Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38

Author Topic: RantingRodent's Graphical Overhaul [40d] - [New thread to be opened for 0.31]  (Read 123726 times)

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll upload a mini update tonight to fix the Kobolds. Is anyone else seeing this Human Diplomat problem, or is it just Ronin?
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I looked into the Kobold problem, but couldn't find any problems in the file. I just noticed you said "One of your kobold graphics files". This mod has only one Kobold graphics file. Do you have other mods installed which are conflicting? That might explain your diplomat problem as well.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question. Assuming I have an orc mod installed, what do I edit the [TILE:'o'] to, in order to get the game to display the orc graphics? Presumably something like [TILE: <some number>]?

Note: I've been using your Graphical Overhaul, but I just tried out Dig Deeper today, and I'm trying to make the two compatable. The main problem seems to be in the objects raw files...both replace vanilla. As far as I can see, the only difference is in the TILE tags; so I've been going and changing (dig deeper's apparently vanilla tile tags) to yours; but I'm not sure what to do with the orcs, since your graphics-set doesn't have them by default.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:38:43 pm by lastofthelight »

Anamabir

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarf
    • View Profile

I like this set, mostly. What I don't like, though, is that the majority of my walls are now squirrels and trees. How would I go about changing that, while keeping the rest of the set?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Question. Assuming I have an orc mod installed, what do I edit the [TILE:'o'] to, in order to get the game to display the orc graphics? Presumably something like [TILE: <some number>]?
Ascii tiles and graphical tiles are totally unrelated. Graphics replace text whenever possible.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question. Assuming I have an orc mod installed, what do I edit the [TILE:'o'] to, in order to get the game to display the orc graphics? Presumably something like [TILE: <some number>]?...-snip-

Depending on the exact race name used by Dig Deeper, the orcs might work out of the box. If not, you need to edit the graphics_race_ord.txt and change the line [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:ORC] to refer to the race name for the orcs in Dig Deeper. That should do it. You'll want to look at the objects file for the orc race and look for something like [CREATURE:ORC] to find the race name used by the game. Let me know if it works, please.

I like this set, mostly. What I don't like, though, is that the majority of my walls are now squirrels and trees. How would I go about changing that, while keeping the rest of the set?

You need to disable unique engraving images. I don't recall how to do this offhand, can someone help him out? I believe it's a setting in the init file.

Anamabir

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarf
    • View Profile

You need to disable unique engraving images. I don't recall how to do this offhand, can someone help him out? I believe it's a setting in the init file.
Never mind, I found it.

Eris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Never mind, I found it.
Uh, for the record...what/where was it?

Anamabir

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarf
    • View Profile

Never mind, I found it.
Uh, for the record...what/where was it?
[ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:YES] in the init.

Soralin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That just covers the ones that are made after the change in the init though.  You can toggle ones already built through the {d}-{b} menu.

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my game rock salt doors don't have a proper icon. It shows the same icon it normally shows for doors designated to be built somewhere, but that haven't been hauled there (black square).  ???

jryan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just noticed that there was an update....

DF-RRGO-v2

I left the old version up in case there were some issues with this version.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my game rock salt doors don't have a proper icon. It shows the same icon it normally shows for doors designated to be built somewhere, but that haven't been hauled there (black square).  ???

Some materials use inverted colors for constructions. I thought I had caught most of them. I'll look at Rock Salt before the next release.

TheManInBlack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I know I sound like a whiny n00b when I ask this, but I have to any way...can any one tell me how to get this to work, as I'm having trouble copy the file's contents and posting them in the original Dwarf Fortress File.

Or to ask something even more presumptuous, can someone make a download file with a version of Dwarf Fortress with this mod active, I promise to give a cookie to anyone who could help with this.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know I sound like a whiny n00b when I ask this, but I have to any way...can any one tell me how to get this to work, as I'm having trouble copy the file's contents and posting them in the original Dwarf Fortress File.

Or to ask something even more presumptuous, can someone make a download file with a version of Dwarf Fortress with this mod active, I promise to give a cookie to anyone who could help with this.

jryan's post has a link to exactly what you are asking for.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38