Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Entity and Creature token questions  (Read 772 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Entity and Creature token questions
« on: January 10, 2009, 09:59:26 pm »

FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP
STANDARD_FLESH

What do they do? The wiki doesn't have anything.

Also, what are the alternatives to MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE? I can't find anything else in any of my raws related to the frequency of litter sizes.

LIKES_FIGHTING

The wiki says this adds "takes joy in the slaughter" when the creature kills something in combat. But dwarves don't have LIKES_FIGHTING and they definitely take joy in the slaughter.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 01:31:42 pm by ZeroGravitas »

Gwythur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature token questions
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:58:54 pm »

STANDARD_FLESH

I believe that anything that can produce meat has this tag.  Note that not everything that has this tag can be butchered, usually due to ethical constraints.

Also, what are the alternatives to MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE? I can't find anything else in any of my raws related to the frequency of litter sizes.

LITTERSIZE, as in [liTTERSIZE:10:20] for something that births 10 to 20 babies at a time.  If you do not specify a BABY tag, the births will be children.  I have never tested whether you can birth adults by not specifying a CHILD tag.

LIKES_FIGHTING

The wiki says this adds "takes joy in the slaughter" when the creature kills something in combat. But dwarves don't have LIKES_FIGHTING and they definitely take joy in the slaughter.

The only time I've ever seen a dwarf who "took joy in slaughter recently", that dwarf also had the "doesn't care about anything anymore" tag.  Your mileage may vary.

Edit:  And can someone please tell me how to avoid the two lowercase letters after an open bracket on this forum?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:00:36 am by Gwythur »

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 12:06:18 am »

Thanks for the help. As to litter sizes, I understand how that works. Are the only alternatives MULTIPLE_LITTERS_RARE and litters of x-y size? Can I have MULTIPLE_LITTERS_UNCOMMON?

Also, I'm pretty sure I get "took joy in the slaughter recently" any time my dwarves kill anything else in combat - including killing other dwarves during sparring.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:10:01 am by ZeroGravitas »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 01:15:04 am »

STANDARD_FLESH
Creature can have "chunks".

FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP
I think it's obsolvete from 2d version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 01:27:15 am »

STANDARD_FLESH also will set some basic heat and cold damage points for the creature. These can be then overrode by later tags, but if you want a creature to be super-heat resistant and have basic flesh, than make sure to add this tag before adding the heatdam tags.

FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP
I agree with Deon, I have never even heard of this tag, so it probably is just something that was in the 2d.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:51:07 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 10:17:32 am »

Yeah, I'm fairly sure FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP had to do with Frogmen and their ilk ambushing you from the cave rivers in 2D, as well as respective creatures from chasms and magma. They don't do that anymore. Sadly.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 01:12:11 pm »

Thanks for the help.   I'm excited, my first attempt at making a creature actually seemed to work! (Aside from them equipping shields in their mouths). Apparently, you can have embedded lungs on the lower body and everything works fine!

Now, about entity tokens:

It appears OUTDOOR_FARMING overrides INDOOR_FARMING? Or am I just messing up what biomes the civs are from, because I can't see to get both types of seeds to appear on the Embark screen.

Edit: Nevermind, I got them to have both. Apparently my biomes were messed up.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 01:55:16 pm by ZeroGravitas »