Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: A.D.A.B.; The Succession Wars {crash2455 wins by default}  (Read 6150 times)

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A.D.A.B.; The Succession Wars {Game thread}
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2009, 08:00:06 pm »

Well, judging by crash's story and my own turn, looks like my next turn is going to be interesting. I just hope the grimelings don't try and seige me like they did in my turn. Though if they do turn up en-masse again will deffintly make things interesting for me and possibly the next person depending on how things go.

Been hoping to continue this, as been wanting to play with and add to other people's forts for a while now. Hoping to pick up some fresh ideas that I might not of come up with thanks to habits I may have developed.

And Crash, a word of warning bout my fort since you are getting it, keep an eye on the woodcutter... he is in a near tantrum state, and the slightest thing could set him off again.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2009, 11:41:18 pm »

Oh no, Bob and Xognan XD

This is gonna be great!

*hops around waiting on the save*
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2009, 12:23:54 am »

Are we still doing 6-month turns from this point on, or 1-year turns all the time?
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

OneMoreNameless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 06:06:49 am »

Well, the results were in and this round's results were ... interesting. The challenge (for those of you who seem to have forgotten) was to end the year with the highest average quality for your dwarves. Haven did well, with mostly Great Quarters for the weary dwarves. Haika had more dwarves to contend with, and ended up with a fairly rough night's sleep for most. Hawk, uh. Let's just say the ground isn't an comfortable as you seem to think it is. :P Lastly Crash, who managed to give every dwarf at least Fine Quarters, with half of them snoozing away in Grand Quarters. Well done!

Thus, the current point totals are ...

Crash2455: 3
Haven: 2
Haika: 1
Hawklaser: 0

After some thought, and seeing the forts after one year, I have decided it will be best to allow EVERY ROUND to run for ONE FULL YEAR. I'll be updating the first post shortly, then sending the new saves out.

Remember, the challenge for round two is to end the year with the highest total food stores, and the first bonus points will be awarded for the fastest turn completion!

OneMoreNameless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2009, 06:23:50 am »

Alright, done. Tell me if I fucked anything up. ;)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2009, 04:48:20 pm »

Round 2!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2009, 08:43:07 pm »

I didn't forget about the challenge, I just felt getting down into stone was a bit more important to set things up for my teammates at the time I ran that, and when I did have access to stone... well things got a lot more interesting.

And with it now being every dwarf for themselfs, will be doing things a bit differently.

As for the food stockpile that should be easy to build up, with a few able boddied dwarfs.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2009, 11:51:12 pm »

If all goes according to plan, I should have a post by tomorrow afternoon.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009, 12:54:15 am »

Round 2 is done for me.

I hate to say, the grimelings love me, and resulted in a few deaths... and one that was rather unfortunate.

Will add some details by the weekend, want a little time to try and make things a lil more interesting.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 09:10:27 am »

You didn't kill off Jessica or Xognan, did you?

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2009, 12:58:28 pm »

Hm... Yeh. I hate to be an idiot here, but where is it I can find the save file I need?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2009, 07:02:25 pm »

OneMoreNameless should have emailed it to you.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2009, 09:08:17 pm »

Okay, after receiving someone else's fort and not knowing what to do, I decided to note the shit out of it this time.  Granted, it's easy enough to navigate at this point, but it might help.

Bear with the somewhat lackluster writing, I just wasn't feeling it today.  Consider the end to be more of a highlight reel.

Much like Haika, I was surprised by how different Hawklaser's fort is than my own, and that he found a non-magma way to get past the aquifer.  It was definitely cleaner looking.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 09:29:29 pm by crash2455 »

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2009, 09:43:07 pm »

Ok, here is the first part of the write up for my turn. Hope you like it, as much as I have enjoyed writing it, the next part will move faster as this covers most of spring, as spring and late winter is when things were the most interesting. More will come tommorrow as don't have time to add more to it tonight.

Oh, and as a note on the odd pump crash found, that was actualy to turn the area inbetween the 2 wooden walls into a combination moat/well. Will be interesting to see what my fort will look like when it gets back to me.

-Also, playing crash's fort was a fun experiance for me as well, had to keep using the building list feature to find where the various workshops were, as compared to how I usualy cluster my workshops in one area for ease of access and knowing where they are, crash's were spread all over the place. Which is part of why I don't use a lot of notes, except for when I have lots of switches.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 09:49:12 pm by Hawklaser »

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2009, 01:48:08 am »

And Crash, a word of warning bout my fort since you are getting it, keep an eye on the woodcutter... he is in a near tantrum state, and the slightest thing could set him off again.

I noticed no real problems with the woodcutter, but the wounded mechanic sleeping in the trade depot was damn near throwing a tantrum (and probably would if he didn't have 3 mangled limbs)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6