Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64413 times)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #765 on: February 02, 2009, 10:30:25 am »

(I didn't realize that it carried such importance, I thought it was just a regular artifact.

Also, in a few hours I will give out new PP, if you have any left I suggest you spend it before then.)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 02, 2009, 12:01:00 pm »

(no, its not even an artifact. i started the game with it, its basically a part of me. otherwise, i wouldnt mind so much.

and no PP left for me)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 02, 2009, 12:14:19 pm »

(And so a new cycle begins! Or something... Anyways, more PP!

Same to everybody as last turn.

And the following gods have disappeared from the world due to inactivity: Vogarmenn, The Old One, Undaparo, Etom Enol and Berridan. If you wish to enter the game again you'll have to send in an application to me, and if nobody has taken your old spheres you will be let back into the game.)

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 02, 2009, 04:41:18 pm »

(( I will write in-character soon, but I have quickly come to realize that I am behind on what all has happened... gemchildren? outer clans? what, precisely, has been created since I left? Last I left, Primordia was a nearly barren rock with some water, my little microbic creatures, and that was about it... It seems civilizations have already long existed. O.O))
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:43:22 pm by StrikeTheSand »
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 02, 2009, 05:12:33 pm »

(I shall try to sum it up, I will probably forget something though:

Creatures:
Gemchildren - creations of Zyenild, beings of magic, lives in caves underground.
Demons - Slaves of Yaven'Gan, dwells within his plane, Nessus.
Keepers of Lotan - Slaves of Yaven'Gan, tasked with maintaining Lotan, the largest sun.
Dragons - Weaker descendants of the Keepers, slaves of Yaven'Gan.
Humans - Creations of The Old One, lives on the surface.
Narrians - Servants of Wayock, the god of war. I am unsure if they are theri own race or not.
Various animals have been created by the different gods.
Apep - The (currently) deceased avatar of Yaven'Gan.
Erif - The exarch of the Narrians.
Fan-Hondak - Exarch of the Gemchildren.
Avatar of Zyenild - The avatar of Zyenild (duh :P)
Stonekin - Servants of Tevorak.
Stoneworms - Rockworms who eat stuff, created by Tevorak.
The four horsemen of corruption - Avatars of Insurgo, created to corrupt the other races.

Stellar objects:
Lotan - The largest sun, created by Yaven'Gan.
Nal - The smaller sun, created by the god of fire.
Stars - Created by Zyenild, they are responsible for upholding the flow of magic.

Planes: Many gods have their own planes, the most important are:

The Underworld - where the dead go.
Nel'ulos ethereal plane - a transportation route for those who die on Primordia, goes to the underworld.

Various artifacts.

That's all I can think of right now.)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 02, 2009, 05:26:12 pm »

(Before I quit, I made a race called Axiom's Creations 0.5, which was only half as perfect as Axiom's original Creations. Sadly, I never acutally got to use them, but somebody should at least. I used up 3 PP to made those creatures!)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 02, 2009, 05:36:01 pm »

(Right, and Axiom's original creations left with him IIRC. I also forgot to mention that nobody can truly die anymore, they just leave their physical bodies and go to the underworld.)

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 02, 2009, 05:55:59 pm »

(Thank you. I will post IC shortly. ^^)
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 02, 2009, 07:12:23 pm »

"My stonekin, as of now, your attempts to rattle the hold of Yaven'Gan have proved unsuccessful. You shall build cities, as the humans do, to bolster your strength. Incorporate the white wurms into the construction of these underground cities. Use them as gaurds, as meat, and as beasts of labor. The wurms will remain calm and docile to those who exemplify the strongest of the stonekin, who will be called wurm masters.

Take not from the earth that which you do not need, as it will only detriment you. Return to the earth that which you have no need of. Spread these ideals among the other races of Primordia, but remain cautious toward the humans."

Guide populace (2PP)

Even with the new advancements, Tevorak became uneasy.

"I sense the stirring of nothingness. The voidlings are becoming more pronounced."
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 02, 2009, 07:33:35 pm »

((Also, you missed my fungus-like creations. The ones sitting immobile in the depths of the earth, waiting for the day when they will inherit all of Primordia.))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 03, 2009, 03:04:33 am »

((7PP e: no wait 6PP))
Continued...

"Please give up this folly! There is no proof that Wayock exists, has ever existed nor that if he did exist he was a god. All we have are myths! The God-King-Emperor is real, something you can see! A physical person, one of us! Please come back with us!"

A few coughed. But Wayock walked up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I've... Been living under a rock for a few years, how is this God Emperor?"

"A hundred years after the supposed exodus of all the warriors a warlord came out of a small town and conquered the whole of Nar. It is obvious he is a god, for no one other than him could do it. His name was Ockyaw. Now his descendant is still God-Emperor, a re-incarnation of his father, of all his fathers, all of them grand."

Wayock started chuckling.

"Go back to him, no one here will follow you. Go back to this 'god emperor' and tell him. I challenge him for his rule, he has a year to come get me here, if not I'm coming for him."

All who were there turned their backs and went back to working on the Palace.

To be continued...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:15:03 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 03, 2009, 06:10:24 am »

((6PP))

It had been a few months since the merchants came, everything but the glass dome of the throne room was completed. In his study Wayock was working on a project, that was finished! It was a shield, made from the ice at the bottom of the largest glacier in Nar. But he had some left over, so he created  the ultimate armor. It was simple plate suit, engraved with magnificent pieces of art. The shield was called Rna and the armor was called Nar. He wore both, he was ready.

Soon there was a knock at the door, Wayock was in his full regalia, Arn, Nar and Rna.

"Come in."

It was Erif.

"Sir. I was wondering, do you think this false god emperor will come?"

"I'm fairly sure, Narrians are brought up with competitiveness as one of the most important qualities to have - and winning is even better."

There was suddenly a horn blown, and Wayock look out of his study towards the northern approach. There were about 9 fortress in a 3x3 cube, about 100 metres from all surrounding them.

"Ah, and here he is, gather the troops Erif... Lets go on a raid. Select about 100...  Oh. He seems serious."

The god-emperor, Ockyaw, had fielded an army of about 60,000 three times the maximum fielding of Wayock. Although, Wayock can only field 15,000.

A few weeks earlier.

The head merchant was kneeling at the foot of a stairs leading up to the throne of the false god-emperor.

"My lord! I came back from the new settlement, none wanted to come back, I saw about 20,000 max. However their.. Leader said something you might want to hear.

H... His message was that, he is challenging you for your crown."

"HA! WHAT AN INSOLENT FOOL! CAN HE THINK HE CAN CHALLENGE MY MILLIONS OF SOLDIERS?! I HAVE NEVER LOST A BATTLE. Hmm.. I'll send about 60,000. Infact, I'll lead the army myself."

Back to Present Time

All of the visible warriors were hiding in the wooden fortresses, however a raid by Wayock earlier stole a few weapons and food. Wayock led a thousand warriors out onto the field.

Ockyaw, seeing this opportunity, ordered a charge. But Wayock led his troops away, splitting up into the fortresses. They continued charging, nearly reaching the fortresses before Wayock yelled.

"NOW!"

The snow beneath the fortresses started to move, when something beneath the snow lurched upwards, it was the third, and largest, mount of Wayock. In the distant the steady rhythm of beating wings was heard, and the pit-pattering of feet upon snow. Until they came into sight, the large wolves were to the north, the giant muskoxen were to the south and the dragon wolves above...

"Check. Mate."

To be continued...

((Create Artifact - Rna 3PP 3PP left. Create Artifact - Nar 3PP 0PP left.))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 03, 2009, 06:33:18 am »

((Ockyaw? Spent your last imaination points? Whatever. Can Insurgo aid this false god-emperor in any way? Sounds like fun))

"So, so, the people, right, they all, like, stopped. Cos, cos, Zyenild, like, made them. AND NOW THEY'RE ALL DEAD!"
The flesh eater slithered.
"He's right, guv. If they were dead, they'd be down here."
Insurgo sighed.
"Yeah, you're right. But still, my point is, the reason, right, the reason I lost, is that Zyenild has his own people."
Slither slither. Slither, slither slither?
"Of course, if I had people, I'd be invincible. Or, something. They'd be like, better than alllll the other peoples."
"With dissembodied voices"
Slither slither.
"Yeah, they'd be awesome."
He stood up unsteadily.
"Where you going?"
"Supply depot, gonna get some clay."
Long Live United Forenia!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 03, 2009, 09:01:34 am »

The Avatar of Zyenild roamed the world of Primordia, leaving the gemchildren to act and think a bit more idependently for once. The rebels were not completely gone, and probably never would be, but they were now quite insignificant. Just more petty criminals in the eyes of the Empire of the Shining Deeps, as Fan-Hondak had decided to call the now almost completely unified clans under his rule, naming himself Enlightened One

The Empire's soldiers marched through the cities in their gem-studded metal armor, keeping the peace and stopping any criminal activities. The markets teemed with activity, now that different clans with different resources could much more readily trade. Even the arcane research flourished, as students flocked to the newly built academies of magic built in the capital city, the Diamond Citadel, which the Gemchildren built using some of the designs stolen from Insurgo's defeated base and their own magic.

The Gemchildren, now unified, had entered a Golden Age, at a time when the surface dwellers were in great strife and war for many generations. But nothing lasts forever...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 03, 2009, 12:58:15 pm »

Yaven'Gan was watching one of his demons train some of the human soldiers, they were not nearly as well trained or as physically fit as the demons but they were still some of the finest fighters on Primordia. He thought back on how he had created the demons to be the greatest warriors in all of creation. Then he thought of how he had created the demons, and an idea came to him.

He sent out the legion to get him the materials he would need.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61