Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64568 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #615 on: January 27, 2009, 10:21:33 am »

(ok then. But i still refuse to suffer 'great losses' in my gem children if you dont also suffer INCREDIBLY great losses to your dragons from the combined arrowfire of Wayock's troops and magical attacks of my troops)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 27, 2009, 10:37:15 am »

(Very well.)

Apep saw that he had been mistaken before, the gemchildren had not suffered greatly, they had simply thrown themselves to the ground to take cover behind their golems. He estimated that less than one tenth of their force had been affected at all. Their magical counterattack had destroyed most of the 55th legion, only the dragons remained mostly unharmed, thanks to their hard scales.

He got a message from his master:
"Apep, you must not let them enter the portal to Nessus, pull back and protect it at all costs!"
"Yes my lord."

The great army, now numbering approximately half a million, returned to the portal and took up defensive positions. Apep sent out two legions to harass the enemy as they approached, with strict orders to stay away from the magicians for now.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 27, 2009, 03:03:03 pm »

Insurgo realised that Zyenild would never willingly pull the golem back. It would have to be disposed of some other way. He quickly gave orders to a few gemchildren, and climbed to the highest tower in the fortress. He began to gather power. Soon gemchildren arrived, bearing a multitude of items. First two gemchildren emerged, straining under the weight of two sacks of coins. Then a gemcaster arrived, bearing one of Sapphire Tunnels' most powerfull gems, a fire spell stolen from an enemy mage. A female gemchild entered, carrying a flask of wine. A Teacher came next, carrying tablets inscribed with the Answers of Insurgo. Finnaly a gemchild entered with a horse's skull in it's hands.
Insurgo thanked them all. "You may now leave. The items you carry must be left behind." he spoke.
The gemchildren filed down the stairs.

Insurgo bundeld the items together, and focused his power on them. They shrank, untill all that remained was a glittering egg. Insurgo looked at the golem, still bashing at the walls, and threw the egg far over it's head.
The egg landed on the cave floor, and burst open. From it grew a vast figure on horseback, equal, nay, greater in size to the golem. Before it fully formed, Insurgo spoke a word, and it split into four horsepeople, each a quarter of the first.

The first horseman was a fat gemchild, wearing beautifull clothes, riding a horse with a skin of precious metals, wielding two large sacks of coins like flails.
The second horsewoman was a beautiful female gemchild, riding a perfect horse, holding in her hands a flask of wine, and a sleek thin sabre.
The third horseman was a steel-clad warrior, riding a horse which flashed with [seemingly] magical power, wielding a mighty longsword. Both him and the horse seemed to burn with magical fire.
The fourth horseman was a plain young gemchild. He wore the white robes of a Teacher, and wielded a staff which ended in what appears to be a question mark in one hand, and held a book in the other. His horse did not appear to be an actual horse, but more an answer to the question 'what is a horse?'. Perhaps it was a blob with four legs, a long head and a tail. Look at it like this, and it was as fast as the wind. Maybe it was simply a fast mount. 

Insurgo regarded the four horsepeople.
"You, riders of temptation, bringers of dissent, horsemen of corruption. Wealth, Pleasure, Power and Answers. Make of this golem a pile of rubble. I command you thus as your sole connection to this world. Do not play your tricks on yourself. You are not sentinent to question me"
And so the four horsemen [people] of corruption went to the golem. Wealth threw one of his bags at its back, pulling another out of thin air. When the golem turned to attack him, Pleasure sliced of its right hand. As the golem reached down to recconect the hand, Power struck it in its unprotected back with a mighty swing of his blade. Cracks appeared over the golem's back, and when Answers charged at it's side, using his staff as a lance, several chunks were knocked out.

((Create avatar (4PP): The 4 horsemen of Corruption.
The horsemen are as a single entity, none going anywhere without the others. They will corrupt even those of purest heart, and those they cannot corrupt, for example a non-sentinent golem, they will attack, fighting together to quickly break the foe. As with their god, they assume form of the sentinent race with which they are dealing, or default to demon.

Poltifar: I'm giving you a chance to aid your golem. If you fail to act, it will be broken to rubble. I shall nick the pieces and attempt to rebuild them. I think. If you aid it, well, it can't leave the cavern in it's current form, but you can magik it away. The horsemen may not fall.

Armok: I'd worship it. Post?

I'm not attacking anyone, but for the sake of wholeness; 4+1 (IRC(Insurgo's Ruby Citadel)bonus)=5 ))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 03:05:22 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 27, 2009, 04:26:14 pm »

the behemoths werent the greatest of threats. but they blocked the demons, the giant powerhouses, from harm. just barely though. so Nel'ulos decided to give them an edge. he bestowed upon each of them a small part of his divine power. now the Behemoths could use Nel'ulos's powers in battle. to a smaller extent.
(teach populace: StormCalling 1pp used 2 left. i think i already spent one on attacking)
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 27, 2009, 06:10:37 pm »

Wayock called out.

"Nel'ulos! it is not to late to change sides, this is folly, you cannot win! Think about your creatures, they are being killed more with the demons then they would have against them!"

Wayock said to the others, "Zyenild, may we have permission to bombard the enemy with a star, just one? For now Erif, use rocks with that hook of yours. I have no doubt, to stop this fighting and the killing of innocents we must strike through to Nessus and no doubt Yaven'Gan will be there. Once we meet him, and fight him we can stop this."

The Narrians had taken a lot of casualties, they now numbered 2 million. Four times the size of the demons.

"Archers, focus on those that are harassing us, I want the half of the fighters to engage now."

The Close Quarters fighters came in to attack the enemy, with the dead supporting them they killed many but many were lost.

"Ok, secondary fighters, swing round and flank them... NOW!"

The secondary fighters hit the demons flanks, killing many, while the archers and gemchildren were valiantly keeping the other 2 legions harassing them for flanking the fighters.

Erif was flinging boulders as large as houses into the mass of enemy, killing many at a time.

((@Nuke, you only get the bonus from the citadel if you fight in the citadel.))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:14:51 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 27, 2009, 06:21:55 pm »

Through the mass of killing destruction and star/rock hurtling, for the first time, Nel'ulos acknowledged a voice that was pestering him for awhile.
"OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD FINISH THIS STUPID BATTLE ALREADY! uh... erm... remember our discussion? think of those rewards coming closer by the minute!"
Nel'ulos was surprised for a moment but then regained his calmness.
"yes i remember."
just then Nel'ulos disappeared from the battlefield and reappeared by his serpent. "But those rewards pale in comparison to the losses im suffering!"
before the serpent could react Nel'ulos Brought down his Glaive as hard as he could, Turning the serpent into pink mist and a river of blood.
a faint breeze blows across the battlefield...
THIS. IS. SPARTA!

((BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE MIGHTY PLOT DEVICE.))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:32:10 pm by Dragooble »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 27, 2009, 07:40:06 pm »

Amid the crashing chaos, Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa approaches Wayock.

"He's obviously too far gone to come to our side, and we seem to have beaten him. Our forces drastically outnumber his. We should demand a surrender. I recommend offering all of the enemy forces painless execution in return for their immediate surrender..."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa starts snickering.

"Because that implies that we'll torture them to death if they don't surrender. Imagine how hilarious it would be if they all committed suicide when we told them the terms!"

The Lord of the Underworld takes a more serious tone.

"Also, let's kill Nel'ulos."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 27, 2009, 08:01:24 pm »

"No, I believe Nel'ulos was just trying to do the best for his race, we will not kill him. A surrender however..."

Wayock pulled back all forces.

"Yaven'Gan! Come out and face us!"

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 27, 2009, 08:04:46 pm »

"well" thought Nel'ulos "this was sure to happen anyway. at least they're not going for the eternal torture option anymore." Nel'ulos raised a hand and all the behemoths returned to the mountain range. "now my existence will hopefully return to being boring" and Nel'ulos casually strolled up to lu, whistling a merry tune.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 27, 2009, 08:06:59 pm »

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa grabbed Nel'ulos' shoulder and spun him around.

"Not so fast. Do you really expect to walk away from this without consequence?"

((Remember when he said we could kill him if he lost?))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:09:05 pm by inaluct »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 27, 2009, 08:08:27 pm »

((ah yes i remember now))
"alright then, kill me, torture me, whatever. Does it really matter now?"
((so what actually happens if a god dies? it doesnt really say what happens in the rules? does he just go to the underworld and life continues on as normal? i cant believe i forgot to ask this.))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:13:02 pm by Dragooble »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 27, 2009, 08:13:09 pm »

"Not really, but it will be fun."

Ur beckons forth a few dozen of wounds-with-wings and orders them to attack Nel'ulos.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 27, 2009, 08:15:09 pm »

"Ha, yes it does!"

With that, Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa dives into the fray and brings the Mattock of The Underworld down into Nel'ulos' abdomen, tearing a massive hole in his side. He hits him several more times before stopping and walking away from the battered, mutilated god-corpse.

Nel'ulos wakes up inside a cold, clammy cave. In the distance, he sees a group of people huddled around a small fire. Some of them are playing Risk and commenting that they had never had the time to finish a game before dying. In the other direction, Nel'ulos sees a winding tunnel with a lily white fungal growth emerging from off in the distance. It is cold.

((I'm gonna go with the underworld thing.))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:16:56 pm by inaluct »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 27, 2009, 08:18:47 pm »

((nobody wants to comment more in depht on my art?))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 27, 2009, 08:20:45 pm »

((I'm gonna go with the underworld thing.))

((Ha. thats just what a Witchalock god of the underworld would say.))
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61