Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64398 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #825 on: February 08, 2009, 05:12:08 pm »

The Lord of The Underworld watched from his desk. He scratched his chin.

"I've had fucking enough of this."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa sealed off The Underworld from Primordia. From now on, all entries and exits would require the approval and participation of both he and Nel'ulos, and he would never let Yaven'Gan in. Although it would mean that he would have to evaluate every entrant to the afterlife, lest they spend eternity in dark emptiness, it would be worth it. The Baron of Cold called the other gods to him and made his proposal:

"It is eminently clear that Yaven'Gan is not going to drop this bullshit. I say you guys go kill all of the beings you care about, and we can rebuild the world inside these vast, glorious caverns. I'd be more than willing to let you make some small personal worlds inside the Underworld. It would be cool; mortals could spend all of their lives inside a world, but they might also be able to journey into the Underworld and find another plane. Not only would it be an opportunity for excitement, it gets rid of our Yaven'Gan problem."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa places his hands on his desk.

"What do you think?"

((Jay, this is getting ridiculous. Only a few turns ago, a large group of gods turned you into a mortal. One turn ago, I ripped out your tongue and sealed you inside a mountain under a freezing ocean. Now, one turn after that, you're suddenly and inexplicably back to being the most powerful person in the game, and you rule the world. If I can get the other gods to go along with what I envision, you'll basically be out of the game, short of more godmodding.))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:17:47 pm by inaluct »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 08, 2009, 08:29:40 pm »

((Actions for this turn:
Reclaim magic fishing hook of star throwing from Erif. 2 PP in limbo, depending on if this involves dropping a mountain on the poor guy or not. Up to Wayock on that.
3PP: Finish tower, thus turning Jotun into the first Exarch of Ur.
1PP: Solo Yaven'Gan in Nessus using +11 bonus
RP post later.
))

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 08, 2009, 09:27:11 pm »

Apura so wanted to restore the light to Primordia, but it was not her duty to do so. Some other would step up. She, instead, increased the capacity for the foliage lining the lunar surface in the dimness to produce light, heat, and other forms of energy. Not only would these sustain the Moon Children, but they would brighten Primordia's nights, as well.

(Nourish Land: 1 PP.)

Muttering darkly to herself, she created a suit of armour from the finest silvery materials, delicately patterned with images of ferns and brambles, empowered with the ability to reflect back the powers of her foes... Or 'foe', rather.

(Create Artifact: 3 PP)

"It is time we went a step further. I summon all gods with a shred of wit or wisdom to attack Yevan'gan--not his mortal form, but his existence. Nessus will be collapsed into nothingness by our combined efforts, regardless how he hides himself, and surrounds himself with beings who cannot match bacteria for either brains or courage. He is a bane to all creation, including himself, and I daresay nonexistence would be an improvement to his own welfare." Apura scanned around the borders of space, searching for weaknesses.

(1 PP: Attack 'Yevan'gan' to destroy Nessus, when sufficient support has accrued.)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 08, 2009, 09:32:42 pm »

((Grek, Ur can have his hook back.))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 08, 2009, 09:39:56 pm »

"Although I still like the idea of multiple tiny worlds inside the Underworld, I'll help attack Yaven'Gan again."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa stands up from his desk. He looks very dramatic.

"But this time..."

He picks up a very menacing staple remover from his desk. Made of twisted black iron, it seems to glow with an unholy light.

"I'm bringing something special."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa pockets the staple remover and hefts his Hook and Mattock.

((3PP - Create Artifact Weapon - Staple Remover of Menace (It not only removes staples, it removes hope)))
((1PP to attacking Yaven'Gan. Total attack power=9.))
((The Underworld is still closed.))

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 08, 2009, 09:55:04 pm »

((Excellent.))

Jotun returned with many piles of demonic bones just before Lotan vanished, plunging the world into darkness. Ur glared upwards and said, "There is not much time. I will summon the Urettes to build the tower. I will return to complete it, but first I must go off and take care of something." And so He did.

Ur went to the mortal Erif and said, "I require the hook that I gave you long ago back. There is fishing to do." Erif saluted and allowed Ur to have the hook.

The Urettes had worked quickly. Within the day, the tower was constructed and only in need of enchantment. Ur brought Jotun to the top of the tower and worked the magics needed to fuse the essence of the God of Wind and Travels, the bones of the dead legions, Ur's own divine power and the powers of the stars into a enchantment. The tower rose into the sky and expanded, reaching through the world, into Ur's realm and beyond, forming a gateway into the other planes. ((2PP: Create portal leading to other planes. Anyone with sufficent power can move it to lead between here to wherever they want. Right now, it's pointed at Nessus.))

"Jotun, you shall be the King of the Sky. You shall rule the air and the wind and the firmament as Erif rules the lands and the kingdom upon them. You will call down the stars, send forth the winds and the rains, or withhold them as you choose within your lands, beholden to none but Myself and the Gods. So it is spoken and so it shall be."

And with that, Ur and Jotun went to face Yaven'Gan. ((And now I attack. And, to be honest, the rest of you should really just fix stuff on Primordia. I have this handled and then some.))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 08, 2009, 09:59:23 pm »

((I wanna be the one who kicks at him after you beat the crap out of him.))

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 09, 2009, 02:22:09 am »

(Inaluct: They used 2PP to turn me into a mortal; I stayed a mortal for two cycles. I think that's quite fair. And I don't rule anything else than Nessus at the moment.)

Yaven'Gan pulled forth two strands of the essence of Nessus, and shaped them into a spear and a shield. They were made so that they could never truly be taken away from him, and they granted him total control of Nessus. He used this power to collapse the newly formed portal behind Ur and make sure that nobody could open another one without his permission.

(Create artifacts: Spear of Nessus and Shield of Nessus: 6PP.)

He spoke to Ur: "Madgod, my quarrel is not with you this day. Leave Nessus, and I will forgive this transgression."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:42:57 am by Jay Kayell »
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 09, 2009, 02:46:02 am »

Wayock was in his study.

He sighed. Erif was out in Primoridia strengthening his hold on the world, he was a noble and just ruler, better than Yaven'Gan. The god-emperor survived the battle and escaped, most likely he's crazed. The army was resting and his palace was finished.

He sighed again.

His work was never done, Ur was trapped by himself against Yaven'Gan. Ur was the only god he considered an ally, a good friend. Only one other he considered a friend, the Lord Of the Dead. Mainly because war and death go hand in hand.

He knew of what Ur created, a great tower with a portal that could go to any plane with enough power. He guessed he had to help, although Yaven'Gan was getting pretty annoying.

He came to the top of the tower and put power into it, he pumped it up with power, over and over again. He tried to create a portal into Nessus but he couldn't, so he used the portal another way, to not create an entrance to Nessus but split open the border between the two planes, Primoridia and Nessus. ((2PP 5PP Left))

He stepped through the gaping hole between worlds with Nra at his belt, Arn in his hand and wearing Nar. Erif was at his side wielding a two handed axe made from the best that the race of War could produce, all his gear was. Decked out in plate armor with chain under that and leather under that. Buckled to one arm has a shield, Erif was very strong and could lift it while using a two handed axe. He had a short sword hung on his side. On his back he had a bow and a quiver.

Once inside Nessus he was standing next to Ur, getting into a battle stance ((1PP 3PP Left, +11)).

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 09, 2009, 02:48:50 am »

"Stone-kin! The surface world is weak with cold and fear of the demon-king. Your empires have become great, and now we can flatten the cities of the demons' rule! Raise hammer and blade, shield and reign! You need not dwell in depths of Primordia any longer!"

Tevorak appeared before the Earthen-Lord Derridel. Lord of the west tunnels, I give you my power. Lead the troops into a massive invasion. Leave half at home for protection, and bring half with the assault.

"Our wurm tamers are always ready. The hammerers are ready, and the seeds of the tevorim will grow before our return. We shall not fail you."

Derridel was a grizzled old stone-kin. He had a hammer arm that could take down buildings, and the resolve to crush a hundred more.

"Very well." Tevorak responded. "You can handle the cold better than any surface dweller. We can thank the lord of the dead for that. Yaven'Gan has plans of his own. If he interferes with our assault on the surface world, use this."

Tevorak pulled forth from the hardest quartz, a pick of terrible power.

"This is the earthquake pick. Within it is the power to split entire cities in half! Take it with you, it will open up a path for those under you."

"With pleasure, Great Tevorak."

Create Artifact (Earthquake Pick) 3PP
Guide Populace (Take as many weakend surface cities as possible.) 2PP
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 09, 2009, 02:56:36 am »

(Psycho Jelly: The demons are not on Primordia anymore. All the former human cities are empty now.)

Yaven'Gan used his control over Nessus to close the rift and make it so that entry into his realm was impossible for everyone but himself.

He spoke to the two gods: "Leave my realm, I do not wish to fight you anymore. My quarrel is with Insurgo the betrayer."
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 09, 2009, 03:04:58 am »

"You have just closed the only exit I am prepared to make."

On Primoridia.

Mostly Narrians were the only ones left on Primoridia.

The horde of stonekin came to a Narrian city. It was obvious they came with warring intentions, they closed the gate and the leader of the city called out.

"What do you want?"

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 09, 2009, 03:19:13 am »

"We come for surface land! Earthen-lord Derridel wishes for a great pit into the underground, for easy access to the surface. You have buildings and farms established here. We wish to have these, as we are scarce on resources from the trek from the tunnels. If you do not surrender food for four hundred, we shall lay siege."

Jaups was feeling alive. The surface air gave him an adrenaline rush like nothing else. He was almost looking forward to war. He almost wished for the tax of four hundred to go unpaid...
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 09, 2009, 03:47:19 am »

"Ok."

After a few minutes the gates opened and ten wagons fulled to the brim with food trundled out.

"After Erif gets back I'll ask him if we can leave."

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 09, 2009, 04:00:52 am »

"Glad to see cooperation. Perhaps when the tunnel is dug out we may repay you. If Derridel wishes it. Gess, tell the wurm rider that there is no need to attack.

You, Narrian! You ally yourself with Wayock, do you not? We may be able to establish... An alliance of sorts. Do you seek more land?"
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61