Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Sea kittens  (Read 24721 times)

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sea kittens
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2009, 11:45:12 am »

"RADICAL international animal rights group PETA has launched its most bizarre campaign yet, demanding fish be renamed "sea kittens"."

Bizarre? More like retarded.
I can understand the goals of PETA, but seriously...sometime they are quite nonsensical and ridicolous.  ::)
Sorry, I have to disagree.  This isn't nearly as retarded as when they put up huge ads equating chicken farms with Nazi death camps.
So, technically, they equated jews with poultry? OBVIOUSLY THE PETA IS RUN BY ADOLPH COW!
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2009, 12:04:09 pm »

Contrary to popular belief, the nazis didn't only kill Jews in death camps. They also killed other people they thought were lower than Germans.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2009, 12:55:46 pm »

Such as Gypsies, Homosexuals, Non-violent religious believers, mentally disabled, crazy people, and anyone else who tainted their view of racial purity.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2009, 02:11:40 pm »

What about the Beer > Milk campaign?

This reminded me that I've actually got (a lot of) beer. And because it's healthier than milk, I've got to drink it. And if I've got a hangover tomorrow it's PETA's fault, not mine...  :P

mmm... beer...

P.S. wouldn't this threads content fit better in the variuos nonsense section? (expect the raw)  ::)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2009, 02:27:37 pm »

I do believe with the recent change of direction, this topic has officially become an example of Godwin's Law in practice.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2009, 11:55:42 am »

You're late. Somebody mentioned the Nazis long before you.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2009, 10:33:42 pm »

There is no such thing as  wild cow.  The Auroch is extinct.  Cows are pretty much our version of the fungus that leaf-cutter ants keep in their nests.

Free ranged chickens try to kill each other.

Humans can't have evolved past meat eating because there has never been an abundance of vegetables at the same time as a meat famine.  It just couldn't happen without something that would kill enough of us off so that meat wouldn't be a problem.

A lot of fish are really freakin' hideous.

'nuff said.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2009, 02:37:41 am »

A lot of fish are really freakin' hideous.

'nuff said.

And the ones that are not hideous are usually the ones we keep as pets and don't usually eat.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2009, 03:14:38 am »

Actually, the current bovine industry uses enough vegtables as fodder to feed the world over. Plus when Ethiopia had its famine, farmers were still providing vegatables for the European meat industry.

Splendiferous

• Bay Watcher
  • Psychotic. Primate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2009, 03:18:32 am »

What about the Beer > Milk campaign?

This reminded me that I've actually got (a lot of) beer. And because it's healthier than milk, I've got to drink it. And if I've got a hangover tomorrow it's PETA's fault, not mine...  :P

mmm... beer...

P.S. wouldn't this threads content fit better in the variuos nonsense section? (expect the raw)  ::)

it didn't begin this way.
it has... changed. grown.
into something we can no longer control...

A MONSTER!!!

"He returns once every thousand years! Or if the stars align! Or whenever he's bored."

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2009, 03:47:31 am »

Free ranged chickens try to kill each other.
Where'd you get that? Over here plenty of people keep chickens and I've never seen any of them attempt to kill another chicken.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 03:05:46 pm by DJ »
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2009, 05:04:29 am »

the human is an omnivorous animal... so why should i dont eat meat? because i am "more inteligent" as a lion?

we all know to much meat (and fast food) isnt good for our health, but to less isnt perfect either :p the mix is it
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2009, 07:27:05 am »

we all know to much meat (and fast food) isnt good for our health, but to less isnt perfect either :p the mix is it

I don't think so. The father of my grandfather [sorry I don't know the correct english word for this  ;D] is still alive. He is 98 years old, and he was eating meat with meat in his whole life. Also he is smoking for more than 75 years now. It's all about genetics I guess.  ;)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2009, 07:53:48 am »

You cannot pull off eating only meat while being healthy nowadays, too much pesticides end up in meat for it to be completely healthy.
Still, that man is certainly impressive.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2009, 02:15:17 pm »

I don't think so. The father of my grandfather [sorry I don't know the correct english word for this  ;D] is still alive. He is 98 years old, and he was eating meat with meat in his whole life. Also he is smoking for more than 75 years now. It's all about genetics I guess.  ;)

Just for future reference, the word you're looking for is "great-grandfather." =)

That is quite surprising that he has been smoking for 75 years and is as old as he is. I don't think my grandfather (who died of lung cancer because he smoked >,>) even made it to the age of 75.

But yeah. This topic has gone pretty off-topic. Is that sea kitten Shades posted as demented as a carp? I've yet to try it out.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19