empire, which promptly blew the shit out of them.

The end result of this whole debacle is that I got a planet and a lot of war funding, Platinum got ganked, and and Vulo is sitting pretty with his own homeworld intact.

It worked out alright but it was a close thing. It would have gone much better for Platinum if they were willing to do any negotiation or diplomacy, and didn't respond to every peace message with OOC insults and IC threats. It took another unrelated house to step in for them and pay me off before he could recover and stop whining about the fate he brought on himself.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2011, 10:04:07 pm »

Eridanus has an anonymous pamphleteer now, writing 'The Feudalist Papers' under the pseudonym 'Procus'. I like it.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23