Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: RantingRodent's Graphical Overhaul [40d] - [New thread to be opened for 0.31]  (Read 123624 times)

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile

This is a really nice looking tile/graphic set. After experiencing and fixing similar problems mentioned above (the partial print option and fullscreen resolution), I started playing around with it a bit ago. I also tried to disable accented letters which seems to have mostly worked. Now it seems there is something strange with tiles to be dug out, they appear invisible when designated if next to an open tile. If surrounded by rock or something, it looks fine and they flash when a miner is about to carve them out though. Sorry if this is mentioned/explained earlier, I read the first page, then skipped to the end. :-[

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It may just be a weird undwarven coincidence though.

I haven't changed anything functional about the game, so yeah, that's just a crazy coincidence.

I started playing around with it a bit ago. I also tried to disable accented letters which seems to have mostly worked.

Does "playing around with" include modifying the images yourself? It sounds like an alpha problem.
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

I appreciate what you've done here with this mod. I just have a question. Is there any particular change made to make elves more powerful? It seems like every dwarven civilization i run into is ran by an elf king.

It may just be a weird undwarven coincidence though.
Since that actually requires dwarves to conquer elves, you've got it backwards.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a great graphical overhaul, However there is something missing, the last time I play, the badlands still is not *graphicalized*.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you post a screenshot?

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile

Does "playing around with" include modifying the images yourself? It sounds like an alpha problem.
Actually I just meant playing the game with it, though I did replace the smoothed floor tile (I think that's what it was) from the brick01 set with the one from brick02, I haven't changed anything else besides the screen size. I'll check it on a fresh copy of DF, maybe it has something to do with the accent removal somehow? (the tiles disappearing were sand BTW, which were the same color as highlighted tiles. On some stone it seems the colored area of the tile became transparent, while the transparent part became highlighted.) It's not a big problem, just a little confusing.  ;D

Varisma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, call me stupid but I downloaded the bundled version and it won't run correctly. I even changed the partial print option and the screen is still flickering like crazy.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arucard: Ah, yes, sand does do that at the moment. I never fixed the transparency on sand tiles. Oops.

Varisma: If you figure out the problem, please let me know here.

My next release will have vanilla settings for as many things as possible. I have left too many of my personal tweaks in the init thus far.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, call me stupid but I downloaded the bundled version and it won't run correctly. I even changed the partial print option and the screen is still flickering like crazy.

Partial Print problem.  I had the same problem when I first started, went in and turned it on I think and it started working fine... or I turned it off... either way, I adjusted it and it worked :p
Demon of Darkness

Octopusfluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apologies if this is in the thread somewhere; I tried to search but didn't have any luck.
I have to admit I find the way things vary between versions and the mechanisms for modifying kind of arcane... For various reasons, I'm unable to play baseline 40d (mostly input problems), so are there any instructions anywhere for using this with a 40dxx version?

I noticed at the top of 40d17's init file are ominous warnings about not trying to install anything on top of anything else, so I thought it best to stop to ask someone. :)

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

40d## is a little easier to configure than the current version, actually. For 40d17, change the following entries. The entries already exist, you're just changing the value. You can replace the font name with one of the other options depending on your taste.

in data/init/init.txt

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:0]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:RantingRodent_Brick_02.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:RantingRodent_Brick_02.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:NO]

in data/init/d_init.txt

[ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:YES]

Then just copy the "main-mod" set of files into the dwarf fortress main directory.

Octopusfluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... okay, I feel kind of retarded. Somehow I missed the distinction between bundle and non-bundle. Things are much clearer now. XD

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile

It stuffed up my visual fortress application thingy.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm slightly redesigning the Kobolds so that they are facing slightly to the side, matching the other races better. I've included a dwarf for comparison. The new Kobold is on the the right.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi; recently installed, but I have a few possible glitches: I have an elf diplomat who looks like a red x on a white background above half of the same thing. Also, my hammerer seems to be a generic looking dwarf with a question mark next to him. Any thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38