Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: demons, forces and deitis  (Read 1496 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
demons, forces and deitis
« on: January 17, 2009, 06:14:37 am »

hey there i tried to mod in darkelves and some christianlike humans... but their religion just dont work out it seems
however i also got darkdwarfs and orcs, both with a pantheon working just fine

drow entity raw
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

human enity raw

but after regeneration i get something like this:
Code: [Select]
The Swords of Parity, Drows
 Ruler List
  [*] Rili Sprayedcrushed (b.??? d. 5, Reign Began: 1), *** Original Line, Married
      3 Children -- Ages at death: 4 3 2
  [*] Paląthi Boltfloors (b.???, Reign Began: 6), *** New Line, Married
      8 Children -- Ages: 199 198 197 194 127 125 114 70
The Ancient Deceiver, Darkdwarves
no worship list here

but even funnier the holy humans:
Code: [Select]
The Amazing Holiness, Humans
 Ruler List
The Cruelties of Death, Goblins
i neither get rulers (however the civ is existing and got some citys), nor the holy force deitie

so what have i done wrong? :(

EDIT:
ok found the error with the humans: made regional_power instead of regional_force and there is no holy sphere, made it light and discipline :>
whoevere i still dont get a ruler (and i just copied the original humans!) and the force is always nature and river orientated even my sphere alignment says something different :(
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 06:25:31 am by Rhenaya »
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: demons, forces and deitis
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 03:15:16 pm »

Add some [RELIGION_SPHERE:?] tags. [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:?] is used more for if you have multiple [RELIGION_SPHERE:?] tags to fine tune the balance or to help with choosing a [POWER] leader. For example, I created a paladin race and they have

This means that they will pick gods that are aligned with the Balance, Courage, Discipline, Justice, Laws, Light, Loyalty, Order, Rulership, Sacrifice, Strength, Truth, Valor, and Wisdom. But they will favor gods that are also aligned with Balance, Justice, Laws, Light, and Loyalty. They will also not favor gods that are aligned with Chaos, Darkness, Forgiveness, and Mercy. One last thing to remember is that the [RELIGION_SPHERE:?] tag automatically eliminates gods of the spheres opposite to the ones chosen.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 07:39:23 pm »

Add some [RELIGION_SPHERE:?] tags. [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:?] is used more for if you have multiple [RELIGION_SPHERE:?] tags to fine tune the balance or to help with choosing a [POWER] leader.

well the problem is my darkelves never get any demon, and the rginal force is alway river/nature (not light and duty and stuff)

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 09:32:52 pm »

Nice to know I'm not the only one modding in dark elves. Here's a set of religion spheres that worked for me:

They only had one sphere in common with demons (TORTURE) but as long as you don't give them spheres that conflict with those of the demon's you should end up with some demon leaders. Also, if you can always add in more POWER creatures with different spheres if you want to make it more interesting. I would recommend setting your humans to worship a pantheon. If you set them to worship POWER creatures, you might end up with them being ruled over by a demon, and if you set them to worship a regional force, then you get them worshiping a stream or the like. Hope that helped.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 11:56:55 pm »

ok the drow get now their demons ^^

but now i still want to get the desert humans to just believe in one deity focused on light and discipline... also they still dont get rulers :(

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 12:03:01 am »

This is what the dwarves have in their entity file:

(Normal) elves use this:

This one is used by humans and goblins:

And as to your other question, as far as I know, there is no way to have monotheistic religions not focused around a megabeast, sorry.

Hope that helps.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 12:04:55 am by catoblepas »

XD!

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling modder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 12:58:56 am »

Then their is the problem adding a god megabeast.

Son(daughter) of god megabeast maybe, since it will be more than one civ.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 02:07:54 am »

Then their is the problem adding a god megabeast.

Son(daughter) of god megabeast maybe, since it will be more than one civ.

One does not simply asexually reproduce.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 02:41:00 am »

Correct. From my experience, megabeasts never reproduce, sexually or otherwise, so a civilization can never have more than one megabeast as a member.