Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SoakedMire  (Read 638 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SoakedMire
« on: January 08, 2009, 07:58:32 pm »

This is not a Succession or a Community game.  This is the diary of my fortress, and my fortress has some rules. . .

The Rules
No digging, (or channeling)
No farming.
No cage, weapon or pressure plate traps.
There must always be a 10 tile wide entrance into my fortress.
Nobles will be kept happy.
No Bridges.
No Levers.
No Marksdwarfs
When the population reaches 100 I need to provide a secondary 10 tile wide entrance into my fortress.

And so we begin: SoakedMire

I came to this location planning ahead.  All starting dwarfs will be able to swim.  My food intake will comprise of gathering plants off the land and fishing the river.  All dwarfs will be given military training and a ballista array will be built looking towards the entrance.

Its only been 7 days into the game and a fish is giving my fisher problems.  This epic battle of wills has resulted in a good punch to the fish's spleen and a gash on my fishers hand. 

EW EW EW BLOOD GNATS.  OH god they're everywhere.  They're all over the food stockpile and the river and the dwarfs and the dogs too!

---one month into the fortress---

The cat is doing a horrible job of keeping the vermin population down, someone needs to drown the damn thing.  And speaking of drowning.

I really should of seen that coming.  The Gnats shall feast on his corpse.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:22:58 pm by Qloos »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: SoakedMire
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 11:30:44 pm »

Nobles will be kept happy.
WHAT?! Are you MAD?!

Anyway, what happened to the fisher?
EDIT: Excuse me, what kind of fish? Carp?

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:28:41 am »

Yes, yes indeed it was a carp.

This carp lives in a pool of water right next to the north entrance to our humble woodland village.  It's disgraceful act forces me to construct a coffin for the dwarf.  Lest the rest cry about Gutovas water bloated corpse.

The minimum requirements are that the tomb be inside huh?  1 wall 1 floor overhanging from said wall and 1 tomb underneath it.  Simple enough.

This cheap village makes progress!

Already I have scarred this woodlands bog red with our presence.  And in some cases with blood.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 04:28:53 am »

Quote from: Qloos
This cheap village makes progress!
HUZZAH!