Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siege Operators Mod  (Read 1101 times)

kraytkiller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Siege Operators Mod
« on: January 11, 2009, 04:26:11 pm »

Is there a mod that makes it so that Siege Operators are unaffected by the all dwarves go inside order? Or makes it so that they're though of as soldiers so the Soldiers can go outside order affects them?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Siege Operators Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 04:44:19 pm »

nope. so far as I know you can't.

making them military - those are hardcoded. you can't even make a dagger-dwarf, currently. (without extensive shennanegans in which they are technically Sworddwarves who have been convinced to pick up daggers).

And before you ask - even adding the [NO_FEAR] tage doesn't stop citizens from running, so making that effect apply to a specific job? no.

Might I suggest keeping the ballista inside, behind a large intraversable gap? If it's far enough, I don't think they get scared anymore. I don't know the proper distance, but t's been covered before somewhere in this forum.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 04:46:23 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

kraytkiller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 04:54:49 pm »

Ah yes, well my main problem is getting them to stay outside to fire the catapults behind my moat (at a fast range where they wouldn't get scared) while the rest of the civilians hide inside so they dont run around like morons and get picked off. Oh well though.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 04:57:38 pm »

I think you can cover JUST the operator portion of the catapult and still fire stones. Never tried it, however.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 01:48:10 pm »

actually...
You can fix this....

Make the dwarves blind and they will no longer run from things if I recall correctly.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 08:45:56 pm »

actually...
You can fix this....

Make the dwarves blind and they will no longer run from things if I recall correctly.

How come no matter what you do in DF, no matter how serious, it always sounds hilarious when reading it.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 09:51:00 pm »

It might be possible to make a utility that performs this function passively, however.  There is a utility that prevents miners from canceling jobs when they come across damp or hot stones, but that probably works a little differently.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember