Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64400 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #780 on: February 03, 2009, 08:33:57 pm »

((Jay: You forgot Ur's metaphorical people. The ones with all the feet. And the swords.))

((Jonathan: Can I get the name of one of Erif's lieutenants? One of the ones with magic? I have an Exarch to make.))

"Hail, Gods. Kneel, mortals! I have slain Yaven'Gan! Praise me!"

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 03, 2009, 08:57:35 pm »

"oh really?(O RLY?) where is he then? i haven't sensed his presence in the ethereal plane."
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 03, 2009, 09:06:27 pm »

"The what?"

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 03, 2009, 11:05:44 pm »

((
((Ockyaw? Spent your last imaination points?

You'll notice that Ockyaw is Wayock but the letters mixed around, part of the storyline is that the false god emperor changed his name to a twisted form of Wayock before conquering Nar and banning all religion to Wayock.
Can Insurgo aid this false god-emperor in any way? Sounds like fun))

No.
))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 04, 2009, 08:42:35 am »

((
No.
Awww.
Anyway.))

Insurgo raised the clay figure. Light glinted off it's beer-soaked sides.
It had started as a human, but quickly they had added a third arm under the right arm, because
"The more the merrier, right? I mean, uh, you can hold more stuff."
Tentacles had been hung all over it, courtesy of the flesh eater. The left hand had been given seven fingers. A third eye had been installed on the back of the head. Spikes were run down the spine.
Bone plating was stuck onto the back of it's shoulders. It had two horns, one a simple cresent, another twisted like a goat's.
"Almost perfect" Insurgo said. Then he took a tiny glowing gemstone from a pocket, and placed it on the counter.
"A ruby? What for?"
"S'Not a ruby. It's part of my citadel. It provides protection against magic." Insurgo's fist crashed down on the gemstone, and it shattered into tinier pieces.
He took a piece, and carefully pushed it into the creatures head. Then he placed it on the counter.
It fell over.
Insurgo sighed, and threw the figure onto the floor.
"Ehh, it was silly to think I could do something right."
The flesh eater patted him on the back, and slithered.
"Yeah, he's right. You don't need people to win. You still have the horsemen, right?"
Insurgo nodded glumly.
"Barguy.."

The figure fell into a puddle of beer on the floor. Despite the fact that the puddle was only a covering, it began to sink.

Late at night, in the village of Yarak's single inn, Grunt the barman was cleaning up. Balancing several clay mugs on his wooden tray, he walked into the kitchen where a puddle of beer lay on the floor. Grunt sighed, set down the tray and went to grab the mop. As he prepared to clean the floor, the puddle flashed, causing him to stumble backwards. He regained his balance, only to see a hand reach up out of the floor.
Grunt flinched, and rubbed his eyes. However, the hand was still there, accompanied by an arm and several tentacles. A second arm reached out and grabbed the edge of the puddle, and the creature pulled itself up. Grunt stared in horror as the second right arm grabbed the edge too, and a horribly twisted head arose from the puddle. It opened its mouth, and roared at him.

((Create populace (3PP of 5): The Corrupted. Weird, twisted humans. Lack working vocal cords, as such are equipped with dissembodied voices.))

Three days later, the villagers had finally decided to charge the inn, and try to kill the creatures within. As they rounded prepared to break down the door, there spoke a voice out of the air. It said, with a cheerful tone;
"Greetings villagers! Please do not resort to violence! We understand that are previous actions may have been confusing! However, we did not have enough time to study you, and as such we did not understand Grunt's reaction to us! Our instincts regrettably guided us towards the unfortunate incident! Now we have studdied your ways, we will leave! We long to travel to the great lake known as Undaparo's Nose! Once again, we apologise for our actions! In the future, we will reimburse you!"
When the voice finished, the door to the inn opened, and the corrupted shambled out. Several villagers threw up as the former body of Grunt came into view, but none had the heart to attack.
The last two corrupted came out carrying a still. One of them turned to the villagers, and a voice said:
"We are borrowing this item in order to allow our continued existence! Goodbye now!"

The corrupted traveled for many days and nights, marvelling at the world. The group grew as they met up with parties from other villages. Most carried a barrel or two, several had stills. Every night the corrupted puzzled over the stills' workings, absorbing knowledge. Several experiments ended in failure, but many times the local vegetation became sustanance to them.
After weeks of slow shambling, the group crested a hill, and saw the great lake. It was still days of travel away, but they could already see their destination, their third eyes moving to their foreheads, to witness the beauty of it. Not to the eyes of mortals, but for those of a magical nature, an unhealthy glow lingered over a patch of forest.
"A place where magic has a lesser effect upon the world!" Said one joyfully.
"We have arrived at the site of Insurgo's citadel!" Cried another.
With a great cheer, the corrupted surged forwards. Slowly.

((Phew.
Anyway, what with everyone else having some form of populace, I decided Insurgo needed some.
Some clarification; The corrupted- think nuclear mutants. [Alchohol_dependant] nuclear mutants.
They have traveled to the above-ground site of Insurgo's (ruined) citadel.
They were created en masse where ever large quantities of alchohol were stored, in a one-off thing.
They are incredibly curious, yearning to understand the world. Luckily, they are very good learners.
For now, they will be simple tribal people, living around the area above Insurgo's citadel.
Take a couple, attack a couple, or run away from a couple, if you want. But do not use them as open-source populace, stick with humans for that.))
Long Live United Forenia!

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 04, 2009, 02:55:55 pm »

Gni'ish told his squad to ready their weapons. He heard rumbling under the ground. Gni'ish was a sturdy human, of an even six feet. He was the greatest hunter of the Mountainshade Village.

"They're here."

A great wurm, white as snow, ripped through the ground with a terrible crash. Anticipating this, Gni'ish ordered his squad to split. From all sides, the humans began to toss spears with ropes attached to them at the wurm. The wurm thrashed in a blind rage after countless points tore through it's skin. Some ropes were secured to the ground, others were doubled back over the wurm by nimble hunters. As the beast grew tired of thrashing, other creatures poured out of the tunnel it left.

They charged, wielding naught but their own hands toward the humans. After a long battle, the humans emerged victorious, with numerous captives.

"So, earth beast. What are you doing in my land?"

"Your land?! We have seen what you do to this earth! you leave gaping scars in it and return nothing to it! You do not even give your thanks! Tevo-"

Gni'ish slitted the stone-kin's throat.

"Looks like we have a new pet."

The wurm twitched.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 04, 2009, 09:14:51 pm »

((Still waiting for reply from Emperor_Jonathan.))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 04, 2009, 09:22:06 pm »

-A few weeks before the battle-

"Erif, what was your Lieutenants name again? The one that uses magic."

"Jotun? I'll get him."

Erif led Jotun into Wayocks study than left.

"Sir? Is  something wrong."

"No.. Another god has use for your... Talents. He will teach you, much like he did with Erif. Will you do this?"

"Anything for you sir."

Wayock brought Jotun to Ur, "Here Ur, keep him well."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 05, 2009, 03:35:20 am »

Ur lead Jotun through the world of Ur, past fields of blinking flowers, and out onto the sight of the great battle between the Gods.

"This, as you know, is where the Gods Nel'ulos and Yaven'Gan attacked the world and were beaten back by the Gods. See that village?"

Ur pointed to a small village on the horizon.

"It was ravished by the demons of Yaven'Gan. Almost all of them were slain. We have work here."

Ur grew tall, like a mighty tree, and went into the village, with Jotun upon His shoulder and proclaimed:

"Mortals, hear Me for I am the God Ur-Ru. All that has been lost shall be reclaimed."

He raised His hand and the dead bodies of the giants and demons and all the rotting flesh remaining on the battlefield turned to ash and bleached white bones. A wind whipped the ashes into the air and flowers began to bloom on the site of the battlefield.

"That which is old shall be wiped away and a new life for your people shall be made through My benevolence. Go forth and build a city between the bones of those long dead Titans. Tend the land and make them bloom and bare fruit. Do this in My name."

((1PP shape land minor: field of ashes and giant bones with wildflowers growing between them.
2PP Guide populace: Make these people followers of Ur and build a city inside Nel'ulos and the former Avatar of Ur's skeletons.
3PP leftover.
))

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 05, 2009, 03:58:22 am »

(I'm still waiting for PP... But Apura helps Ur in a 0 PP cost capacity! Speaking of which, she's working pretty hard in all the places that were ravaged by the war, at least in a minor way, and is routinely interfering with specific mortals, plants, and animals that are being reborn into these areas in order to enhance their beauty and longevity.)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 05, 2009, 04:04:01 am »

((Didn't PP just get passed out monday?))

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 05, 2009, 06:33:41 am »

(I looked for it three times but didn't find it until now... Oh well. Right then!)

Frustrated by the ongoing conflict, Apura did was she could to rebuild the lost biomass of Primordia, better than before.. Still, some annoyances continued. She could spare some effort to hinder them without direct interference...

The land around Yevan'gan's new 'imperial capital' became thick and overgrown with life, vegetation growing deep into the city, cracking the stones and the streets. The thick green moss would not burn, and the abundance of beautiful leaves and flowers overwhelmed any sense of forboding the stubbornly dark power strived to emplace. Where one vine was cut, two would grow in their place. The demons would be well-occupied, for now.

1 PP toward Healing Primordia's scars (Nourish Land), 1 PP toward overhealing it to confound Yevan'gan (Shape Land, Minor)

That would do for her works on Primordia, for now. At home, there was much to do to stop the decay of the society she had created. First, she had to restore beauty and balance to the barren planetoid, which had been suffering from years of overharsh conflict over its scarce objects of wealth.

First, she added vegetation to the dark zones, occupied by weaker clans that had since been toughened by deprivation. These 'silver ferns' required toughtness to find, grow, and harvest, but their sweet taste and pleasant smell would reward those who made the effort.

In the regions between light and darkness, where many of the most stable clans held sway, Apura brought twilight moss. Like the Moon Children who resided in its areas of habitation, it was firm and hardy, and would greatly supplement the strength of these marginal powers.

In the Bright, where mighty empires rose and fell and wars  were fought on a constant basis, Apura bought the Moon Flowers. Plants of astonishing beauty and power, as they grew and spread, the violence lessened, as none could bear to see them damaged by conflict or trampled underfoot out of greed for land.

With the coming of nature, so to did come respect for all life amongst these people, who now, of their own volition, led themselves to a brighter, more peaceful future.

(Nourish Land x3, 1PP, 1PP, 1PP)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 05, 2009, 08:55:13 am »

Zyenild was enjoying his walking on the surface of the world. He had not been able to see all the beauty of it until now, as from a divine being's perspective such details were hard to notice. He was slightly annoyed by the destroyed villages of mortals he occasionally found, and also annoyed by what he considered unperfect mortal settlements of the 'humans'. Still at an almost tribal level, while the Gemchildren were building great cities underground. What a shame...

After some wandering, he switched back to his divine form to check on the Gemchildren. Satisfied with Fan-Hondak's current leading, he left them without any further orders to see how well they would fare. He turned his eyes to the Diamond Citadel they were building. He thought it was missing something... As although it was truly magnificient by appearance alone, studded with thousands of crystal shards, its structural and magical properties could be far better.

He decided that an Archmage to lead the Gemchildren, the post Fan-Hondak led currently, was still not enough. They needed someone to help them with their architecure, with their more physical creations... they needed an engineer of somesort. Zyenild picked out one of the human-sized golems laboring to build the citadel. His choice of golem did not matter, as they were all non-sentient. But the one he did choose, he gave the gift of sentience to. Thus, Garnol the golem architect was 'born'. Zyenild let him achieve his post on his own without any more interference from himself, which wasnt hard as a sentient golem was immediately perceived as a divine gift from the Lord of Magic.

With Garnol now filling the post of Magister Construxi (master builder), the citadel started taking shape even faster, and with much more powerful and effective magics imbedded into it. Zyenild returned to his Avatar form and continued his adventures, but knew that he would soon be able to give an even bigger gift to the Gemchildren...

((Create Exarch: Garnol, the golem Magister Construxi (master builder), 3PP. 4PP left))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 05, 2009, 10:57:44 am »

The Horsemen of corruption rode forth unto Insurgo, and spoketh unto him;
"Hail, Insurgo. We bringeth news of the surface. A race that is as a corruption of other races has come, and they do make their home above thou citadel."
And Insurgo heard the words of the horsemen, and he did sayeth;
"Awww, shit. Go forth, horsemen, and give them my message: Do whatever you feel like. I'll stop by and teach you civilisation and stuff in a decade."
And so did the horsemen ride forth unto the great forests by Undaparo's nose, and there they spoketh unto all the Corrupted;
"Insurgo hath spoken, that he does not wisheth thou to obeyeth his orders; thou must do what thou dost desire. He hath also spoken that he shall come forth to teach thou momentarily."
And the Corrupted did replieth;
"We shalt disobey Insurgo's orders, and follow him, for we know that our own goals and those of Insurgo art identical, but he hath more knowledge."
And the Horsemen spoketh;
"Whatever, prayeth unto Insurgo if thou hast questions"

And so it was that Insurgo was plauged by many prayers. Insurgo did speaketh unto his companions; "Keep my seat, for thys shall only take a minute"
Then Insurgo traveled unto the Corrupted, and there he spoketh unto them;
"Now see here; I don't believe in gods being the lords of man. Shove offeth"
And the Corrupted did say;
"But thou hast created us. Thou hast a responsibilty to help us survive"
And Insurgo did role his eyes, and spoketh;
"Fine. I shall giveth unto you aid."
And Insurgo did waveth his hands, and lo, amongst the Corrupted were Teachers of Insurgo, who set forth to teach them.
And Insurgo did waveth his hands again, and the gorund did shake, and the lands of the Corrupted did rise to the height of a man. And then Insurgo spoke;
"These shalt be thou lands, and if any man does seek to attack you here, I shalt come forth to aid thou. Happy?"

((Teach people (1PP): Teach a bunch of corrupted the way of the Teacher (Priest of Insurgo)
Shape land (Minor)(1PP): Raise the lands occupied by the Corrupted, being the lands surrounding the area directly above Insurgo's citadel. Risen as that anyone casually walking through the forest would stumble across a sheer wall of dirt, and would not accidentaly enter the Corrupteds' lands.))

And Insurgo did returneth unto the underworld; and spoketh unto the landlord; "More drinks here, barperson"
Long Live United Forenia!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 05, 2009, 02:13:17 pm »

Yaven'Gan watched as the legion returned, carrying corpses. They had been to the battlefield to get him the materials he would need, many thousand demon corpses. He got reports from some of the last ones that the madgod had done something in the desert, and that people now made their homes in the carcasses of Nel'ulos and the madgod's own Avatar. "How idiotic" he thought, "But then, he is rather mad, that one."

A few days later he was interrupted by reports of strange creatures suddenly appearing in taverns throughout the city, they had been killed before they could cause any harm though. He assumed that this was some creation of the gods, they all seemed to have gone quite mad recently.

He continued his labor for days, and soon he had extracted what he needed from the corpses: Divine Essence. He had created the demons from his own flesh and so each one carried a grain of divine power. It would be useless without a suitably large energy source though, which he still has to find.

He was interrupted in his thoughts by a rumbling that seemed to come from all over town, and suddenly all kinds of plants started to burst forth through streets and buildings. The town was now mostly useless, and so he ordered the entire population to head to the portal in the northern desert and to enter it. They were to avoid conflict with the people of the desert at all costs.

He was very annoyed by this recent turn of events, but as he walked through the ruined streets he spotted the energy source he needed, and a wicked grin spread across his face...
Decapitation - enjoy the difference
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 61