Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Here  (Read 46211 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2009, 08:42:17 pm »

I guess that I'll tell Xix my life story, that I'm a manifestation of a set of ideals and more or less a demi-god, with among other things, a small sphere into space-time and paradoxes. I'll also mention that the amount of space in my pocket is equal to one 'tile.'

Other than that, try to wiggle the bars to see if they come out. If at first you don't succeed, call in air support. Or brute force. 
Even the avatars expire eventually.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2009, 08:57:03 pm »

I was actually sort of joking when I offered to go on Flat. I wanted to see if anyone would object to someone with -6 to all actions who had just suggested making up convoluted fake identities going and riding around on a giant bird. I'm not complaining, though, since it seems that I'm in the orange wound zone now.

I'll just go with the flow and rest with the group. We could all brainstorm stupid plans.

"Maybe we can convince the Rahn inya that we're actors, and we're there to put on a play. I haven't worked out what we could do after that, but it's a start."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2009, 09:12:36 pm »

While you are doing a good job, I have a minor complaint of Astor. He's a stoic, not terribly sociable guy. I imagine him talking in short, simple, to the point sentences. I see he is to the point, but I wonder how short sentences would work. Not short like: "You Jane. Me Tarzan. Me take rock. Rock go 'woomph!'"

I dunno.

Also, who is the designated leader of the group? Xix seems to have run off somewhere...
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2009, 09:24:53 pm »

Well it is true, when you act weird and unorthodox, you tend to succede when you would have failed if you were acting seriously. It has been proven before, and will almost certainly be proven correct again.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2009, 09:25:51 pm »

Other than that, try to wiggle the bars to see if they come out. If at first you don't succeed, call in air support. Or brute force. 

How are you going to drop me from Flat to break your bars if we're in a dungeon? Though I can try breaking your bars normally, assuming I don't get myself killed...
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2009, 09:35:04 pm »

"Because Xix is currently away, I volunteer myself for the position of leader!"

*Trident wave*

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2009, 09:44:12 pm »

*Trident wave*

I dunno. Honestly, I see Astor as more of the leader. Even more so than Xix.

Explanation: Think of Scooby Doo. While Thelma is the brains behind the entire group, she is not the leader. Fred is.

Astor is Fred, first in command. Gaweir is the support of the commander, much like Daphne. Xix, the brains of the group, is Thelma. Abronycus is obviously Shaggy, who likes to to hang out with Scooby. If you haven't already figured it out, Flat is Scooby, a talking animal that likes to eat.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2009, 09:46:13 pm »

Alright, sorry Duke, I'll fix that up from now on. However, I'm a bit curious about the energy weakness you mentioned. I'm guessing that somewhere I gave that impression, but I don't recall giving one to anybody, nor can I find where. Seriously, I've no idea, where did I imply it, and to whom? I mean, I might have put one in, but I can't find it.

EDIT: at least when I read the above, I feel I sound biting and sarcastic, but I want to clarify I do want to know, and that's all, nothing else. Sorry :-\
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:52:52 pm by Vaiolis »
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2009, 09:56:28 pm »

*Trident wave*

I dunno. Honestly, I see Astor as more of the leader. Even more so than Xix.

Explanation: Think of Scooby Doo. While Thelma is the brains behind the entire group, she is not the leader. Fred is.

Astor is Fred, first in command. Gaweir is the support of the commander, much like Daphne. Xix, the brains of the group, is Thelma. Abronycus is obviously Shaggy, who likes to to hang out with Scooby. If you haven't already figured it out, Flat is Scooby, a talking animal that likes to eat.

Yeah, that was more of that semi-serious "oh look no one is saying anything" volunteership. ;D

Anyway, that's actually a great group analogy.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2009, 10:10:44 pm »

When you have the, eer, gnome describe magic, you list the elements and their opposites except for energy, where you seemingly cut off and say "Energy to... well you get my point" I always figured that was jab at my character, keeping me from knowing the secrets of your world that relate to Astor 'till I figure it out in a disastrous failure. To be fair, I looked forward to it. Often in roleplays people use non in-character information. Astor knows nothing of the weaknesses of his study, and thus I should not know either.

Wait, Astor the leader? I intended him to be a lone hunter forced into a group. Huh. I suppose he would be a leader, but he won't have any particular experience in it. Perhaps talent, but not 'till he has worked well enough into it.

Alright, Astor will kick this group into action after the next turn. Might want to include something about Astor getting pissed about nothing happening for their friends by now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2009, 10:22:12 pm »

Ahhh right that, yes. Thank you, it was seriously bugging me >.<
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2009, 10:30:30 pm »

Wait, Astor the leader? I intended him to be a lone hunter forced into a group. Huh. I suppose he would be a leader, but he won't have any particular experience in it. Perhaps talent, but not 'till he has worked well enough into it.
That's how leaders tend to work. They either start out as leaders or loners. Clearly, you're the loner type, which gives you less of a caring relationship with people and more of a calculated thinking personality. Utilize people's strengths and weaknesses and what not. Of course, this is usually the main purpose of Xix, as she takes care of the busy work. Thinking about it, you actually don't do anything but motivate the group and prevent us from dying, while working with Xix. We, on the other hand, go about doing what we feel like with little care of the consequences. You guys have to shape us up.

And now, with Xix gone, you have to take full control of the group. Of course, you'll need a replacement Xix, which will probably be Gaweir, as he was already second in command. He won't fulfill any of her normal duties, but he serves as a second opinion.

Also, I forgot about Zak, but he's like the backup guy. It's unfortunately true, I'm afraid. Think of him as the scout. He can fight on his own, but he isn't the fighter.

I woulda said Gaweir was the leader, but he's more of the brawn of the group. Abronycus is the odd funny one. He needs to have more (mis)adventures with Scooby Flat.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2009, 03:27:15 am »

Y'know, reading that gives an impression of dark and bad. You know, when you're watching a movie and the music stops. (Then the characters look at each other, and boom.)

Seeing as the desk has more to offer to people who use magic than to me, I'll leave that to Dux and Thalmid. I will see if there's anything usable as tools or telescope-components, probably on the lower floors. Can't hurt to ask how exactly this telescope works, either.
"So, we need to get some magic items from a place filled with the people who captured us? Well, as you told us, you're quite a capable fighter against them, Thalmid. And Dux, you could likely scare them to death, even with disregarding your magic. As for me, *loads pistol*
That is, unless it is possible to sneak in."

(One thing. Did we all (all players) know eachother on this ship? Or were there many more people so we never got to know each other and now simply assume they all drowned? Do we (Dux and me) know "that wolf guy and shady looking one", as mentioned by Thalmid?)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 03:59:39 am by Vlynndar »
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2009, 06:20:26 am »

What does everyone think of Zak? His role in the group? Him overall? Let loose.

Zak takes a walk around looking for tracks and noting direction, all the time trying to learn how to heal faster.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2009, 09:35:17 am »

I take the five scrolls, the pen and inkwell, the chisel and the tome. I also page through the tome to see what is written within. I then head down and wait on the bottom floor. If I have some more time before the others come down I look around for to see if there are any useful things there.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39