Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Gigantic turtles  (Read 16617 times)

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
Re: Gigantic turtles
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2009, 05:33:55 pm »

Maybe giant animals occour near large quantities of pitchblende?

Only if my alchemists can make "Oxygen Destoyer" bombs.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2009, 05:47:11 pm »

Maybe giant animals occour near large quantities of pitchblende?

Only if my alchemists can make "Oxygen Destoyer" bombs.

Only if the event can be narrated by Raymond Burr.
For they would be your masters.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2009, 05:49:54 pm »

Why yes, yes I have 8)
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2009, 06:28:08 pm »

By the way, as an aside, I'll add (for the benefit of those unfamiliar with what the hell we're talking about) that the original Godzilla (1954) was by far one of the best of the "atomic age/giant creature" B movies of the whole genre.

If you're only familiar with the insane amount of (great fun, but often very low quality-especially) sequals, the original is a different, and in many ways the superior, movie.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2009, 01:47:48 pm »

I wouldn't classify the original(the Japanese version without Raymond Burr) a B movie.  It's hardly Citizen Cane, but it has very high production values.  Especially in comparrison to the later movies. 

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2009, 05:20:59 pm »

Well, the production values were still considerably lower than King Kong, a movie that was made almost 30 years before.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2009, 06:17:05 pm »

Still better than the Peter Jackson POS remake  ;D

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of PJ, Dead Alive/Brain Dead is one of my favorite films of all time, and Bad taste has the coolest car EVER in it, (except maybe the Jag-Hurste
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2009, 06:55:49 pm »

I'd like to make a fort on a giant elf. I'd excavate it's skull and replace the insides with a simple systems of watergates and pumps, raising it's IQ by 100 points. That would give it about somewhat below average IQ.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2009, 07:17:56 pm »

I'd like to make a fort on a giant elf. I'd excavate it's skull and replace the insides with a simple systems of watergates and pumps, raising it's IQ by 100 points. That would give it about somewhat below average IQ.

:o

QUICK, TO THE MOD-MOBILE. WE MUST HAVE THIS.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2009, 08:09:34 pm »

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of PJ, Dead Alive/Brain Dead is one of my favorite films of all time, and Bad taste has the coolest car EVER in it, (except maybe the Jag-Hurste

If that car had chromed-out ambulance piping on the top, it would be too good for this earth. 

Yeah, I don't know what happened with the new King Kong. I haven't actually seen it, though, so I won't comment on it. The original King Kong is my dad's favorite movie of all time, though, and it's great.

Have you see Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow? I'm very fond of that movie, and of the old, great, Superman cartoons it was (partly) based on. It's too bad that it wasn't appreciated. It might have done better, post-Sin City.

On to gigantic turtles: Noone's yet suggested that the turtles be able to fly, by spinning, through the air. This is a very serious omission.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2009, 08:20:38 pm »

Yes they have, Remember, I said it could move through the air like gamera. (spinning)

PS: I enjoyed sky captain and the world of tomorrow.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2009, 08:22:59 pm »

If that car had chromed-out ambulance piping on the top, it would be too good for this earth. 

Yeah, I don't know what happened with the new King Kong. I haven't actually seen it, though, so I won't comment on it. The original King Kong is my dad's favorite movie of all time, though, and it's great.

Have you see Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow? I'm very fond of that movie, and of the old, great, Superman cartoons it was (partly) based on. It's too bad that it wasn't appreciated. It might have done better, post-Sin City.

On to gigantic turtles: Noone's yet suggested that the turtles be able to fly, by spinning, through the air. This is a very serious omission.

Urist: Whats that sound?
Captain: The turtle is gathering energy for its lift off spin! EVERYONE INSIDE!!
Turtle: RAWWWWRRRRR
Captain: HOLD ON FOR YOUR ELF-BLASTED LIVES!!!!
*turtle spins off*
Dwarves: SHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
*Kogan McAxedwarf has died after colliding with an object due to centrifugal force.*

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2009, 08:27:04 pm »

Awesomeness does not kneel to practicality.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2009, 08:50:35 pm »

Urist: Whats that sound?
Captain: The turtle is gathering energy for its lift off spin! EVERYONE INSIDE!!
Turtle: RAWWWWRRRRR
Captain: HOLD ON FOR YOUR ELF-BLASTED LIVES!!!!
*turtle spins off*
Dwarves: SHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
*Kogan McAxedwarf has died after colliding with an object due to centrifugal force.*
Awesomeness does not kneel to practicality.
It never has, and never shall.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2009, 09:44:55 pm »

What happen to a fort on a flying creature if its host decided to do a barrel roll?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8