Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: RantingRodent's Graphical Overhaul [40d] - [New thread to be opened for 0.31]  (Read 123606 times)

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That seems to imply that the game is using the wrong tile size. Can you please paste the contents of your init.txt here, in a spoiler tag?
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Lord Herman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That happened to me too. I'm afraid I've changed my init.txt since then, though.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm using d17 on linux, if that helps. I've made only minimal changes to the one provided.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

That is decidedly unlike d17's init files. Things were split for one.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, I meant d16 with the d17 head tarball unpacked over it. Didn't realise d17 was actually out

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

let's go with "I'm surprised it functions." You're s'posed t'unpack d17-head on top of d17.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whichever one was posted alongside d16 is what I mean.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Never unpack one version on top of another version.  It's a recipe for trouble.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"For linux users, the following link contains a tarball with the newest fixes, which will be officially released in 40d17. It must be unpacked on top of the 40d16 tarball."

That's what I did. Exactly as it said. It works fine with the mayday tileset; and only has these two small errors with this one.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Oh, you meant 40d17 HEAD, not 40d16 HEAD.  Yeah, 40d16 HEAD is obsolete and probably buggy, so who knows what's going on there.  Not that 40d17 HEAD isn't buggy too.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 03:54:03 pm by Footkerchief »

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's been working fine for ages now, and I can survive with these slight bugs. It's not like I'll ever see an elf diplomat again, unless I decide to butcher some more trees.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's an interim font update for the 40d## versions only, taking advantage of partial alpha.

I also redesigned a couple of tiles.

Feedback would be really appreciated.

Octopusfluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Giving it a try now. Gives me a reason to fire the game up again. :) Is there anything in particular we should be looking at? I don't really know the tileset details that well to necessarily recognize anything specific, but if you want to know "Does X look good" I can answer my opinion on that. :D

Octopusfluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I stand corrected; something DOES stand out.
My barrels are now featureless yellow-brown squares. I don't see a barrel in the appropriate square in the sheet in this thread (although I haven't bothered trying to edit it to check for alpha facets). Did that just get forgotten? :)

In case it'll matter for anything you're doing, this is on 40d16, as 40d17 doesn't work with a released version of Stonesense, so I've not been using it.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made a mistake when I was exporting the final png for posting. I'll fix it when I get home.

Prepared meals, bins and floors have been updated, as well as sand walls and all layer rocks.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38