Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Here  (Read 46140 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2009, 06:14:58 pm »

HOW?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 16, 2009, 06:16:28 pm »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 16, 2009, 06:17:37 pm »

In firefox: Right click on the picture and choose "show picture". Then link to that.
In Internet explorer: I have no idea :P
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 16, 2009, 06:30:23 pm »

Aha, thanks Org ;D should add moar sparklies though, that'll give it that extra zap.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 16, 2009, 07:42:21 pm »

Alright, so for the new mini-RPG, I thought of an idea that I think might be somewhat amusing. So, here's my layout...

In the beginning, there is a single image of a character, as well as his inventory (a series of little images in boxes, such as a dagger, a rope, and a torch or something). One player will play as this character, and will make the first move ( a single move, no chains of moves) with the > and a command (look left, enter door, etc.). After this, I will draw an image of what happens to the one player. However, this image will not be posted...

There will be two sign-up lists. The first person in each of these will be sent my image, and one of them (whoever signed up in the appropriate list) will add a bad thing, such as a trap, or an enemy, or something along those lines, by drawing it in (if it's an invisible/unseen thing, draw what can't be seen in a separate image for when it is revealed, and make a bounding box where it is, as well as perhaps whatever triggers it). The other, who signed up in the good list, adds a good thing, such as a weapon/some other item, a shop, money, friendly character, or, once again, something along those lines (If you want to, make it look like a bad thing, such as drawing a secret lever and a floodgate, but behind the floodgate is actually treasure, not lava. The bad drawer can also make their bad things look like they're good, too). They then send their edited image back to me, I fuse them together, and I post that image to the player. Then we do it all over again, with the second people in the list going.

If the character dies, one of the people in the current top position for doing a good/bad thing gets to take the position. The first of them to post gets the space. If you don't want to be the character, post and say so, and if neither wants to, the option goes up to the second in turn, and so on.

If the good/bad thing interfere with each other (for instance, I draw a door, the bad person makes a lava trap below it, and the good person draws a healing place below it), then the two will fuse into some crazy thing (drawn by me, with parts added in from the drawers), such as healing magma. 'Course, I only draw an image, the character will have to find out for himself what all the badly drawn things are ;)

So, for an example, I post an image of a guy by a cave entrance. Then someone from the first spot of one of the two lists posts, and they tell the character to >go in cave. Inside, I draw a flat floor. The bad guy draws a rope extending across the hallway, as well as a blue box below the ground, and tells me with text it sets off an invisible trap. They send a second image of spikes. The good guy draws a machine gun at the edge of the map, and tells me with text it has no bullets. I then put those things in, and post it. And repeat.

The only thing I'm wondering is, if the good/bad person adds an enemy/friend, should that become another player? Any additions/changes to my ideas are more than welcome.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 16, 2009, 07:47:15 pm »

cool

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 16, 2009, 09:55:04 pm »

Sounds good, I'll draw up a char once I get to it if I remember by then, I have a char idea.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 16, 2009, 10:24:28 pm »

Alright, until then though, I might as well start a list of those joining. And I might as well go the way I've seen in others. So post something in bold if you want to join. Include if you want to be a bad guy or good guy. First come, first to go! List goes on forever though, no limit, so any and all can join in, at any time. And with the artistry I'm going to be doing, no talent is required except for the ability to use a mouse without stabbing yourself. Also, you can only be on one side at a time, so once you finish your turn as a, say, good guy, you can then rejoin as a good guy or bad guy.

Come one, come all! I'll probably add something to the first post to note this change. Won't rid of the first post completely though, since I might have lost all my backup files.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 10:52:05 pm by Vaiolis »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 16, 2009, 10:40:14 pm »

Is this an okay character?

His briefcase is full of useless papers. He survives by his wits.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 16, 2009, 10:42:38 pm »

Any character is perfectly fine. You can be an inert rubber ball if you feel like it. Although, I'll probably ask you people to send me the picture again when we actually start. Assuming enough posts come that I can't find these images again without some searching.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2009, 10:47:54 pm »

I volunteer for the bad things category. If that list becomes popular, I shall switch to the good things list.

"The object in this general area is DRY! Gwahaha!"

Vaiolis: Alright, the good thing: You get a sammich! The bad thing is, IT'S DRY!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG - ∞ spots open for a new mini-RPG!
« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2009, 11:01:34 pm »

If I'm not playing the character, put me down for the Bad Stuff side.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2009, 11:07:39 pm »

If I'm not playing the character, put me down for the Bad Stuff side.

If you want to be the character, go ahead and claim it! Quick, before someone else does :P claiming is open to everyone for the first turn, or at least, it will be until someone decides to go to the good side.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2009, 11:12:34 pm »

I claim the character position!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 16, 2009, 11:13:15 pm »

I'm going to try something:

Image:

o  o
   |  |
 />-----\
|(       |
 \>-----/
 \-|--|-/
   |  |
   o  o

Little bugbot!

I dont think it works well enough, i'll have to make a real image.
Edit: Oh, and if I cant get a char I'll do good stuff.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39