Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Here  (Read 46175 times)

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #240 on: January 24, 2009, 12:11:38 pm »

Other story plot

Wow, what were the odds that a random island I made, and randomly named enemies, would be so similar to something else. I'll say truthfully I've never seen nor heard of this show/episode before, but at the same time since I don't know what the ending is to that episode, this one may very well contain the same thing.

But really though. Ranya, Rahn-ya, bird character, island. Luckily I'm fairly certain Donald was never shot in the wing by an arrow, nor has he pulled an arrow out of someone else who was bleeding profusely.

Anyways, turn was worked on some. Been spending some time with the C++ tutorial for making a roguelike that the topic in Other Games had. I do love my roguelikes. Although as much as I do like them, nobody has died yet. How strange. But yeah, I'm going to be working on my own roguelike as well as other things. Shouldn't affect turn speed, but I like to make conversation here, and two sentences about how the turn is going well and will be done whenever is boring. Well, at least to me ;)
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2009, 03:20:17 pm »

Other story plot

Wow, what were the odds that a random island I made, and randomly named enemies, would be so similar to something else. I'll say truthfully I've never seen nor heard of this show/episode before, but at the same time since I don't know what the ending is to that episode, this one may very well contain the same thing.

But really though. Ranya, Rahn-ya, bird character, island. Luckily I'm fairly certain Donald was never shot in the wing by an arrow, nor has he pulled an arrow out of someone else who was bleeding profusely.

Anyways, turn was worked on some. Been spending some time with the C++ tutorial for making a roguelike that the topic in Other Games had. I do love my roguelikes. Although as much as I do like them, nobody has died yet. How strange. But yeah, I'm going to be working on my own roguelike as well as other things. Shouldn't affect turn speed, but I like to make conversation here, and two sentences about how the turn is going well and will be done whenever is boring. Well, at least to me ;)
I dunno... Both birds have trouble speaking but can understand languages just fine...

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2009, 04:35:17 pm »

It was pretty interesting to open up an old Donald Duck and see them defending themselves against wolves with revolvers. That is, the ducks had revolvers, not the wolves.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2009, 04:39:26 pm »

Haha!

Funny.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2009, 09:40:36 pm »

When's the turn coming?

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2009, 10:38:16 pm »

Doesn't look like I'll be able to finish it tonight, sorry. I should be able to tomorrow, but what with it being regents week, most of my classes are firing out midterms, as well as a few finals, so studying is my primary concern. So, it might be done tomorrow, it might not. I've no idea.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2009, 02:05:22 pm »

Take your time!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 26, 2009, 11:12:52 am »

Happy birthday to Strife, happy birthday to Strife, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to Strife!
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 26, 2009, 12:30:49 pm »

:o

The first time ever that I haven't gotten the update in by a Sunday, and it was the day before Strife's birthday?!

Don't worry I'll add something nice, or at least something, to your turn. We'll go by ADOM's rules and say you get a chunk of extra luck for it being your birthday.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 26, 2009, 06:42:42 pm »

I didn't even mention it here!
Thanks!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 26, 2009, 07:26:30 pm »

Yeah, but its posted RIGHT on the upcoming birthdays list. Heh, Happy Birthday dude.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 26, 2009, 07:32:09 pm »

I know, but still . . .

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2009, 08:35:45 pm »

Happy B-Day Strife! Show em all how to age gracefully!

If thats possible...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 26, 2009, 09:14:26 pm »

I just took this test thingy with my character in this game:

http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm

It has advised me that my character could probably have stuff added to it without being stupid and obnoxious. I am considering a change of eye color to rainbow and adding butterfly wings and telekinetic powers.

Not really, but I scored a 13, even with liberally throwing on the "yeah, well, my impractical helmet looks cool anyway" and "I'd totally be friends with my character." Anyone else feel like taking it and bragging about how "OH WELL I GOT A THREE BEAT THAT INALUCT," and all that good stuff?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 26, 2009, 09:49:21 pm »

Strife came up as 57 . . .
It's not my fualt that, in Strife's story, there are no other major characters.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39