Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Here  (Read 46139 times)

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 10:39:35 pm »

Sorry, no turn tonight, a while too late to finish it. Might get a bit of work done on it though. Tomorrow might work out, little to nothing expected. I still feel sick however, so work will be slower.

And Strife, for the abilities of your trench coat, I'd really like to have them all possible, however I think I'll put in some sort of limiting device on it. Could be as simple as a specially designated skill for using your trench coat, with higher skill levels giving you what you want more often, or it may become a luck roll. Or something completely different.

As an idea, courtesy of Golgath, the guns you remove could be treated as "energy" weapons, so that while you can use them for a limited time, they will eventually need to be put back in the coat to "recharge," otherwise they may start to get bad side-effects, such as increased backfire, decreased accuracy and damage, to possible damage to the weapon. Possibly some sort of side-effect from the breaking of the laws of physics. Along with this, constant item removal/generation could take a bit of energy from you each time, so that one or two will have little effect, but constant use may tire you out.

So, to further it a bit, perhaps you'll have two handguns, one M15 Officer's pistol, and one M14. The handguns will stay charged for an extended duration, say 12 hours, and may only take around an hour to recharge, the M15 recharges slower, perhaps at around 2 or 3 hours, and loses its charge quicker, within 8 hours, or 6, and the M14 takes an excessive amount of time to recharge, around 10 or 12 hours, and may lose its charge after a single hour. Bullets and knives can be infinite, but that small energy drain will take effect, and be more prominent with larger withdrawals.

For others using the guns, I'll probably make it allowed, however the farther away from Strife and his coat they get, the less accurate they become. At some limit, they'll be like the axe that hit Xix's staff, and be pulled back to Strife. I'll also probably make it so that the guns can only be used while Strife is wearing the coat.

That work for you, Strife? Any complaints/suggestions/questions? Should balance itself out pretty well, I think.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2009, 10:44:24 pm »

The fireball could be a flare sent either by the village or the Rahn inya for help, or it might be something more sinister. Either way, my character can't see it.

Also, it occurs to me that Flat should probably grab some of the more awesome armors in the store. We could use them, and I'm sure that the proprietor would want us to. You know, to avenge his death and the deaths of everyone he has ever held dear?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2009, 07:46:46 am »

Works for me Vaiolis.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2009, 01:11:00 pm »

Next Turn:

I shirk off everything again, in sort of an annoyed manner. I use my Focus Spell again, and attempt to reconnect with my mind to find out what that vision meant. Or perhaps encounter a different such vision. Either way, I'm resting while I do so, and perhaps while I rest, I'll come upon information that I can USE. Rather then vivid visions with sketchy information.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:14:27 pm by WorkerDrone »

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2009, 09:15:07 am »

Still sick, worse than before actually. Took the day off today because of that. With nothing to do but rest, I'll probably get some work done on the turn, if not finish it by tonight.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2009, 09:43:27 am »

Some kind of flu? Get well soon.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 03:55:50 pm »

I was inspired by Inaluct to provide some info about my character. Not a fantastic backstory though, I'm posting pictures of some of Casimir's equipment.

Too bad I only found a good picture of his firearm and compass.

Pistol:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Compass:
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 04:55:24 pm »

Get better soon Vaiolis!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 04:59:11 pm »

Hey look! It's Astor!

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 05:25:11 pm »

Spoiler: Dux Inferi (click to show/hide)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 05:47:55 pm »

Closest thing to what Flat looks like:

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2009, 05:56:21 pm »

I thought flat was yellow for some reason.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2009, 06:14:15 pm »

I thought flat was yellow for some reason.
He is, but there doesn't seem to be ANY birds in existance that are yellow with a blue head and a white stomach...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2009, 06:50:30 pm »

Beginning to feel better now, and thanks to Strife and Vlynndar. Not too much time to write tonight, what with all that I missed while I was sick, but I should get a bit more done.

Also, perhaps it's because the other two pictures look like more epic people, but webadict, your image of Flat makes me laugh :D

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2009, 07:42:40 pm »

If I had gotten here three posts ago, I would have posted a picture of Micheal Phelps. Woe is inaluct.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39