Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Here  (Read 46152 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Near?
« Reply #540 on: March 17, 2009, 09:12:17 pm »

You still haven't said why you cant just continue the current game, I hate it when people just let stories die.   :(
Indirect macro-scale control is fine, preferable even.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 17, 2009, 09:22:21 pm »

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 17, 2009, 09:38:59 pm »

Hehe yeah, as Inaluct said. I easily could continue it, however I've lost interest.

So, I'll just take a quick vote, who here is interested in having their character persist to the new game, and would like to join in on it? And if so, are you alright with, as Armok put it quite well, macro-scale control which would be easier on me, or would you prefer to take direct control of them?
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 17, 2009, 09:49:20 pm »

I think we all really want the Adventures of Flat and Abronycus.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 17, 2009, 09:57:00 pm »

I'm interested in the next game whether or not my character in this one shows up there.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 18, 2009, 03:03:34 am »

I'd also like to join in on the next game, I like your style. I think I'd like to keep my character, but if it would be better for you, I'll change that.
About macro vs micro control: I don't need to keep total control over what my character does.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 18, 2009, 03:45:45 am »

Ok, Zak will be in the next game. Your style is interesting and is an inspiration to my own RP!

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 18, 2009, 06:59:06 pm »

Bah, I'm awful at keeping secrets ;D

Alright, so the game is basically going to be a game where you rule over an empire. Now that I really think of it, it isn't all that original to the forum games section. But anyways, you play the role as the leader. I'd say king, but what you play as is open to you. King, general, arch-wizard, witch doctor, whatever you like. And from there, you pretty much build up your empire. Construct buildings, develop tools and technology (not that such things have not been discovered, but you and your people don't originally have them/know how to make/use them), raise armies, siege other empires or form alliances, mine the planet dry, etc.

There's a game that recently came out/is coming out that had this next part. Along with running the constructions and managing the empire's laws, regulations, and its people, there are also fairly stereotypical adventurers. While you do not "control" them, you can set up missions for them that you may be otherwise incapable of doing with a large army or people who aren't gifted in using magical equipment. Some missions may simply require that you mention a place, such as mentioning a dungeon that may have treasure in it for the adventurer to raid, but others may need rewards/bounties placed, such as having them go and kill an opposing adventurer or some such. These adventurers will have far more general skills than the ones in the RPG, and their equipment won't be as detailed, but otherwise they are still described in fairly similar ways.

So, that's about all I'll say for now. There's still more being added, and a bit of it might change, but most of what I said is pretty much set in stone by now. The storyline will come when I make the game, as well as specifics for controlling and junk. And if I see any games suddenly pop up with this general theme, I'll dig up Webadict's Flat images and terrorize your souls with horrid gory scenes of death and carnage. And not the good kind.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 18, 2009, 07:12:46 pm »

So...what thread had the elf aids? Was it this?

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 18, 2009, 07:49:45 pm »

No no, that was Armok's thread, A book to be judged by the cover. Err, I'll edit this and put the link in in a second.

Ah, here it is. http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=30321.120

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 18, 2009, 09:19:01 pm »

Hehe yeah, as Inaluct said. I easily could continue it, however I've lost interest.

I amused this was not the case because I THOUGHT YOU WERE A NICE PERSON, apparently I was wrong. >:(
If it isn't interesting enough, change some not-yet-revealed plot elements until it becomes so. The only reason I didn't go into range at the first mention you MIGHT not want to continue it was because I assumed you had a real reason. being bored of it is not a real reason when you have players wanting to continue, I'm sick of games always dyeing.

Bah, I'm awful at keeping secrets ;D

Alright, so the game is basically going to be a game where you rule over an empire. Now that I really think of it, it isn't all that original to the forum games section. But anyways, you play the role as the leader. I'd say king, but what you play as is open to you. King, general, arch-wizard, witch doctor, whatever you like. And from there, you pretty much build up your empire. Construct buildings, develop tools and technology (not that such things have not been discovered, but you and your people don't originally have them/know how to make/use them), raise armies, siege other empires or form alliances, mine the planet dry, etc.

There's a game that recently came out/is coming out that had this next part. Along with running the constructions and managing the empire's laws, regulations, and its people, there are also fairly stereotypical adventurers. While you do not "control" them, you can set up missions for them that you may be otherwise incapable of doing with a large army or people who aren't gifted in using magical equipment. Some missions may simply require that you mention a place, such as mentioning a dungeon that may have treasure in it for the adventurer to raid, but others may need rewards/bounties placed, such as having them go and kill an opposing adventurer or some such. These adventurers will have far more general skills than the ones in the RPG, and their equipment won't be as detailed, but otherwise they are still described in fairly similar ways.

So, that's about all I'll say for now. There's still more being added, and a bit of it might change, but most of what I said is pretty much set in stone by now. The storyline will come when I make the game, as well as specifics for controlling and junk. And if I see any games suddenly pop up with this general theme, I'll dig up Webadict's Flat images and terrorize your souls with horrid gory scenes of death and carnage. And not the good kind.

No, just no. We have BotG for that, we don't need another empire managing game, but we DO need a game like this one has been. By macro control I thought you meant that we wouldn't control every detail of everything, not that we wouldn't control them at all.

I am seriously pissed of at you by now.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 18, 2009, 09:37:54 pm »

Gives Armok a hug.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 18, 2009, 09:40:12 pm »

Then be so. If you can't understand that I may have lost interest in continuing a game, and would rather something less consuming to take my mind off of a few things, after losing a $2000 laptop, losing months of programming work, which happens to be what my career is going to be, and thus my life, being swamped in scholarship application deadlines, fretting about achieving whatever I can in my final year of high school so that my life won't end up being a fast food window operator, and then being hit by most of the people here being upset at my situation, but rather than simply be sad about it, you take it out on me, then there's no reason for me to try to please you. I'm done.

I tried to explain that I was sorry for what I did, that I wanted to make it up to everyone by keeping their characters alive and letting everyone control them directly, or just macro control. And I gave a vote for it, I didn't just make a quick decision. But no. I've just been nice for far too long. I'm sick of these kinds of things occurring, especially over petty things, and even more so over things where I feel I have fairly decent reasoning (see the above paragraph).

Forget the new game. Forget this game. Forget everything I've said. Who gives a crap. I'm just done. I'll give one last sorry here, but that's it.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 18, 2009, 09:41:20 pm »

Gives Vaiolis a hug too.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 18, 2009, 09:42:15 pm »