Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64393 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #840 on: February 09, 2009, 04:14:20 am »

"Nope."

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 09, 2009, 04:27:10 am »

"Very well then. Troops! Take the food and move out!"
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 09, 2009, 05:59:48 am »

And lo; it did occur that Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa went forth to rage against Yaven'Gan, but lo, Insurgo did not join the battle. For he had seen that many were dying, as lotan, the great sun of Primordia had fallen. Whilst the other gods went forth to slay the fleeing Demon, Insurgo did sneak out of the underworld; and saw the surface in shadows.
And Insurgo did wail, for he could not see a way to obtain the fires he needed to warm the world.
But Insurgo did turn his eye unto the skies, and saw there Primordia's second sun, and he did think; why doth that sunlet not warm thys world?
And he looked unto the world; and saw what mortals could not; thee permafrost spiders, created long ago to keep the world from burning. And Insurgo did take the spiders; and removed all but two from the world; one on the top; and one on the bottom. And now the tiny sunlet could keep the world just warm enough to let mortals live; yet the two spiders did stop the world from melting.
And lo, the world was saved, till the time that lotan could be remade.

(1PP: Slay some beasties, save the world!)

And then Insurgo went unto the Corrupted; who were fearfull in these dark times; and did speak; "My children, the light of lotan may be long time returning. For though it is not yet time, I shall open unto you the underworlds, where creatures do not live of light, but of the earth."
And so Insurgo did tell the Corrupted to stand only on the border of their lands. They thousands did circle the forest, balanced upon the edge, and Insurgo did travel to the middle, where a small pebble lay.
Insurgo grasped the pebble in it's bed of forest mulch, and pulled. He pulled with all his might, and slowly, the pebble did begin to rise. But not the pebble alone rose, but with a rumbleing, the ground around it rose. Deep beneath the earth, Gemchildren panicked as tunnels sealed, and new tunnels appeared. Straining, Insurgo pulled the pebble, and it rose far into the sky, trailing a peak of rock beneath it. Insurgo pulled and pulled, and the Corrupted stared as from the center of their lands a mountain rose. The mountain rose untill the Corrupted stood in it's foothills, and then Insurgo did tie the pebble to the sky, and returned to the surface. With a gesture, a tunnel appeared into the mountain, and the corrupted on his side gasped, for there, in a mass of glowing rubble, lay Insurgo's citadel, shunned by the gemchildren for it's antimagical properties.
The corrupted swarmed forwards, and Insurgo showed them the ways of the underground, and soon they had settled in the ruins of his fortress.

((Shape land (moderate)(2PP): Pull Insurgo's Citadel from the underworld (As in, the tunnels, not the dead people). The rear entrance is still attached to the underworld (tunnels)
Teach populace (1PP): The basics of underground life. Nothing special, they'll figure most of it out themselves.

1PP left

Now come on people, what did Jay ever do to you? Apart from, you know. Take over the world. He's run off, and probably won't try anything that rash again for a while. Let there be peace among gods. I do not consider Jay's world-conquest godmodding, it was a fair try. Now of course, the gods are more wary, and trying such a thing again might be a little more irritating. But the game is no fun if you try to keep one player from ever doing anything ever again because he did some evil role playing.))
Long Live United Forenia!

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 09, 2009, 06:15:38 am »

(Haha, Apura's intent, at least, isn't to keep him from doing anything ever again. It's to force him into some kind of rehabilitation, seeing as after he was beaten, it took no time at all for him to attempt to conquer the world again. A little RP other than pure world conquest would be nice!)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 09, 2009, 06:52:59 am »

(He had an opportunity to claim large parts of the world without fighting, and he took it. Just common sense really...)

Yaven'Gan stabbed his black spear forward, and a hole appeared in the fabric of space. He said to the two gods: "This is a one-way portal back to Primordia. Now you can leave."
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 09, 2009, 10:23:14 am »

((I used 6PP to seal you inside a mountain. The next turn, you basically ignored it. :P))

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 09, 2009, 11:18:14 am »

((Since Jay likes ignoring other's actions so much, such as he did with the 6PP-costing-mountain-prison and the mortal imprisonment, i'll ignore his sealing off his plane too))

And Zyenild saw the heavens were reached by a great tower, spanning all the planes. Through this tower, both the gods Ur and Wayock had passes to Nessus and none came back, the demon-world portal closing behind them. It seemed they might require some aid.

Summonning the Archamgus's Staff, without asking Fan-Hondak as time was of the essence, Zyenild hurried to the tower. Using the seesnce of magic embedded in it, the very essence of the stars themselves, which he had created and thus so expertly knew how to command, Zyenild didnt rip through Nessus's anti-portal defenses. No, he simply teleported past them, without bothering to create a portal to Primordia.

((2PP used))

Now, Zyenild appeared behind the two other gods bent on Yaven'Gan's destuction. His staff proudly held high, glowing of the light of a thousand stars, he lept forth with the other gods at Yaven'Gan and at the very fabric of Nessus.

((1PP attack, my bonus is +8. then, I use my remaining 4PP to seal off Yaven'Gan inside a dark diamond far harder than any material having ever existed.))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 09, 2009, 11:40:55 am »

(So you think I should sit around and do nothing for the rest of the game?)

Yaven'Gan simply looked at Zyenild and said sarcastically: "Had I known that so many would come I would have prepared a feast. But you are not welcome here, leave."
And he waved his shield, making all entry into Nessus for anyone but himself impossible.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 09, 2009, 12:00:08 pm »

(No, we're saying you should do something other than attempt world domination for a while.)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 09, 2009, 12:05:50 pm »

((Also, you might want to try not overriding everything that everyone else does. Suddenly, you're back to 8PP right after you get turned into a mortal and sealed inside a mountain. You probably shouldn't be the one distributing the PP. I'm in favor of you being sealed inside the gem, by the way.))

Yaven'Gan is sealed inside the gem - 2 votes
Yaven'Gan is not sealed inside the gem - 1 vote

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 09, 2009, 12:56:24 pm »

"Zynelid, Wayock, Ur! Yaven'Gan has been adequately punished for his misdeeds, if you could call them that. I would suggest bolstering our attempts at defending from his assaults rather than  attacking him. The demon-king may be powerful, but two gods could easily bring him to the ground. I would recommend giving life and order to Primordia. I call for a meeting at the arbiter's grounds."

"Insurgo... Thank you for slaying some of the permafrost spiders. I would not have thought to kill them to reduce the cold. My stonekin could barely handle it themselves."

The stone-kin marched across the wasted surface world, occupying deserted human cities. The few surviving humans would be accepted into stone-kin society if they pledged fealty to an earthen-lord, or even became earthen-lords themselves. Those who retaliated violently were fed to the wurms.

((I'm proposing a new rule. If you are defeated in battle, you may spend no PP the next round. Sound good? It should eliminate some of the chaos. Not that chaos is a bad thing :P. BTW, Yaven'Gan doesn't rule the world anymore. He just wasted it. That's why I'm taking advantage of this.))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:07:23 pm by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 09, 2009, 01:28:49 pm »

The God of Progress walks in, scowling "It is becoming quite obivous that...this 'war' will continue forever.

See, gods are immortal, and as long Yaven'Gan cannot die, Yaven'Gan will continue to...shift...the world his way.

And why? Because Yaven'Gan wants power. He's wasting his strength to fight this 'war', and you, you are wasting your strength fighting back. We're both immortal, we can't die.

What you want to do? Beat the guy up so that he won't be able to do anything for 1 cycle? How about 1,000 cycles? It won't matter. We'll just expand our plots. We'll have conspiracies spanning entire millenia. Let us be clear, fighting is pointless.

By the way, is the underwater volcano destroyed? If so, then I bet my Exarch was harmed in the process. So I hate Yaven'Gan, make no mistake.

But I want this 'war' to end.

And I know that this 'war' won't end in this universe. But I believe that, far off, there may be another universe, a universe where you Gods do understand the situation and begin to work together to establish justice, instead of hating each other.

I hereby create that universe into reality, in the hope that these other Gods may one day come to our universe and teach us."

(3 PP, Create Concept: Parallel Universes.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:31:51 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 09, 2009, 04:16:35 pm »

Yaven'Gan spoke to the three gods before him: "Do you still think that I wish dominion over Primordia, and the destruction of all life? I do not, that was a foolish thing, and I did not think it through. I thrive on conflict, and if all the world is united under one ruler no conflict is possible.

I am sure that we can come to an agreement. I propose the following:
I shall not attack you or your servants, unless they encroach upon or attack my lands. I expect the same from you. Furthermore I shall not enter your lands with violent intentions. I also swear to never enslave any creature that is your servant.

Do you accept these terms?"

While the gods were speaking group of demons and humans left through the one-way portal created by Yaven'Gan. They numbered around 10,000. They were headed to Khaven, the ruined desert town, to rebuild it in the name of their lord. They got there within a few days and started to work, the town was in quite good condition and soon they could live there. But the surrounding lands were not suitable for agriculture, and they had to struggle to survive.

(Servant Corps, that might not have been the best idea ever. Bad things are going happen...
And your underwater volcano is as it has always been: Mostly Harmless :P)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 09, 2009, 04:20:08 pm »

As Yaven'Gan finishes speaking, the Lord of the Underworld's voice is heard. He is whispering, but his voice is being broadcast inappropriately loudly, and is clearly audible to everyone in the vicinity.

"PSSSSSST, IT'S A TRAP. DON'T DO IT"

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 09, 2009, 04:31:28 pm »

"Who was that? Ah... the king of the underworld."

Yaven'Gan stabbed his spear into the air, and pulled open a small window, in it Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa's face could be seen. He looked at him: "Now we can speak. It is no trap, nor is it part of some secret plan. I simply think that this war between us gods has gone on for long enough."
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 61