Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My champions are cursed!  (Read 777 times)

Warmduscher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My champions are cursed!
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:54:04 am »

So, after applying some mods I'm always fighting hard for my survival, hordes of mini-dragons, dark elves, and of course always the trusty goblins invade and utterly slaughter me. Only after several reclaims I finally got some security behind some traps and an around 50 dwarf strong military. It hardly happens though that a dwarf ascends to championhood as I refuse to micromanage their training. They just get whatever is handy in weapons and armor and thats it. They need to be ready to fight at a moments notice anyway. But when finally I got my fist champion I was content that I now have reached a point where I can face anything this game can throw at me.... until he died not a month later because a Moose skeleton pushed him into a pond. But no worries, the next champion followed suit and died because he fell asleep on the way to glorious battle... in my trap corridor. A third one was finally crowned and didn't even wait until the end of the season before falling from a bridge into my water-supply channel and drowning...

So tell me, am I just extraordinary unlucky or are my champions cursed?

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: My champions are cursed!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 01:58:39 am »

Champion Jock-Heads, so true, that's why you grind their base stats.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 04:44:35 am »

It depends. Are only your champions dying to drowning in pools of water and other anti-climactic non-battle related deaths? If so, then yes.

If no, then it's not a curse, and you should put safeguards in to prevent further accidents.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 10:20:21 am »

Yeah you are extraordinary unlucky.  ;D
PS. Your post [OP] was hillarious, I lol'ed while I was reading reading that part of your post, in what you've explained that what happened to those 3 champions.  :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 10:22:21 am by Tormy »

Warmduscher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 05:20:46 pm »

It depends. Are only your champions dying to drowning in pools of water and other anti-climactic non-battle related deaths? If so, then yes.

If no, then it's not a curse, and you should put safeguards in to prevent further accidents.

Actually? Yeah, as far as I can remember the ownly drowning deaths I got were those two champions and trap-deaths otherwise happened only to crippled pets. Safeguards have been put in place though, all ponds now got ramps leading out of them and my millitary only gets to sleep on the ground after they marched outside. Lets see how champion 4 and 5 fare, that I got two at the same time is kind of encouraging. Maybe the curse is broken?