Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Taiheiyou no Arashi  (Read 5782 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taiheiyou no Arashi
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 12:22:34 am »

They have green Ketchup at Burger King in Toronto!  Also, everything is made of bricks!

Including your stool!

Or at least that is what I heard... I never eaten Burger King

Also interestingly enough... the French Toast at the Pickle Barrel are like bricks! I never had French toast blocks before.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 12:28:20 am by Neonivek »

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2009, 01:00:21 am »

They have green Ketchup at Burger King in Toronto!  Also, everything is made of bricks!

There's a tower in Toronto that controls people's minds!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 01:04:05 am »

Uhh not exactly... It activates the Flouride compound put there by dentists which in turn controls people's minds.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 01:22:45 am »

Uhh not exactly... It activates the Flouride compound put there by dentists which in turn controls people's minds.

Of course, none of this would be possible without the nanobots they put in the flu shots.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 01:24:48 am »

Of course, none of this would be possible without the nanobots they put in the flu shots.

Who needs nanobots when they have good old fashion mercury! (The sad part is it isn't a joke)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 02:47:34 am »

Back to WW2, I hate it how most Americans act like they single handedly won the war, even though it was the Eastern Front that broke Wehrmacht's teeth.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 05:34:02 am »

Malta
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 06:21:14 am »

Including your stool!

They shit bricks?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 10:24:25 am »

I remember yesterday listening to an American politician giving a speech about how America is the birth place of democracy, and must for this reason protect it.

Yet when you go to France, they tell you about how it was the birth place of democracy, because it was the first country to overthrow it's king and put in a truly, democratic government, that then began to oppress people.

Then go to Britain, they'll tell you they're the birthplace of democracy, because it was the first major power in the middle ages to put in place rights, and have something that even remotely resembles a democratic system.

Then go to Greece, they'll tell you they're most definitely the birthplace of democracy, because two thousand years ago there was the first significant democratic republic, which collapsed.

Where does America actually fit into that picture?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 11:52:08 am »

That is indeed odd, because America is a Constitutional Republic.

I got to agree with the Greeks on this, they started the first bits of democracy. America just has the most advanced and most successful incarnation of it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 12:26:55 pm »

That is indeed odd, because America is a Constitutional Republic.

I got to agree with the Greeks on this, they started the first bits of democracy. America just has the most advanced and most successful incarnation of it.

democracy as a government of the people, by the people, and not the greek literal everybody (that's every adult male landholder) gets together and snoutcounts.  There's two connotations of democracy these days (even if there's only one denotation)

But yeah, I agree with you.

Who needs nanobots when they have good old fashion mercury! (The sad part is it isn't a joke)

sorta but not really.  There were (past tense) mercury compounds in vaccine, but it wasn't really proven to be harmful.  (Same way sodium is explosive and chlorine is poisonous, but we need salt to live.)

There's a lot of people that claim that mercury based vaccines cause autism and other mental defects, and thats why people stopped using them, but there was never anything conclusive.

Besides, a 1 in 10000 autism rate increase is way better than a 1 in 100 death by measles, mumps or rubella...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 02:17:15 pm »

I remember yesterday listening to an American politician giving a speech about how America is the birth place of democracy, and must for this reason protect it.

Yet when you go to France, they tell you about how it was the birth place of democracy, because it was the first country to overthrow it's king and put in a truly, democratic government, that then began to oppress people.

Then go to Britain, they'll tell you they're the birthplace of democracy, because it was the first major power in the middle ages to put in place rights, and have something that even remotely resembles a democratic system.

Then go to Greece, they'll tell you they're most definitely the birthplace of democracy, because two thousand years ago there was the first significant democratic republic, which collapsed.

Where does America actually fit into that picture?

And what about Rome, who invented the idea of a Republic (Represenative Democracy), you know, because people believe direct democracy doesn't always work?

Or Venice and other Italian city-states, who adopted republican rule while it was unpopular?

Or the United Kingdom, which actually had a Parlimentary-based system that the US just copied?

Meh. What the US did was create a Republic with the balance of power between the major branches, in order to make sure not one branch dominate over the other, and the establishment of federalism so as to allow for each state having broad autonomy. The Legalistve, Executive, and Judical System keep each other in check, so as to prevent one side from dominating, while each State have certain "rights" over its citizens. That's its contribution.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 02:18:49 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 05:46:18 pm »

"There's a lot of people that claim that mercury based vaccines cause autism and other mental defects, and thats why people stopped using them, but there was never anything conclusive"

I am in the "It shocks your immune system" boat... though using vaccines in it of themselves have their own problems so take that as you will.

"Besides, a 1 in 10000 autism rate increase is way better than a 1 in 100 death by measles, mumps or rubella"

I agree... but when it starts being used for "Common as dirt" shots that you may end up getting once or twice a year... then there is a problem.

I really should keep up to date with the whole "Flu Shot" thing... Last I checked (years ago) it was being abused.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:01:20 pm by Neonivek »

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 08:45:25 pm »

sorta but not really.  There were (past tense) mercury compounds in vaccine, but it wasn't really proven to be harmful.  (Same way sodium is explosive and chlorine is poisonous, but we need salt to live.)
Salt is not a simple mixture of sodium and chlorine. A chemical reaction must take place for those two chemicals to become sodium chloride. Injecting mercury into your veins, no matter what else is mixed with it, isn't really a good idea.
Besides, a 1 in 10000 autism rate increase is way better than a 1 in 100 death by measles, mumps or rubella...
Those figures are too even to be real.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 08:52:12 pm »

Especially since Mercury isn't neccisary for vaccines apperantly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5