Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Small creature caging  (Read 1454 times)

Yat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Small creature caging
« on: December 30, 2006, 01:49:00 pm »

I have plenty of ponds and aquariums habited by various fish and a cage packed with purring maggots, however unlike the cows and horses that are caged the turtles fish and maggots don't have that yellow [C] beside their name which makes it difficult to manage them if you have multiple ponds or otherwise. Anything that can be done just to have a tag that the creature is confined somewhere?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Small creature caging
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 05:40:00 pm »

Do you mean something that distinguishes if an small animal is in a pond, cage or animal trap?  I don't remember if your small animals can run free at all.  They aren't like the regular units.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

OldMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 10:11:00 pm »

Once a farmer finishes a milking job, he always drops the purring maggot to the floor, near as I can tell.  The same thing happens if a dwarf is doing a "cage small animal" job, is hauling the thing, and then gets hungry.  Unfortunately, dropped small animals like this can get swatted by passing kittens rather easily.  Poor little maggots.  You two should be friends!  You both purrrr!!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 12:05:00 am »

I suppose there should be roaring maggots as well.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Lord Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 07:01:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>I suppose there should be roaring maggots as well.</STRONG>

Elaborate, O great Toady. Will they come from the magma? Create noise that would kill an average dwarf from a distance of three feet? Would we be able put them in traps?

he Dwarf Fortress Blog is now up and running, albeit ugly and empty. Do your part, and email stories, worlds, and mod files to dasuberalt@yahoo.com

I''ll put it up on the blog, and give you credit.

http://dwarffortressblog.blogspot.com/

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 01:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Blue:
<STRONG>

Elaborate, O great Toady. Will they come from the magma? Create noise that would kill an average dwarf from a distance of three feet? Would we be able put them in traps?</STRONG>

Nah, but if your map has Lions, they will instantly path through your workshops, dining halls and trade depots in order to kill the poor critters.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 06:21:00 pm »

except that theyre the scale of purple worms, and create new tunnels through the rock.

roaring maggots are probably best left until rewalling and z-axis' are in.