Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grudges  (Read 702 times)

Cypress

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Snarker
    • View Profile
Grudges
« on: January 17, 2009, 06:57:25 am »

Well, I got my first grudge, between a miner and a crafter. I suppose it won't hurt too much, but I'm really wondering if there's a way to fix it? Or will it get better? Or will I have to segregate those two?
The Dwarf Fortress Forums: Where we know all about tragedies. Because they are FUN.
Quote from: kinseti
If this all doesn't fix it, your dwarfs are lazy. Apply magma.

ZergSpartan

• Bay Watcher
  • OH GOD BEES
    • View Profile
Re: Grudges
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 06:59:15 am »

Use magma, lots of magma.
"Yeah. My plan was to drop some kittens into the siege, and have my dwarves freefall into battle, landing on top of the kittens. The plan was kinda dumb though because the kittens were standing on grates, and the goblins killed them with arrows just as I was releasing the freefalling dwarves. So the dwarves weren't able to land on kittens and just fell and died."

Cypress

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Snarker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 07:08:00 am »

They're one of my original 7. I don't want to kill them.
The Dwarf Fortress Forums: Where we know all about tragedies. Because they are FUN.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 07:10:22 am »

Grudges are cool.

Even more so, grudges are very rare. So cherish you dwarves' grudge, and make sure they see a lot of each other.

Grudges are also a sign that you have a bunch of not-so-happy dwarves around. At least, as far as I know, grudges only form with unhappy dwarves.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Cypress

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Snarker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 07:12:33 am »

Weird...they haven't had time to get pissed...they must have spawned like that...weird...

galmud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 07:29:11 am »

I rarely get grudges. Usually just 2-3 in a 150-200 pop fort. Except in my current game where one of my original 7 formed 2 grudges in the first year and she is now up to 6. And I know theres another dwarf with 3 or 4 grudges.

I like it :) Dwarves are way too friendly. Hopefully in future versions there will be more conflicts not only between individual dwarves but also between groups and families

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 08:49:29 am »

I've seen an entire group of 7 starting dwarves all spawn with grudges before against at least one other person, sometimes 2.