Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: RantingRodent's Graphical Overhaul [40d] - [New thread to be opened for 0.31]  (Read 123583 times)

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RantingRodent's Graphical Overhaul [Slightly redesigned Kobolds]
« Reply #525 on: March 07, 2010, 10:58:15 am »

I did a pig and a chicken for Dig Deeper support. C+C?

cute.

Reverend Josiah

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 09, 2010, 09:20:38 pm »

I downloaded the version of dwarf fortress with this graphic mod attached, and when I started to play it kicked me out of full screen to window, which my older versions did anyway, but for some reason the window was cutting off the right side so I couldn't see it. Any ideas on what's going wrong?

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 09, 2010, 09:44:12 pm »

Sounds like a screen resolution problem. The minimum screen width for using a 16x16 tile set in Dwarf Fortress is 1280.
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 09, 2010, 10:13:03 pm »

I downloaded the version of dwarf fortress with this graphic mod attached, and when I started to play it kicked me out of full screen to window, which my older versions did anyway, but for some reason the window was cutting off the right side so I couldn't see it. Any ideas on what's going wrong?

I had an issue with the pre-package as well, but mine was far less... describable. I tried to run DF, but the screen kept fluctuating, constantly, keeping me from seeing the world generation well, due too the initial menu beinc consistantly overlayed. It seemed as though ever moment of graphics got stored and was trying to display at the same time.

When I tried to apply the graphics alone to a vanilla copy, I suffered the same issues as Reverend Josiah.

I have checked, and it is not an issue with resolution.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 10, 2010, 01:00:13 am »

Others have reported the same flickering issue and fixed it by changing the partial print setting in the init file.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 13, 2010, 10:18:18 am »

Well, I'm enjoying this a lot. It's so clear and wonderful. *shiny eyes*
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 13, 2010, 10:34:34 pm »

Glad you like it :)

I've decided not to make another release until DF2010. I'm working on fleshing out the female dwarves right now, and tweaking the tileset to use partial transparency better. I'm also working on updating Urist McModder (finally). If I can keep myself dedicated, I want to use it for all of my raw changes.

Slythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 14, 2010, 06:13:46 pm »

I had an issue with the pre-package as well, but mine was far less... describable. * snip*

When I tried to apply the graphics alone to a vanilla copy, I suffered the same issues as Reverend Josiah.  I have checked, and it is not an issue with resolution.

I initially had the same problem as Reverend Josiah - tried to start in full screen mode and got an error message then it automatically switched  me to windowed, which worked fine.  I looked in the init.txt and noticed these lines -

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:592]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:RantingRodent_Brick_02.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:592]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:RantingRodent_Brick_02.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:NO]

Since my desktop resolution is 1280x960, I tried changing the '592' to '960' for full screen, started again, and it worked fine...except then I had the flickering problem that shadowsofwhite describes, so I found the line

[PARTIAL_PRINT:YES:0]

and changed back to

[PARTIAL_PRINT:NO:2]

Now everything seems to work fine except for one thing which will seem like a very noob question, because it is; and it's the same problem I had when I briefly tried to install and use the May Day graphics (I actually haven't even really played DF yet, only installed, generated a world and embarked just to test that it all works).

Anyway, my problem is that certain characters on the menu screens don't show as normal smooth text, but graphic tiles, like both 'o' and 'O', '.' and ',', and also the four arrow keys.  Is this normal or am I missing something?

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 14, 2010, 08:33:28 pm »

Normal. Dwarf Fortress uses the same font for displaying graphics and text, so some tiles end up getting reused, even with modding.

Tayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 22, 2010, 12:29:56 pm »

I've seen a few posts on this, but no solution mentioned...so I'm tossing out my info too.

Like a few people, when I select a wall to be mined out, it simply turns it pitch black.
Originally thought it might have been compatibility issues when I tried installing the graphics with the Dig Deeper mod, but even on a fresh install it seems to do this.

I have not yet tried older versions though, so I'm wondering if it is because I'm using 40d19.  Or if there's something else I'm missing somewhere?

That issue aside though, I should at least mention that thus far, I quite like the graphics I've seen. ^^

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 22, 2010, 04:48:12 pm »

The problem is that sand and soil wall tiles have no transparent pixels. When you designate for mining, the game inverts the alpha channel, making the whole tile transparent, showing black in the whole tile. This will be fixed in the next version, but you can also fix it yourself if you use an image editor to add some transparent pixels to those tiles. It is generally safe to replace pure black pixels with transparent ones, but not always.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 23, 2010, 12:47:57 am »

I was wondering why that happened. I can't wait until that's fixed, digging in soil can be annoying with all the black tiles everywhere.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 28, 2010, 08:54:36 am »

Dwarf female jobs, ready for DF2010. C&C appreciated, I haven't done many female sprites and I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with these.

[edit]

Here are the basic sprites as well.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:56:55 am by RantingRodent »

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 28, 2010, 02:15:15 pm »

Dwarf female jobs, ready for DF2010. C&C appreciated, I haven't done many female sprites and I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with these.

[edit]

Here are the basic sprites as well.

amazing job! well done, again
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: RantingRodent's Graphical Overhaul [WIP Female Dwarves for DF2010]
« Reply #539 on: March 28, 2010, 03:02:32 pm »

i think i can confidently say that df2010 will only be installed by me when your graphics pack is ready for it... 99% of what displays on 40d16 for me is rom your pack, and i dont think the next version without it would be the same. hres hoping its a nice easy switchover.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38