Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: RantingRodent's Graphical Overhaul [40d] - [New thread to be opened for 0.31]  (Read 123690 times)

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RantingRodent's Graphical Overhaul [1.0.4 Released]
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2009, 01:22:18 pm »

I like your graphics; if you want people to tell professions apart more quickly then you could try giving each profession a distinct shape of negative space.

I'm not sure how much room there is for unique negative space in a 16x16 sprite.  I'll see what I can do, though.  Is the colour differentiation not doing a very good job so far?
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Tigershark13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2009, 01:27:56 pm »

hm, I think it works, its a tad confusing at first (and took me a while to work out the wood cutter was a wood cutter :P) but once you get used to them its pretty cool

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2009, 04:43:46 pm »

I think what the mod actually needs is some accompanying documentation.  After the next mod update  I'll change gears and actually update the website with a bunch more details.

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2009, 11:26:32 pm »

Hmmm. From what little I've seen of this, I like it... but I'm having an issue. When I load DF after plugging the mod in, all of my screens flicker and leave overlapping images (kind of like after a camera flash and you get really bad tracers). I'm not quite sure what's up, but it might be worth mentioning.

I've had this exact same problem on full screen. So I use windowed mode instead. But then the window actually extends far lower than my comp screen allows (cutting off announcements). I tried adjusting this in the init, but then it proportionally squishes everything up, leaving a black bar along the bottom (saw this with the load up screen, can't remember if it persists in the game itself).

Maybe it IS my init file version...

Maverick

• Bay Watcher
  • Ragle-fraggle, zip zop zoobity bop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2009, 08:37:20 am »

I've had this exact same problem on full screen. So I use windowed mode instead. But then the window actually extends far lower than my comp screen allows (cutting off announcements). I tried adjusting this in the init, but then it proportionally squishes everything up, leaving a black bar along the bottom (saw this with the load up screen, can't remember if it persists in the game itself).

Maybe it IS my init file version...

Got it to work properly in Windowed mode by setting my screen resolution to 1280 x 1024.

Is there any chance for it to work properly in a lower resolution, or is this all it's compatible with?
The +green glass screen+ explodes!
The flying green glass shard hits Maverick in the head!
It is badly gashed!
Maverick cancels Learn Dwarf Fortress: Job object lost or destroyed.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2009, 10:29:07 am »

The minimum screen resolution for any 16x16 tileset is 1280x400 with a grid of 80x25.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Zomadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2009, 03:34:31 pm »

OK I've read the read me 27 times tryed every thing still can't figure out what to do any step by step instructions I can look at?

Also I unziped it with 7z not sure if that will make a problem.

Edit:OK Nvm I think I finaly got it, But haveing trouble with the Inti File causeing the screen being realy big causeing all the text to be squished up at the top and then after loading gets all flickery with every thing stacked all over eachother,

So still needing a step by step how to put the mod in correctly and then how to mod the inti file to work.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 04:48:03 pm by Zomadan »

Maverick

• Bay Watcher
  • Ragle-fraggle, zip zop zoobity bop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2009, 05:10:06 pm »

The Init file in the package is set for 1280 by 1024 for both windowed and full screen modes. Switching your screen resolution to that should clear it up.
The +green glass screen+ explodes!
The flying green glass shard hits Maverick in the head!
It is badly gashed!
Maverick cancels Learn Dwarf Fortress: Job object lost or destroyed.

Zomadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2009, 07:58:12 pm »

Not working tryed modding the file my self no help nothing other then it makes the screen stretch out and its still stuck at the top not sure what to change to fix it.

also like to play on my laptop but my highest res is 1366x786

can someone just post the whole thing to put as a inti file here or somthing just cant get it to work. Right now im just going to mess with it till I fix it, would realy like the help.

OK Right now i've fixed the refresh rate now it does not flicker all over the place but still trying to fix the size for any one else who has the flicker problem change the refresh rate to 50 and the refresh partial screen to NO, that will fix that still trying to find out how to fix the size,Not the screen the screen is fine its the text thats all tiny and at the top.

OK Finaly I've done it here is it fixed to no flicker or screen size screw up. Copy and past every thing under this line and replace it with the inti file to fix the problems to restore it to how its normal size.

Start with Change to 255]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im unsure what it will look like if its copyed and pasted but try it out.

OK just now Fixed it completly.

Haveing a problem with putting the mod into Vista instead of replaceing somthing it merges makeing it confuseing so need someone to tell me what to delete and what to do where ect.

Would Love to have this pack work on my laptop cause I get tired of trying to find a Kobold in my massive army of 400 dogs.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 12:00:18 am by Zomadan »

Zomadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2009, 12:30:20 am »

OK I've made a working one for wide screen now it does not crash and if the top one ^^^ does not work tell me ill try to fix it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also Not likeing the water-Lava ect tiles much look to cloudy like, and for the walls you could try and add some shadding or somthing to make it look like its turning and better, or something else.

LOL sorry forgot about that.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 12:02:23 am by Zomadan »

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2009, 09:27:41 am »

For the love of screen space, use spoiler tags! It's the button with the radioactive symbol on the post screen.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2009, 06:19:19 pm »

Zomadan, please wrap those in spoiler tags.

The water/lava tiles don't look as good when it's static, but it's the best I could find for moving water.

MMontage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2009, 08:04:48 am »

Is there something wrong with the download link?

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2009, 08:48:57 am »

Is there something wrong with the download link?

Don't use my website, use DFFD.  I've removed the link to my site for now, until I actually bother to bring it up to date.

MMontage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2009, 09:36:32 am »

Do you mean this one? http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=794
404 Not Found...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38