Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Imperium Nova (space opera browser game)  (Read 35842 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Imperium Nova (space opera browser game)
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2011, 12:23:21 pm »

Hmm, I'd probably lose my budding transport network on the move though, since the planets they're on don't exist in Gemini.

I guess restarting wouldn't be the end of the world.

I wish they'd just let you pick from a list of galaxies. What kinda goofball game doesn't let you choose which galaxy you want to play in?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:25:34 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 12:30:28 pm »

I wish they'd just let you pick from a list of galaxies. What kinda goofball game doesn't let you choose which galaxy you want to play in?
So friends don't bring in friends to dominatemake the galaxy boring by collectively working together and clamping down on independent player actions.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2011, 12:58:44 pm »

I thought playing with friends was one of the main things to do in an online game. ???

Wheres the fun in getting into a game like this and never playing with friends or collectively working together?
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2011, 01:34:29 pm »

I thought playing with friends was one of the main things to do in an online game. ???

Wheres the fun in getting into a game like this and never playing with friends or collectively working together?
It may be fun for you/B12, where you can collectively gang up on players who are not as strongly connected to each other in OOC as you/B12 is.

For one, I'm an independent house and I have reasons to work with and against all the other houses that I deal with. 
Depending on the issue and what gains or losses there is for my house and the agenda....

Try out battlemaster.org if you are looking more at the we are OOC friends working together side of things. 
Though, admittedly, Colonies have become pretty stagnate because 1 block alliance picked off the majority of independent nations 1 by 1...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2011, 04:25:47 am »

As I understand it's also an anti-cheating measure so you can't make yourself 3 empires in a new galaxy or something.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2011, 05:39:47 am »

Hmm, I'd probably lose my budding transport network on the move though, since the planets they're on don't exist in Gemini.

I guess restarting wouldn't be the end of the world.

You can easily get it up and running here in Gemini, although from what I understand from Forsaken transportation is saturated, at least around our part of the galaxy.
But there's a lot of friendly big houses who will give you lots of monies to get things started, so you should be able to go into whatever business you please

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2011, 07:48:03 am »

Well I made an account and I'm at Draco. My house is named Wings.

Also I didn't get into the forums or anything, I may take a better look at this tomorrow.
If anyone's around there, tell meh :)

I'm Xanatos over there in Draco, I'll send you some cash.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2011, 03:29:59 pm »

Also I didn't get into the forums or anything, I may take a better look at this tomorrow.

O hai! I saw your message & gift, thanks a lot! :)
Someone also randomly sent me money, I will say thanks to both houses in galactic forums.
Also, if there's anyway I can help you out, tell me :D I'm setting trade routes and getting used to the game, but it's working out I guess...
Despite the fact that I may have gone bankrupt if no one sent me money, due to misunderstanding the construction page.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2011, 04:35:21 pm »

Looks like the site is down. :(

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2011, 05:07:00 pm »

Looks like the site is down. :(
Was wondering about that.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2011, 11:08:29 pm »

Seems to be up again.

O hai! I saw your message & gift, thanks a lot! :)
Someone also randomly sent me money, I will say thanks to both houses in galactic forums.
Also, if there's anyway I can help you out, tell me :D I'm setting trade routes and getting used to the game, but it's working out I guess...
Despite the fact that I may have gone bankrupt if no one sent me money, due to misunderstanding the construction page.

I'd suggest decommisions the military company you started with, setting the security of all your dynasty members to none and settign your technology budget to none to save on costs until you can afford them. Also, ask some of the bigger houses for money.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2011, 12:05:53 am »

Yeah, if you can't get any handouts go through and wipe out all discretionary spending. Security, tech, etc. You should be able to get a positive cashflow with a few good facility placements after that.

Agriculture is by far the easiest start. You are guaranteed profit from the subsidy until you get above a certain status threshold.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2011, 12:01:01 am »

I've open a galaxy, and trying to figure out this game. Seems neat.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

LordZarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2011, 12:57:25 am »

This thread has miraculously revivified! I joined Imperium Nova a few months ago, and really enjoy the game. I've managed to claw my way, sometimes quietly, and sometimes loudly, up to the top of my galaxy, even though the galaxy was open for a good six months before I joined.

If you're thinking of joining, keep trying. I've never heard of the waiting list before, but you should get in soon if you try every couple days.

If you happen to end up in my galaxy, contact me and I'd be happy to help you out.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 08:03:05 pm by LordZarth »

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2011, 01:11:29 am »

I'm in the Baade galaxy myself. Not sure what the heck I'm doing.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23