Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Here  (Read 46208 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2009, 12:25:10 am »

No, then there is supposed to be a massive explosion and the way back is blocked. Everyone continues and encounters the final boss. They are defeated, when Strife shows up again and blasts the boss with a railgun, driving it back and giving the party time to escape. Yes, this was taken from Wild Arms 2.
Nah, I don't see Strife as a 'Dramatic Timing' character. That's more of a Flat thing. Or Astor or Gaweir.

Flat would use a Flat Cannon on the bad guy in question, and then tackle the bad guy to stop him or her from finishing the party.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2009, 12:29:22 am »

To tell the truth, I don't really see any of our characters as Dramatic Timing sort of characters. :P

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2009, 12:43:20 am »

Look at it this way, Strife has prewritten plans for that sort of thing.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2009, 12:47:30 am »

To tell the truth, I don't really see any of our characters as Dramatic Timing sort of characters. :P
Shut it, Shaggy!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2009, 01:13:04 am »

Quote from: this is what Shaggy needs to man up and say
NO! I'm sick of you, always hogging the spotlight! Always stealing my serendipitous mystery solutions! I've had enough! Now, it's my turn to solve the mysteries! Perhaps you were wondering about the taste of that Scooby snack you ate yesterday? That bitter, oily taste!? Bitter and oily like your soul! I put a slow acting poison in it, Scooby! It'll cause a cardiac arrest in roughly thirty seconds. Who will doubt that it was an accident? A dog can only live so long, Scooby.

A dog can only live so long, but this mystery will stand forever! They'll never know!!! *insane cackling*

Okay, insanity aside, how fast do you think zombies move in this game? They'd be perfect for "ACK! Go on without me!" last stands.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2009, 01:16:01 am »

Problem is, Strife is annoyingly effective against zombies, nd zombie apocalypses are my purview. It'd be interesting, but maybe a little cliche.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2009, 01:20:53 am »

What about if they're fast zombies? They kind that would actually pose a threat to an unarmed, uninjured person?

How about a zombie whale shark? A fast zombie whale shark?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2009, 03:48:48 am »

Silence before you get us all jinxed and killed!

And the final boss wouldn't even get off a single attack if Zak had his way. It be dead before the party arrives or just as it arrives.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2009, 08:17:07 am »

Why do we even need a final boss? It's not like status is equal to power except for rudimentary things like a shaman/tribe culture. I'm sure whatever this is, there is something bigger than the guys holding characters in dungeons at work. We are all in a dungeon of sorts, trapped under this shield for some reason. Perhaps there is something greater than us all, trapped beneath this shield and volcano, and we must stop whoever is doing wrong here from awakening this thing.

I personally see this as a type of Lavos character, and we are trying to stop Magus from summoning it(Who really wants to kill it).
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2009, 09:13:47 am »

Remember that not all is as it seems. I'm wondering how we got on the island if the shield prevents things coming in. Might have something to do with that jolt that was too powerful to be a wave.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2009, 09:31:20 am »

I thought the shield only stopped things from leaving. Like a one-way thing.

Problem is, Strife is annoyingly effective against zombies, nd zombie apocalypses are my purview. It'd be interesting, but maybe a little cliche.
How effective is he against Rahn inya?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2009, 09:47:47 am »

He better aim well...

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2009, 11:53:58 am »

Oh right. Knew it was one-way, but for some reason the other way. Makes much more sense.
And Zako, Casimir can help with that. See "Flintlock Pistol (long: +accuracy)". Maybe I could get even a siderole as the heroic sidekick shouting "Strife! Catch!", then giving the gun to Flat and hope it doesn't get wet when he uses the Flat Cannon.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2009, 12:50:13 pm »

Flat doesn't digest things in his pouch. It's likely to get a little wet from Flat's esophagus but not a lot.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2009, 01:26:58 pm »

Isn't the pouch officially called the crop?  I remember a Sherock Holmes story which revolved around a blue carbuncle or diamond in the crop of a christmas goose. Which got lost.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39