Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 3 Suggestions + Queggestion  (Read 1236 times)

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
3 Suggestions + Queggestion
« on: November 02, 2007, 10:20:00 pm »

okay, suggestions first.

1) This is long-term, if at all.  Basically, if you were to define lots of jail cells (1 chain in a sealed room + 1 door), you could enter into a deal where you take prisoners for yearly payments in whatever, and you could theoretically make a 'Prison Outposot,' instead of any other kind of outpost.

2) Rotation sensors - e.g. you hook it up to a mechanism, and whne it turns it sends a trigger activate message as if you'd pulled a level, and when it stops it sends a level-pull-back event thing.

3) make it so you can build grates off of grates,  e.g.

code:
++++++
+    +
+####+
+    +
++++++

Currently, you wouldn't be able to build those two center grates, which makes no sense to me.

Now the Queggestion (Question/Suggestion)

I heard something about changing coolours of gem windows or something with mechanics of some sort.  Is there anything like this, and could I technically use this to have a Gem window change between two colours based, say, on the state of a lever or pressure plate?

If not, I would like to make the suggestion that this be possible.  With the advent of Z-levels, being able to view in one glance the status of multiple water levels, whether a specific axle system is spinning (see above), etc. would be a lot better than having to view each section individually.

<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Suggestions + Queggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 12:04:00 am »

Grates are not meant to act like bridges, just so you know. They're meant to be impossible to place when they're surrounded by empty space.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 01:05:00 am »

Yeah, but it just makes sense that you could have grated bridges.  Besides, it just looks cooler as well :P
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Felix the Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 03:58:00 am »

Think of grates as a manhole + bars over it rather than as a large area of corrugated metal.