Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Here  (Read 46214 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2009, 01:24:16 pm »

To tell you the truth, I'm waiting for Vaiolis to just stick the 'heroic' scene into our 'movie'. You know. The scene where it looks like were all going to make it out alive, but theres some ultimate danger, and it requires the last stand of either one, or a few of us for everyone else to live?

That heroic scene.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2009, 01:59:44 pm »

Oh, it will be coming. But first there must be some prison-escaping and artifact retrieving.

I need to make a Problem Sleuth style shit-just-got-real groupshot.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2009, 06:56:42 pm »

To tell you the truth, I'm waiting for Vaiolis to just stick the 'heroic' scene into our 'movie'. You know. The scene where it looks like were all going to make it out alive, but theres some ultimate danger, and it requires the last stand of either one, or a few of us for everyone else to live?

That heroic scene.
You forgot the part where one or more of us make it out of that stand barely alive. It happens you know... Especially if they were barely protected by a power of one of them (Astor casting a simple shield spell, for example). No, likely this 'Heroic scene' will be with the old man.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2009, 07:01:15 pm »

Oh no, Astor is keeping strictly energy. Unless you like having your hair stick out and shoot sparks like a Van De Graff Generator.

Actually, shooting shocks to ward off missiles would be grand. I use the term missile as in flying projectiles, not actual missiles.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2009, 08:24:54 pm »

Boom?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2009, 08:49:45 pm »

I'd like to amend my action. I will do mostly the same thing, but I will also try and observe any wildlife I can find.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2009, 09:01:50 pm »

Why observe the wildlife? What, gonna go aquaman on us? Cause thats Abronychus' job.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2009, 09:17:25 pm »

My character is Abronychus. :P

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2009, 09:17:44 pm »

Ah. Touche.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2009, 11:51:43 pm »

That heroic scene.

That is, of course, Strife's job, you know. Secretly, he's the definition of a martyr without a cuase.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2009, 12:04:50 am »

By saying that, you have almost automatically doomed someone else to martyrdom.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2009, 12:06:36 am »

That heroic scene.

That is, of course, Strife's job, you know. Secretly, he's the definition of a martyr without a cuase.
You have a point. As I see it, it's Strife's job to find some equal adversary and then duel him. guns would blaze and knives would be thrown. You'd eventually be severely injured, while your adversary was completely unharmed, and then you'd use the last of your strength to pull out a random thing from your pocket that kills him.

Either that or you'd yell, "Go on ahead. I'll slow them down!"

Yes, you're the 'Last Stand' type of character.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2009, 12:08:02 am »

Ahhh, but if I was expecting Murphy's Law to kick in and protect Strife from Martyrdom, wouldn't it be forced to reverse and allow Strife to sacrifice himself in some important (and preferably explosive filled) way?

Strife is quite adept at manipulating paradoxes, wot wot.

EDIT: Ninjaed! I'll add that Strife would NEVER throw a knife at someone. Unless it was a throwing knife, then there is a slight chance.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2009, 12:11:54 am »

Either that or you'd yell, "Go on ahead. I'll slow them down!"

And then someone would turn around and go back.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2009, 12:15:13 am »

No, then there is supposed to be a massive explosion and the way back is blocked. Everyone continues and encounters the final boss. They are defeated, when Strife shows up again and blasts the boss with a railgun, driving it back and giving the party time to escape. Yes, this was taken from Wild Arms 2.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39