Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Author Topic: RantingRodent's Graphical Overhaul [40d] - [New thread to be opened for 0.31]  (Read 123651 times)

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, that's very clever - the hamfish. I might have to work that up myself...

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just post here to inform that I dared to use your mod as a base version for my modification:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=48538.0
which is supposed to be a "proper vanilla" version for me, with all minor fixes like cat mouth bug fix and additional attacks and proper bodies (i.e. no more two lungs+heart pierced with 1 strike), also more dangerous dragons and hydra (nopain for them; also hydra has no eyes and only one "real" brain out of 7).
*gasp* scandal.

Awesome. Thanks for choosing my mod. Encouragement leads to progress :)
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tile 224, fish, is also used for meat. Don't know if there's a way around this, but for some reason the bulging, blockier version of the fish worked better as meat for me than the sleek new one....<snip>

Missed your response until just now.

Tile 224 can probably be just meat, for me, since all fish have been mapped to graphics sprites, even if they don't all have unique images yet. At least, they're supposed to be. I'll fix it up for the next release.

With a heavy graphics set, I think that iconic engravings look kind of silly no matter what you do, so I'm not really very motivated to try to salvage them. I'll put a lot into them if Toady ever lets us pull engravings from their own tiles, but until then they are in the same bin as accented characters, for me. The game is not flexible enough to support that feature with graphics at this point.

My plan for the stone tiles is to do some fancy things with alpha, yes. However I am not comfortable switching to the 40d# versions yet; they still have too many issues. Until then, some materials will continue to look funny. There shouldn't be anything left with a 7 background, I thought I got rid of them all. I'll review again.

The bridges thing bothers me as well, but I just deal with it. I'll ensure that the overhead-view walls option look good as bridges as well for those that can't stand it.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

Tile 224, fish, is also used for meat. Don't know if there's a way around this, but for some reason the bulging, blockier version of the fish worked better as meat for me than the sleek new one....<snip>

Missed your response until just now.

Tile 224 can probably be just meat, for me, since all fish have been mapped to graphics sprites,
The issue is, does that work on the raw/prepared versions as well as the creature?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile

The version I'm using (an admittedly heavily modified copy of one of your old versions) doesn't work too badly with engravings, and the dwarves standing up look just fine. I think I'll just mod the standing up bit in myself whenever I download a new version. Alternately, I'll use my copy with snippets from new versions.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I took a shot at doing the rare North American Hamfish

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The version I'm using (an admittedly heavily modified copy of one of your old versions) doesn't work too badly with engravings, and the dwarves standing up look just fine. I think I'll just mod the standing up bit in myself whenever I download a new version. Alternately, I'll use my copy with snippets from new versions.

You'll want to move the pile of bones from where you have it, then. That tile is used in ballistae. I moved the bones to the very last tile in my latest version.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I took a shot at doing the rare North American Hamfish

Looks great! :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile

looks great.Tried it but my resolution is a bit stuffy because of the size of the tile sets but changed it and i can see like 1/6 of the map.I can see half my fortress without moving.Definitely a keeper,Good job.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile

You'll want to move the pile of bones from where you have it, then. That tile is used in ballistae. I moved the bones to the very last tile in my latest version.

Thanks, I'll do that. I've never used ballistae, but I might one day.
Truth be told, I don't really use that corpse tile anyway.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 05:33:12 am by Eagle0600 »
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

bfitzge

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I installed this pack, and now my game wont fullscreen anymore.
"Mode Switch Failed. Running in Windowed mode."

It's quite frustrating to play so small on a 22 inch monitor.

I tried the pre-installed version also, and get the same result. Game works perfect, fullscreen does not.

Any ideas? I really want graphics, but I can't stand to play windowed without being inches from the screen.

Thanks.

Edit:

Also would like to report that initally when the game loaded up, as soon as I hit an arrow key to move down the main menu, the highlight would cycle through the menu infinitely as if the arrow key were held down.
If you have this problem try changing this, it fixed mine:

In init.txt, change to this:
[PARTIAL_PRINT:NO:2]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:52:11 pm by bfitzge »

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mode switch failed usually indicates that the screen resolution chosen for full screen is not supported by your monitor or video card. What display resolution do you use?

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile

I just read on the wiki that shrub tiles are customisable.
[SHRUB_TILE:x], [SHRUB_COLOR:x:x:x], [DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:x], and [DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:x:x:x].

None of the default plants have these tags and so use the default (tile ", colours 2:0:0 and 6:0:0).

But if [SHRUB_TILE:] and [DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:] were used, we could have normal quotes back.

edit:
After testing, it appears that [DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:] doesn't work, and dead shrubs use the same tile as live ones. Can anyone else confirm this.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 03:12:21 am by Eagle0600 »

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shrub tile works? Awesome.

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I appreciate what you've done here with this mod. I just have a question. Is there any particular change made to make elves more powerful? It seems like every dwarven civilization i run into is ran by an elf king.

It may just be a weird undwarven coincidence though.
Balanced Wheels is just rolling along

A small sign posted at the far end of the catapult range.

"In ToolCrew Microline strikes you!"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38