- 1 (1.2%)
- 14 (16.9%)
- 15 (18.1%)
- 14 (16.9%)
4+
- 39 (47%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How many copies of DF do you have?  (Read 1649 times)

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
How many copies of DF do you have?
« on: January 09, 2009, 10:26:23 pm »

I personally have 5. One vanilla for my games, another vanilla for succession games, and 3 different modded copies.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How many copies of DF do you have?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 10:34:08 pm »

One copy that gets completely wiped and reinstalled every time I'm done with a set of world(s), want to try a mod out for a while (I generally play with vanilla) or download a new version.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 10:37:04 pm »

Vanilla for normal forts, 4odx to see if it runs better for me, One with Civ Forge to see what that's like, another that I'm learning to mod with and Kobold camp (needs no explanation :P).

So 5.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:03:39 pm »

All the versions since the 2D and a bunch of mod experiments, I suspect this is the case with everyone else too, thus the poll will hardly tell us anything.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 11:12:17 pm »

All the versions since the 2D and a bunch of mod experiments, I suspect this is the case with everyone else too, thus the poll will hardly tell us anything.

Quite possibly true. It might have been more informative to ask if you've ever tried any mods, as i suspect that's the primary reason for having multiple copies.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 11:36:55 pm »

18. Most (not all) versions since 39c (I started accumulating versions since... I think it was the one before the version where Toady made dwarves stop digging channels out from under each other, but at some point I went through a good portion of my computer and deleted a lot of things I didn't need), a pair of versions from the 2D era, and a few copies of some versions with my mod (not released yet) installed in them.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 11:42:18 pm »

I have eight copies. All of the most recent version, one vanilla, another vanilla, more vanilla, and about five modded versions, each to my own liking.

The reasons for so many vanillas is because one is normal with a world of unique features for just a plain'ol fort, the second is some sorta challenge, the third is generally in called storage as I have many more fort saves in those folders.

The modded ones are as simple as that, and generally more varied, and constantly changing.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Optimizt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 11:42:58 pm »

Typically I start a new copy of DF when I reformat, so I've got 5 or 6 sitting around.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 11:56:16 pm »

38c, my first version,
40d, and
let me see... 40d5 (last I was able to check due to this stupid paper eating my life.)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 12:35:28 am »

One zipped so if anything crazy happens, I won't have to download it again.

One heavily modified version to my looking. Not game-breaking stuff like making dwavres move faster than time, but fixing bugs and allowing most races as playable.

A copy of Speargroove for my ruining pleasure.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 12:42:51 am »

One with my odd butchered edition of Mayday's graphic pack (replaces the detailed dwarves with vaguely humanoid, single-color shapes for ease of use).

One the same as that, but with Legendary Lands installed. I haven't used it much lately, but it's there, and it's seen enough play to count.

Probably some others, but they're only incidental.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 03:21:55 am »

I'm probably the only one here with 0 copies. My personal computer is down and I'm typing from my office/buisiness computer, and I can't download anything on that.
For they would be your masters.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 09:21:55 am »

at the moment I have 4,

1 - Vanilla latest release (I got an above ground wooden village of dwarfs here)

2 - Vanilla Latest openGL test version (I got a regular subterainian fortress where theres a botemlesspit, subterainian river and a chasm that I ran into without using the site finder!, I just hope there will be some magma :P)

3 - one modded version with Civalisation forge onit (havent done anything with it yet, but ill need it for a succession fort)

4- kobold camp!! woohoo

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 10:18:01 am »

Only 1, and it's modded.  :) [If I "reinstall" DF, I simply decompress the vanilla game into a dir, and overwrite everything with the modded files.]

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 11:48:49 am »

I have a single version of 40c.
All my saves from 38a onwards get stuck to it.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: [1] 2