Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Sea kittens  (Read 24644 times)

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sea kittens
« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2009, 04:21:04 am »

Personally, I would love to see the waste involved in humanity's exploitation of the world go down.  Personally, I love to eat the seared flesh of other creatures, but I don't go out and kill them.  It would, however, please me to no end if we didn't kill things needlessly.  Whether that need is to feed us(meaning that we actually eat the stuff we kill), or because it was attacking, we shouldn't just go out and kill stuff for fun.

I know I sound very elfy with that, but consider this:  What do dwarves make their mittens out of?  What meat do they put in their stew?  What do they make bolts out of so they can slaughter the goblins, elves and uppity humans?  Why do they use this one creature so ubiquitously?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2009, 04:54:46 am »

Well, there's a big difference between being a jackass and coming up with something like "sea-kittens", and actually acting in a responsible manner towards the environment.

I mean, if we manage to fuck up the world *too* badly, then we're ultimately just committing suicide.
For they would be your masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2009, 05:53:03 am »

Personally, I would love to see the waste involved in humanity's exploitation of the world go down.  Personally, I love to eat the seared flesh of other creatures, but I don't go out and kill them.  It would, however, please me to no end if we didn't kill things needlessly.  Whether that need is to feed us(meaning that we actually eat the stuff we kill), or because it was attacking, we shouldn't just go out and kill stuff for fun.

I know I sound very elfy with that, but consider this:  What do dwarves make their mittens out of?  What meat do they put in their stew?  What do they make bolts out of so they can slaughter the goblins, elves and uppity humans?  Why do they use this one creature so ubiquitously?

Because it tastes nice, shoots straight and keeps your fingers warm?

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2009, 10:11:26 am »

The Romans thought they were better than the barbarians
In the Romans' defense, when it came to killing people and building downright dwarf-scale projects, they usually were 8)
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2009, 10:35:42 am »

It's funny. I always picture ancient times as a highschool.

You have your druggies Gauls, your nerdy Greeks, and then the badass Roman Jocks. When the romans needed to pass their lit/history test, they just beat up the greeks with their armies/roads and took what else they needed from the dried husk that was Athens :D
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2009, 10:38:47 am »

What about the Britons/celts/whatever?
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2009, 12:25:47 pm »

Goths  ;D

@Sea Kittens. There's more then one way to filet a cat

OR

There's more then one way to skin a sea kitten

:D

Chandrasekhar

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIES_WHEN_KILLED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2009, 12:32:07 pm »

Goths  ;D
Alright, then what were the Goths? ;)

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2009, 12:40:57 pm »

Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2009, 02:33:57 pm »

The britons/celts were the goths.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2009, 04:02:22 pm »

What about the Muslims?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2013, 09:22:47 am »

Really, what needs to happen is that all of the developing countries need to skip their moody adolescence, make up with themselves or break up peacefully, and kick out any corrupt politicians. Then all the countries of the world need to have all the citizens become peaceful, educated citizens, earnestly looking for a better world without name calling, with the leaders unanimously chosen by a peaceful process to be the brightest, best, and most moral of the citizens, and then we can get some real good done around the world.

Yeah, we can't wait that long.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 13, 2013, 11:11:18 am »

Really, what needs to happen is that all of the developing countries need to skip their moody adolescence, make up with themselves or break up peacefully, and kick out any corrupt politicians. Then all the countries of the world need to have all the citizens become peaceful, educated citizens, earnestly looking for a better world without name calling, with the leaders unanimously chosen by a peaceful process to be the brightest, best, and most moral of the citizens, and then we can get some real good done around the world.

Well, you waited 4 years...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2013, 11:20:21 am »

There is a reason why a warning message pops up if nothing has been posted in over 120 days. I mean for goodness sake the person you quoted hasn't even been active on the forum for almost a year now.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2013, 09:40:36 am »

I decry NECRO!!!!!!!
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19