Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I HATE GOBLINS!  (Read 2354 times)

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I HATE GOBLINS!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 09:35:30 pm »

I tend to turn invasions off for the first few years.  I have always viewed it as word has to get to the goblins and they have to get to us.  4-5 years invasions gets turned back on.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

detinith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 10:26:19 pm »

i just dig a ditch around my down-stairway in the beginning, build a bridge, and keep it up at all times except during caravans.
i found that i don't really care about ambushes or sieges :P

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 11:18:39 am »

Hello!

Thank you for the support.

Actually, I was always reluctant about turning invaders off as it felt kind of wrong/cheating. But given that now that I am looking for it I can't get a world without goblins genned, I guess it is easier to simply do that.

I just hope the elves are not pissed about no longer getting large supplies of masks, leather boots, whips, and expensive underwear - and don't forget the dirty socks :) :) :) :)

Detinith: I have found bridges and other triggered systems to be quite unreliable and hazardous. Thus, I have decided to keep away from them (I guess they work fine if you have a lot of dwarves and then a lot of idlers).

Veroule: I think I will stick to having them turned off the entire time.

Fossaman: Usually, I am also like that about my dwarves, but with this fortress, because of all the disappointments, I guess, I have a far more distanced relationship to its people.

Anyhow, I have decided to dedicate my next fortress to colored aesthetics, so I first printed the wiki pages on stones, metals, and gems (I wish you could see the colors in the material selection menus (T_T) ). White bungalows with red roofs at green streets, blue streets around the office buildings (grey and glass dominating), yellow streets going to the artisan workshops,... and so on.

Again, thank you all for your interest and support.

Deathworks
Pages: 1 [2]