Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A world without people.  (Read 995 times)

worldspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A world without people.
« on: January 08, 2009, 06:16:50 pm »

Has anyone generated a world that has no humans, no elves, and no dwarf civs, just gobbos? I want to create a fort that's JUST my starting seven with no immigrants, and no caravans. It can be ok to have human and elves I guess as long as they're unable to trade with me.

I want this world so I can generate a new dwarven empire built out of the bones and iron of the planets only inhabitants (being goblins of course). Maybe I should also mod bones so you can build blocks from them and build buildings out of bones.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A world without people.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 06:23:30 pm »

There's always some dwarves, I believe. You can, however, run a worldgen for a long enough time and have the other civs basically wiped out. Age of the Goblin. Takes a few thousand years and a run of bad luck for the others, but it happens.

worldspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 06:36:57 pm »

There's always some dwarves, I believe. You can, however, run a worldgen for a long enough time and have the other civs basically wiped out. Age of the Goblin. Takes a few thousand years and a run of bad luck for the others, but it happens.

Yeah I read how the no dwarves thing works. Something about how there's no civs, just a wandering caravan that you embark from. If you embark far enough away from it you don't get immigrants. In such a case I can just "pretend" they're all dead but my first seven. I'll try genning a 10,000 year old world and see what happens.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 07:16:58 pm »

Yeah I read how the no dwarves thing works. Something about how there's no civs, just a wandering caravan that you embark from. If you embark far enough away from it you don't get immigrants. In such a case I can just "pretend" they're all dead but my first seven. I'll try genning a 10,000 year old world and see what happens.

You can always turn off immigration. That wouldn't solve the dwarven traders, but I think that's as close as you're going to get. Have fun with inbred dwarves, by the way.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 05:50:44 am »

Modify the entity_default file: set max_civ_number to 1 for dwarves, 100 for goblins and 0 for everyone else. Then generate a world. It's highly likely that the dwarven civ will not survive past the first 100 years, and voila! Age of Goblins!

Edit: By the way, if you choose to play adventure mode, you will be offered to play as a goblin.
Also you might consider kobolds to have around too. I once had a world with 3 goblin and 6 kobold civs, goblins modded to be tougher and kobolds faster. The only dwarven civ was dead, but I made the dwarves indiv_controllable so I could choose dwarf, goblin or kobold when going to adventure.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:43:19 am by Murphy »

BirdoPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 10:25:25 pm »

I created a world with very low rain and low drainage to make a desert planet (named Arrakis of course) and the only survivors were dwarves and goblins. Makes playing on no-wood maps a lot harder when traders only come once a year!