Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Poisoned Bolts and Weapons  (Read 2286 times)

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: Poisoned Bolts and Weapons
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 09:31:13 pm »

The only way Quality would be involved in poison is two

1) If "Diluting" was involved
or
2) If Breeding was involved
Or the reverse, if you must refine the poison or alter it in some way to turn it into a usable form.

As opposed to poison-arrow frogs, iirc.
It's called, Poison DART Frog.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 10:03:17 pm »

Accepted alternate name. Or formerly-fa'ored name. It has been correct at least once.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:07:39 pm by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Zulaf

• Bay Watcher
  • Am I learning, or do I only think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 04:35:02 pm »

I dont think this should go in yet, it seems to me to be to small of a detail and could have a big impact of the fort to bother with till there's a better management system or maybe user interface or... something.
It just seems to me it would probably end up being like decorating stuff with gems, you wanted that stack of *Steel Bolts* to get the poison but instead that silver sword that you use for training got it and now you only have one sword dwarf left while the rest of your soldiers are dieing in agony.

superdwarvenly tough dwarves should be able to absorb the venom and shoot it out of their tear ducts. (they don't use them for anything else!)

Dr. McNinja? =P
WIERD 2-5-6-8-9-14

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 08:03:45 am »

Person Epic - " I modified this crossbow to shoot 150 cal Explosive Piercing Rounds"

This is one of the most awesome statements ever.  ;D

Oddly enough, I think we're getting this in the next big update. Boiling molten blood was a test piece - having a material that bursts into flames/explodes should be easy to arrange.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 08:20:39 am »

Person Epic - " I modified this crossbow to shoot 150 cal Explosive Piercing Rounds"

This is one of the most awesome statements ever.  ;D

Oddly enough, I think we're getting this in the next big update. Boiling molten blood was a test piece - having a material that bursts into flames/explodes should be easy to arrange.

I don't know, but let's hope so. I guess this is related to Req359 maybe?
Req359, CONTAMINANT TEMPERATURE EFFECTS, (Future): Most importantly, metals that melt over creatures should have an effect, but the temperature of contaminants isn't currently stored.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 08:26:34 am »

So what does that mean? that it'll actually hurt when molten copper gets splattered onto somebody?

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 04:51:26 pm »

So what does that mean? that it'll actually hurt when molten copper gets splattered onto somebody?

Yep, exactly.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 07:31:46 pm »

also, that if you have an "unstable" material that will burst into flame on contact with something the temperature of a creature's BLOOD, but reamain fine at lower room temperatures (or maybe just on the glacier you live on?)... well isn't that just a wonderful exploding arrow, then? (unless you're up against zombies. damn zombies with their "lack of body heat")

currently - not possible.
with update - seems like it might be.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 [2]