Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible?  (Read 677 times)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Is it possible?
« on: January 15, 2009, 07:49:33 pm »

Just curious.... Is it possible to make a plant that spreads quickly and kills dwarfs that tread on it?
"Deathweed" ;D

Orange Drink

Re: Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 07:58:31 pm »

not that i know of. there is no way you can make a plant explode in a fireball or freezing cloud of death, which ever take your fancy.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 08:01:09 pm »

not that i know of. there is no way you can make a plant explode in a fireball or freezing cloud of death, which ever take your fancy.

Who said anything about explosives? I was thinking that it would deal an amount of piercing damage. Severely wounding or killing whoever is adjacent or on top of it

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 09:29:35 pm »

You could create a nearly-immobile creature that "spreads" by giving birth, but I can't think of a way to make a truly stationary object (since it would be hard to get it on the map to begin with, plus the babies would be born on the same tile?

There isn't any way to make plants take any actions.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 12:46:08 am »

What would be really interesting is to make a creature that bleeds seed/fertilzer so any square it's blood hits would sprout flowers :D
A new way to make elves even more hippy like, not to mention you could tell where there was an intense battle where many elves died, because there would be a huge field of flowers, strewn with elf bones.
: D
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog