Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Here  (Read 46185 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #255 on: January 26, 2009, 10:00:10 pm »

Wait, did you take parts 2 and 3? I think you weren't supposed to. If you did, that's totally insane, and is just another piece of information making the Mario and Luigi idea viable.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2009, 10:19:58 pm »

Astor got a 9, but only because I purposefully didn't do any real backstory. Then again, I could whip some out and add it, if that is okay. It might make one or two items he has 'special' in some way, but I figure such items have been rather dormant.

But first, Astor is afraid of heights. Not just 'Ah jeez, it sucks that we have to cross this bridge' but 'No. I'm not going. I'll go around.'

Be sure to figure that into your dungeon equations. I think a good ten feet would be enough distance between him and a ledge to allow him to act, but he will be terrified of that ledge. I'm talking of a height of more than what a human can fall without injuring themselves. Mind you Astor can run and jump better than most humans, so he has a one or two foot extra to his range. Even so, a hundred foot drop = personification of evil to him.

Also, very faithful to his family back home. That is the reason he is doing this, to protect them. Thus any temptation will be completely futile on him.

Finally, I kinda want his headband to have some form of dormant effect. Don't tell me what it is Vaiolis, I want you to make one up and hide it from me 'till somebody notes that it is a magic item that needs to be charged/activated. That should properly not break it and add a little flavor to his character.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2009, 10:48:33 pm »

Hehe, of course you can add in a backstory/add to one. And dormant effects are perfectly fine, I'll see (but not reveal) what I can come up with...

Still very busy, lots of studying and such to do. Also met with a person who gave me a tour of the college of my choice's Game Design and Development major course. And still fiddling with getting the text in a Dev-C++ program to have color. Never knew it could be so difficult... but anyways, yeah, no turn tonight, possibly tomorrow or so. We'll see.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2009, 11:19:12 pm »

Strife came up as 57 . . .
It's not my fualt that, in Strife's story, there are no other major characters.
Haha I knew it would...

Astor got a 9, but only because I purposefully didn't do any real backstory. Then again, I could whip some out and add it, if that is okay. It might make one or two items he has 'special' in some way, but I figure such items have been rather dormant.

But first, Astor is afraid of heights. Not just 'Ah jeez, it sucks that we have to cross this bridge' but 'No. I'm not going. I'll go around.'

Be sure to figure that into your dungeon equations. I think a good ten feet would be enough distance between him and a ledge to allow him to act, but he will be terrified of that ledge. I'm talking of a height of more than what a human can fall without injuring themselves. Mind you Astor can run and jump better than most humans, so he has a one or two foot extra to his range. Even so, a hundred foot drop = personification of evil to him.

Also, very faithful to his family back home. That is the reason he is doing this, to protect them. Thus any temptation will be completely futile on him.

Finally, I kinda want his headband to have some form of dormant effect. Don't tell me what it is Vaiolis, I want you to make one up and hide it from me 'till somebody notes that it is a magic item that needs to be charged/activated. That should properly not break it and add a little flavor to his character.
What about riding on Flat? What would that do?

Also... I got a 2... Go figure, huh.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2009, 11:29:52 pm »

What about riding on Flat? What would that do?
That sort of sounds like it would magnify the direness of the situation. As in, change it from Astor sitting and refusing to cross the bridge to Astor screaming and freaking out.

Also, I'd like to request some sort of power/origin for the basalt cubes. My character isn't really supposed to know exactly where they come from, so I figured that I probably shouldn't either. :P

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 26, 2009, 11:40:05 pm »

Hell, you would need to bean Astor with a rock before he rides on Flat in the air. Ropes won't do it, he'll magic his way out. He might not know the right spell, so he will just do a basic electric rage everywhere 'till the height is not a problem. Weather the height problem being resolved will be rough or smooth is no concern of his.

I suppose his fear of heights would stem from living in a very plat landscape, and thus any height would be alien to him. Strange, different, scary.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 26, 2009, 11:47:21 pm »

Hmm... I don't think Flat is really afraid of anything, except the usual "This thing will kill me" sorts of things. And fire. Fire is bad when you can't stop, drop, and roll...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2009, 12:45:16 am »

I'm not sure what Zak would be afraid of. He's an asssassin that takes extreme routes to his targets so no fear of heights, fire, water and that sort of stuff. He kills people so he's not really afraid of things that are alive...

Confined spaces? Nope, he hides a lot so its a natural thing to use small spaces. Bugs? Again no...

Any ideas?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2009, 01:56:39 am »

Open places, or crowds maybe?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2009, 03:54:21 am »

He's an assassin, he likes to use crowds as cover and open spaces seems like an improper fear for him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2009, 09:23:33 am »

I'm not sure what Zak would be afraid of. He's an asssassin that takes extreme routes to his targets so no fear of heights, fire, water and that sort of stuff. He kills people so he's not really afraid of things that are alive...

Confined spaces? Nope, he hides a lot so its a natural thing to use small spaces. Bugs? Again no...

Any ideas?
Why not bugs? Or spiders? Or snakes? Just because he's an assassin doesn't mean he can't particularly be afraid of them. Like Indiana Jones. Just because he hates snakes, doesn't mean he can't function anymore. It just means he does NOT want to be bit by the snake. Or touch it. Or look at it even.

He doesn't even need a fear. I merely added mine because "Fire = Bad." You don't have to worry about fire. You can roll. Flat doesn't have the mental capabilities to NOT freak out, run around squawking, and then eventually get second-degree burns before someone puts him out. Heck, even some people don't have that kind of mental capabilities, and my character has about half of a regular person's thinking abilities. Maybe even less. It's just something to think about.

Also, Flat would never think about the other group unless next to them, or they told him to do something. Which is why he would not have grabbed armor for the whole group. I think the only exception is Abronycus, because Flat likes him.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2009, 10:54:20 am »

How about a fear of sharp flying objects that fly at him? Seems reasonable enough. :P

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2009, 07:41:04 pm »

I've decided that my character fears commitment.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 28, 2009, 11:44:10 am »

Strife fears nuclear war . . .
Even the avatars expire eventually.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 28, 2009, 12:14:04 pm »

Strife fears nuclear war . . .
I disagree. I think he fears his evil twin brother who he must kill for vengeance for his family, who was killed by said twin, who is greater in power due to a similar coat of power and looks exactly the same. This will probably make your Mary Sue score a lot higher.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39