Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Taiheiyou no Arashi  (Read 5795 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taiheiyou no Arashi
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 08:18:47 pm »

There is a free PC single-player game where you get to videotape Japanese war crimes.

Of course, that videogame was made by the Chinese Communist Party, so your milage may vary, but hey.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 08:28:08 pm »

There is a free PC single-player game where you get to videotape Japanese war crimes.

Of course, that videogame was made by the Chinese Communist Party, so your milage may vary, but hey.

The world is going to become wierd once China becomes the sole super power.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 09:02:36 pm »

What makes you think that is going to happen?

I wonder if the French media protrays France saving other nations from the Nazis.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 09:20:16 pm »

What makes you think that is going to happen?

I wonder if the French media protrays France saving other nations from the Nazis.

The answer is actually... interestingly enough... Yes!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 09:54:10 pm »

No matter where you are, people will take what they can get and inflate it until it's large enough to suit their needs. No matter where you are, they'll find heroes where there are none.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 09:56:13 pm »

No matter where you are, people will take what they can get and inflate it until it's large enough to suit their needs. No matter where you are, they'll find heroes where there are none.

Yep even Canada who took their one amazing victory in WW2 and inflated it to near godlike importance... (even if they invented new concepts for the military).

The reality of the situation was that the location was unimportant. Canada credits that one victory as the reason the world considers Canada a country.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 10:37:55 pm »

Yep even Canada who took their one amazing victory in WW2 and inflated it to near godlike importance... (even if they invented new concepts for the military).

The reality of the situation was that the location was unimportant. Canada credits that one victory as the reason the world considers Canada a country.

A serious country anyway. Even then, only a technicality.

I kid I kid.

But it seems only really America has a large group of people that can and will say "You SUCK! You SUCKED then you bastard! Everything you did is horrible! I hope we all burn for the horrors we did!"

Whereas other countries will not have any of that and send you away, or just cut off your communications.

For as we all know, an Americans greatest enemy is other Americans.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009, 10:47:32 pm »

Actually, throughout my studies of Canadian history, I've never really seen Canada really, truly boast about its victories. Sure, it tells of them with pride, but nowhere near the level that other countries do.

For example, while battles that the US took part in may get a few pages in American texts, Canadian battles only get say... a paragraph in Canadian texts.

Canadians are quite strangely humble.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009, 10:50:09 pm »

They only have enough military experience to fill a paragraph, that's why you dolt!

I kid again, as non-America jokes are always refreshing.

I suppose we would have to listen to a Canadian here to know just how much their government praises their military importance.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 10:52:11 pm »

Actually, throughout my studies of Canadian history, I've never really seen Canada really, truly boast about its victories. Sure, it tells of them with pride, but nowhere near the level that other countries do.

For example, while battles that the US took part in may get a few pages in American texts, Canadian battles only get say... a paragraph in Canadian texts.

Canadians are quite strangely humble.

True, Canada never even pretends that it was all that important in the war.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2009, 10:57:01 pm »

I'm doing my degree in Canada and I had around 5 months of grade 12 here in Alberta. Does that count?

Strangely enough, Canada has seen a lot more conflict than most other countries. If in terms of wars, peacekeeping efforts and the like, it's even seen more than the US. While of course, they can't field as much forces as their bigger, meaner neighbour, they do also have a higher success rate and a better reputation.

Whether that's a statistical thing or not is really up to you to decide.

I think it's really strange for a country everyone seems to think is comprised of morons and goodniks. It's like they're a secret sect of bloodthirsty monsters hiding inside the shells of well-mannered Clark Kents.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 11:02:00 pm »

Well, it's hard not to look not bloodthirsty when the United States is right next to you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2009, 11:05:13 pm »

I take offense at that. We send the most aid of any country in the world. Aid to where? EVERYWHERE.

We just like to nail down our old but not forgotten motto, "Don't tread on us."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 11:06:51 pm »

"I think it's really strange for a country everyone seems to think is comprised of morons and goodniks. It's like they're a secret sect of bloodthirsty monsters hiding inside the shells of well-mannered Clark Kents."

Alright... I knew some people think we are a country of "Eskimos" and igloos, but morons? wow

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 12:13:49 am »

They have green Ketchup at Burger King in Toronto!  Also, everything is made of bricks!
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5